Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,209
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:34:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The LOST Season 3 Thread *** Please Obscure Spoilers ***

Started by 19pack, September 15, 2006, 10:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shite on a bike

Is next week the finale? Surely we're due one more episode before it? I was under the impression it was 23 episodes with the last being a double.

lactating man nips

I advise people to be very wary of visiting any sites about lost as apparently there are MAJOR spoilers floating around concerning the finale. Ive already been burnt by AICN with Locke getting shot so I'll not be visiting any of their talkbacks that's for sure.

Ja'moke

I really enjoyed that episode. It made me not want Charlie to die by the end of it. Good to see that Rose and Bernard are still living too. And that was Nadia that Charlie saved from a mugging wasn't it?

gazzyk1ns

Quote from: "shite on a bike"Is next week the finale? Surely we're due one more episode before it? I was under the impression it was 23 episodes with the last being a double.

Well, yes, that's right - last night was 21, and 22 and 23 are being shown back-to-back next week. http://www.tvrage.com/ is good for checking this sort of thing, if you go to a show's episode list page then that's exactly what it is, just a list with no plot summaries or anything.

Slaaaaabs

Why didn't they just cut the cable? I assume nothing could be directly broadcast from underwater like that?

I've read some of the spoilers thinking they were fake but having seen this episode I know at least that part was true. If it is the case that they were ALL true then next weeks is going to be a total mindbender.

purlieu

I've spoken to a couple of people who've seen spoilers for the 'game-changer' ending, and apparently it really is astonishing (one guy said he doesn't even want to watch it afterwards?) so you could well have heard right.

Artemis

Quote from: "Slaaaaabs"Why didn't they just cut the cable? I assume nothing could be directly broadcast from underwater like that?
Good thinking! I guess they were just working on what Juliette said and Desmond's vision, but it's much more sensible just to cut the cable. You'd have thought they would have already gone out to see where the cable leads by now as well.

Ja'moke, if you are still looking for season one, you can take my copy of my hands if you like - I've watched it once and ever since it's just been on the shelf.

Marvin

I really don't understand the criticism of this episode for not giving any 'answers', people talking about 'answers' is getting almost as tedious as the phrase 'game-changer'.

It did its job nicely, was exciting, built up tension and plots really well for the finale, hell even the emotion was handled well, I actually cared about Charlie for once. The last few episodes have been great and personally I'm really enjoying the pace now, given the amount of episodes left I don't want loads of answers all the time, otherwise the last series will end up being made up as it goes along. I'm really looking forward to next week now.

Incidentally the girl Charlie saved from the mugger was Nadia, Sayid's girl, flashback-connection-fans.

Marvin

Jesus, some absolute cunt just told me two spoilers he heard about next week's finale, and if it's true, then fucking hell it's going to be very unexpected and I'm going to be doubly amazed and pissed off with the stupid cunt who ruined it for me.

Marv Orange

Another bullshit Lost episode with zero incident. Charlie popping up in the pool should have happened half way through and the ep ending on a cliffhanger.

The flashbacks paralyse lost all the time eating up too much air time.

Why did they need to go to the station? Why not just blow up the power cable leading to it?

Pre post edit: Beaten

Ja'moke

Quote from: "Artemis"
Quote from: "Slaaaaabs"Why didn't they just cut the cable? I assume nothing could be directly broadcast from underwater like that?
Good thinking! I guess they were just working on what Juliette said and Desmond's vision, but it's much more sensible just to cut the cable. You'd have thought they would have already gone out to see where the cable leads by now as well.

Ja'moke, if you are still looking for season one, you can take my copy of my hands if you like - I've watched it once and ever since it's just been on the shelf.

Yes I'm still looking for a copy. I got told off on here before though for discussing the exchange of DVD's using the forum, but yeah if you no longer want yours I'm definitely interested still.

The cable was an 'anchor cable' though? Not a power cable, it was used so that the station couldn't basically float away and if they were to have any problems down there, they could find their way back to the island.

Also Marv I think you should give up with Lost now, it seems that every episode just disappoints you, why put yourself through it every week.

I thought this weeks was great, an emotional episode and also a great set up for next weeks finale. Which I am spoiler free from and was actually getting scared reading the past couple of posts that people where going to post spoilers (yeah me getting scared that somebody else was going to post spoilers). I think that proves that I don't go hunting for spoilers to post on here, I never read the spoilers if I can avoid them, I just listen to the official Lost podcast, so the only spoilers I get are slight ones from the writers.

Marvin

Be very careful with any Lost discussion online, the 'game-changer' (said through gritted teeth I assure you) has been leaked and it's being posted all over the shop.

