Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:31:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The LOST Season 3 Thread *** Please Obscure Spoilers ***

Started by 19pack, September 15, 2006, 10:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marv Orange

Quote from: "Ja'moke"
SPOILER BELOW

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

fuck sake do you not read the thread.

Cappsy

Marvin

Quote from: "Artemis"Also let's not forget that Ben is not in charge. When locked up he made reference to 'He' that would kill him if he screwed up.

I think he was bluffing though, several people have referred to 'Him' and in this episode Tom used it to refer to Ben several times.

Thanks very much for the link by the way Atermis!

I think the episode was better than some people have given it credit - the opening was excellent and the fact that there's a little suburban community on the island who must have had (recent at least) contact with the outside world ( new CD player etc) was a huge what-the-fuck moment, and I hope we get some more Others flashbacks.

It did drag a bit towards the end but there were still plenty of nice touches, for example the way that repeatedly Julliette would pretty much echo words from Jack's flashback.

Did anyone else get the feeling Julliette and Ben had a relationship?

Oh and fuck off with the spoilers already.

Artemis

Ja'Moke was chief offender last time round if I recall correctly.

Dude, for fucks' sake, it's not rocket science: if it hasn't been shown on American TV (and this does NOT include the previews), only bring it into this thread in the form of a link (or preferably not at all - I don't like being tempted).

If you're not able to do that, may I respectfully suggest you give this thread a miss.

19pack

Wow. I'm not talking about the premiere (I haven't seen it yet).

I just read this:

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23991

...It's a theory written by a guy called Andrew Smith. It's pretty exhausting to read, but you may find it's worth the effort - It's the most bizzarely plausible theory on the show I have ever read, and it'll never fucking come true, but it was really entertaining. See what you make of it.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

That theory is interesting, but it falls down with the idea that changing people's memories somehow makes them physically invincible. That seems like too much of a leap.

terminallyrelaxed

Yeah I got the impression Ben and Juliet used to be an item - "If Ben were here he'd never have chosen this book", "I guess I'm out of the book club, then...." and also Juliet was trying desperately to cheer herself up with Petula Clarke (or was it Lulu?), whether because of her (assumed) breakup with him, or just because its generally shit being marooned on a asland, or perhaps that sng is her trigger for the memory of when she murdered Sayid's girlfriend and slep with Jack's wife while medicating Hurley or some nonsense we'll find out later in a manner that suggests that we were supposed to be able to figure it out.

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Oh fuck off J'amoke. Same as fucking last time.

Also, yes, I definitely detection some tension between Julliette (schwing!) and Ben. I'm thinking former dual sex parters.

Ja'moke

I'm in genuine shock that you are all at me again, Identity Crisis Ahoy! did the same thing, example:

QuoteAnyway, obviously spoilers-

Good opening, but it wasn't all that mind blowing to me. Nice to see there's more to the island. I like the new chick. She has nice heaving boosoms. Henry Gale's name revealed! (Ben)

The show itself suffered from two things - a Jack flashback episode. Usually pointless and boring (did anyone really think his dad would've been bonkin' his wife?) and the lack of the support cast. Having Sawyer, Kate & Jack look sullen for 41 mins aint enjoyable to me.

As did this guy:

Quote from: "Claude the Lion Tamer"I've just started watching it,

I never expected the others to be a bunch of Stephen King reading suburbanites

So why not get at them, I made it clear that there was a spoiler below and then wrote it in small text,  thats what other people have done so I honestly don't know what to do. Plus my spoiler was just from what I saw on the preview for next week that came on after Episode 1 finished so most people would of seen it anyway. This forum needs a 'spoiler tags' function.

Milo

Revealing who is in next week's episode is a bit spoilery - stuff from the previews is to be avoided. The version I downloaded didn't have any preview stuff and during last season if I got one that had previews on I'd stop and wouldn't watch as they'd give all sorts of stuff away.

Ja'moke

Quote from: "Milo"Revealing who is in next week's episode is a bit spoilery - stuff from the previews is to be avoided.

Right okay then, so don't talk about what happened in the next episode preview, thats another thing I need to remember. All I want to do is chat about Lost but I always end up messing up lol. How come this site doesnt have spoiler tags though?

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

It's simple man, don't discuss what we haven't seen (including previews for next week.)