Artemis

I've abandoned Lostpedia, Digitalspy and basically anywhere discussing Lost other then this thread, which I will also abandon the second someone posts the game-changer in spoiler tags (I have no self-discipline). It's so easy to get caught out by spoilers - I missed The Apprentice last night and while waiting for the download from the other place, I noticed a picture of the newly fired contestant on the BBC news website. Great.

I'll grant you, last night's episode was a nice build up for the finale, I just hope they're not going to string the whole thing out and have an hour of tedious build up followed by a ten minute climax. I'm expecting the pay-off to reward me for sitting through the disgraceful opening half dozen episodes.

Marvin

No real arguments about the first few episodes, episode 1 I liked but beyond that that opener to the series was weak, but once this series got going I've really enjoyed it, especially the last few weeks. The character developement has been interesting and hopefully some of that will come to a head next week with characters like Jack, Ben and hopefully seeing what happened to Locke.

NB none of that is spoilers, I don't know anything about Locke etc, I was just told two big fuck-off spoilers which if true are going to leave a lot of people going 'what the fuck?' but rest assured I'm not going to say anything on here.

Ja'moke

I really enjoyed the Season opener as well. Where it showed the plane crash from The Others point of view etc. But then the next five episodes were very poor. But since that Desmond time travel episode I've enjoyed pretty much all of the episodes this season with some being exceptionally good.

I am now avoiding all Lost forums or Lost related threads on forums, apart from this one, to avoid the big spoilers. What a turn around eh, the strict regime of spoiler posting on this thread that was a thorn in my side for so long has now become such a positive thing, I take it all back.

shite on a bike

I really liked that episode as it was very similar to the end of season one; all the original lost cast together working out how to deal with the Others. The endings of the last two seasons have made me forget about the mysteries and start caring about the characters and it seems to be going that way again.

Ja'moke

Yeah it was definitely a great character episode. The question is though what were you thinking during the Desmond/Charlie boat part, where they both was willing to jump down and 'die'....who would you have missed the most. I really didn't want Desmond to go down there, I think he is a fantastic character, so was quite glad Charlie knocked him out with an oar.

Artemis

Out of the two of them, I definitely wanted Charlie to go down the most - Desmond is one of the best characters in the whole thing and for them to kill him off without resolving the whole Penny thing would just be a huge 'fuck you' to the fans. Are we supposed to believe Charlie will still die? I'd kind of like him to in a way - I enjoy definite moments like that in these kind of stories.

Ja'moke

I don't know. Because didn't Desmond say that Charlie had to flip a switch first? I never saw him flip a switch, unless I missed that part. So I'm not sure, I'm kind of thinking he still might die.

So what's the deal with your season 1 DVD Artemis? How can I pay for it without violating the rules of the forum?

Helvetica Scenario

PMing him about it would be a good start, Ja'moke...

Artemis

I've already sent you a PM, Ja'moke - we should discuss it privately.

chumfatty

Quote from: "Ja'moke"Yeah it was definitely a great character episode. The question is though what were you thinking during the Desmond/Charlie boat part, where they both was willing to jump down and 'die'....who would you have missed the most. I really didn't want Desmond to go down there, I think he is a fantastic character, so was quite glad Charlie knocked him out with an oar.

I don't think Charlie is supposed to die, all of Desmonds previous flashbacks have been shown within the episodes, why wasn't this one? Possibly because it is different to what Desmond suggests? I don't know what his motivations are for lying to Charlie, but it just doesn't sit right with me that we haven't seen any footage of the flash backs.??

Artemis

Nah, I think he will die. Why would flicking a switch cause him to drown? By itself it makes no sense, but the station is probably destroyed by it's current in inhabitants as a last resort rather then allow the jamming device to be broken - it's probably the last thing Charlie does before everyone on the stations dies.

Small Man Big Horse

I've been watching the whole of season three over the last few weeks via various tv streaming sites, and I've finally caught up with the latest episode tonight. I've got to say I've  enjoyed this season more than any other - though I'm guessing not having to wait a whole week for each new episode has helped.

I didn't find myself even a problem with some of the slower episodes, unlike in season 1 and 2, sometimes a brief break from all the action works for me in these long running US series, the Hurley one I found especially fun, and it is nice to see them get a victory once in a while, however small it might be. Having said that there was still the odd duff episode - the Jack's tattoo ep being the most glaringly weak for me.

As for this episode, I wasn't sure about whether or not Charlie had flicked the switch either, though sometimes its hard to make out detail on dailymotion videos, but certainly his reaction once he made it in to the station suggested he hadn't expected to make it that far. I'm quite glad he did, in seasons 1 and 2 he seemed far too all over the place to sympathise with (damn that pesky heroine stuff), but this year he's calmed down a lot and this week's flashback episode was easily his best yet.

As for the final two episodes and the game changing thing - I'm so hoping I manage to avoid hearing spoilers, I've had too many shows ruined for me in the past by various websites or by friends who have sent emails, and I'll be gutted if I do find out before next week.

Beck

Agreed that Charlie's now a tad more sympathetic, but why in sodomy did he whack Desmond in the head with an oar instead of just, y'know, politely declining his offer? Seemed like a particularly arsey thing to do, that. What what would he have done had he not knocked him out with the first shot? Continued to beat him senseless? It really felt like a total character betrayal for the sake of an 'ooh, didn't expect that, did you?'-type moment.

Small Man Big Horse

Heh, good point. Though there's always been quite a few moments in Lost that are best not analysed too closely.

I did like it when Charlie kissed Claire for the first time, because it was an obvious "Ah, he's clearly fucked now" nod to the audience. But perhaps they're just playing around with the conventions of the genre, and I don't know whether or not he actually is going to survive as I've read no spoilers.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: "purlieu"one guy said he doesn't even want to watch it afterwards
The guy who told me the spoiler said the same thing.
The one I heard was only a spoiler for one scene, which has nothing to do with the whole battle with the others next week.  Personally the possibility of the spoiler being true doesn't bother me at all and I won't stop watching, in fact it opens up exciting new possibilities.  Then again it could all be fake, spread by the programme makers themselves just to stir things up a bit.

terminallyrelaxed

Locke's can't be dead, its even more abrupt and unfinished than Eko's death. You notice Ben also pointedly said "he had an accident" to the other Other, I think the other Other will extrapolate this with the "accident" that happened to the Dharma drones and go and look for Locke.
This might all be building up to Ben's ousting by his own people. Personally I'm a little dissappointed in the way things have gone the last few episodes - I mean I like the pace and the fact that things are happening and being revealed, but its feels a bit of a let-down that the Dharma people all got killed because Ben's a nut-job with daddy issues.
Wasn't the Other that young Ben met in the jungle the same one who had a chat with Locke on the hill, now with short hair? OK Ben didn't want to just leave the island because of his ghost-Mum, but he was so sick of being a janitor that killing a whole bunch of people and setting up his own fiefdom was the only answer?
The Jacob thing was ambiguous. We didn't know if it was showing us what Ben sees or whats there. The whole idea of depicting peoples hallucinations (Jack's Dad, Hurley's mate Dave etc) as real totally confuses the issue on a supernatural island, theres no separation between one person's perception and reality which is going to make it hard to bring it all together at the end without just leaving a whole lot of stuff out as if it never happened.

Whacking someone over the head to prevent them from taking your place on a suicide mission is a tradition or an old charter or something, if Chuck had said "nah, you're all right" then we can assume ex-military Des would have done the same to him. Its a TV drama device. I thought Chuck had had his chips the minute he kissed Claire, but I wasn't really sad about it. I like Charlie but he seemed at peace with it, so I wasn't sad for him.
However, I wasn't convinced he was going to die as we didn't see the flashback. I still think he'll manage the prophecy, he'll be locked in a room and pull the switch or something, maybe he'll get all Michael Beihn in The Abyss and go all Lt Coffey on their asses, but maybe drowning won't kill him.

I suppose its too much to hope for that the plan survives first contact with the enemy. I realise this needs to go on for a while but our guys need a victory against the Others, knocking out at least half of Ben's ten best men would be a start while still staying the underdogs.

Ja'moke

I think Ben's troubles may go a bit deeper than Father troubles, here's my theory for what it's worth. I reckon that Ben probably got together with Annie in the past (whether Annie is Danielle or not) and Annie probably got pregnant and died during child birth, this would have destroyed Ben as he already thinks he was the reason for his Mother dying during his birth. So he has been on a mission ever since to find a cure for this, hence why he is so obsessed with taking the women. That sounds plausible right?

Craig Torso

I've been avoiding this thread for a day or so in case somebody posts spoilers for next week but caved and am glad to see the thread remains spoiler free.

What do people think about Desmond's vision with Claire getting into a helicopter?  He's been spot on so far and it'd be a massive 'what the fuck?' moment if it happens next week.  If Charlie manages to shut down the jamming signal then what's stopping them from using the phone?  It'd be ace if the final shot of the series is of helicopter woman's boat sailing towards the island.

Who was the man mugging Nadia in Charlie's flashback?  It looked like Charlie's brother but I wasn't sure.