PUHLEEASE!

terminallyrelaxed

So, what's it going to be then? Are Jack et al going to be initiated into the inner sanctum of Ike's lizards and, once they've seen the writing on the wall (no pun intended) will they join in to save the world? For one, I don't think so. Jack's rational to the point of bloody-mindedness, and then there's Tom. Now, Ben's manner I can understand, he's got that whole patient "I know things you mere mortals don't" thing going on, and his contemptuous attitude towards the Losties is understandable given that he was held and tortured, but we know we're never going to be on the Other team simply because of Tom's infuriating chummy folksiness.

Custard

Does anyone else listen to the LostCasts podcast? I'm still waiting for them to update with this episode's show, but I really got into these last season.

It's basically a handful of mates (I assume) talking about the most recent episode and the show in general, and it's really good. Well presented, interesting, not too lengthy (the running-time is usually an hour and a half, though it flies by), and it's a great way of hearing people's theories and thoughts on the show without trawling all the sites & forums.

Anyway, just thought I'd give it a nod, as I can't remember it being mentioned on here. I get it through Itunes, and it's weekly, even when there's been no episode, though I've never bothered with those ones to be honest, so can't really comment on whether they're worth bothering with or not!

Try it out. Might lead us to a few more points of discussion regarding the show. Which is always nice eh?

Custard

Actually, thinking about it, would anyone be interested in a weekly upload of it? Cos I wouldn't mind doing that at all, if it's allowed.

EDIT - They have a site, with direct-downloads. http://www.lostcasts.com/

New episode on Sunday, it says.

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"So, what's it going to be then? Are Jack et al going to be initiated into the inner sanctum of Ike's lizards and, once they've seen the writing on the wall (no pun intended) will they join in to save the world? For one, I don't think so. Jack's rational to the point of bloody-mindedness, and then there's Tom. Now, Ben's manner I can understand, he's got that whole patient "I know things you mere mortals don't" thing going on, and his contemptuous attitude towards the Losties is understandable given that he was held and tortured, but we know we're never going to be on the Other team simply because of Tom's infuriating chummy folksiness.

Who the hell is Tom?

Rev

I wish that I could imagine something other than the three prisoners escaping and taking the new blondie with them back to the camp, but that's what we'll eventually be getting, isn't it?

My take on the 'others' at the moment is that they're Dadaists.  And I mean that very seriously.

CookACat

A lovely image from this week's episode

The opening minutes weren't followed by anything else that interesting, though, but Ben's aside to Kate on the beach was quite dark.

And having read the 'seventh seal' theory, I am quite concerned that, for someone, this is the only plausible explanation for Lost:

Marv Orange

Quote from: "Ja'moke"
So why not get at them, I made it clear that there was a spoiler below and then wrote it in small text,  thats what other people have done so I honestly don't know what to do. Plus my spoiler was just from what I saw on the preview for next week that came on after Episode 1 finished so most people would of seen it anyway. This forum needs a 'spoiler tags' function.

Not everyone watches the same copy as you. I dont get any preview i dont even get the credits on my version.

If the thing you want to mention is from an episode that hasn't aired don't mention it. Even if its in the preview. Its that simple.

Checking out this seventh seal theory it looks pretty interesting...  Im gonna have to watch that movie again..  

check this link for a pretty indepth breakdown of this (and some other theories)

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23991

Probably the most intreging are the photos trying to explain the 4 toe'd statue... looks like they're on to something...

Would say more in this thread but there seems to be a pretty big anti-spoiler brigade going on.

What is the attitude towards The Lost EXperience. This is stuff that is out there in the public domain, but is also stuff thats not been discussed on the show and it answers some of the big show questions such as what are the numbers, who is Hanso etc...

Artemis

Don't know what others think but I don't mind The Lost Experience being discussed.

Joy Nktonga

For previous postings of that rather wonderful link see the previous page.

I'm not convinced in the slightest about the foot/Statue of Liberty business. Even if you take into account the "de-robing" theory, they're nothing more than similar to each other. The plinths aren't alike at all for a start.

Edit to add: I should say in that chap's defence, that I think it's a good, well thought-out theory - especially the Seventh Seal comparisons. It's touches like the polar bear that make it, but it's things like the foot/SoL that blow it for me.

wheatgod

It was a poor opening episode. The beginning - s2 ended with Desmonds lady, so s3 should really of started with it. The end - what was the significance of that sandwich interragation chick's name?

I do like Jack's stubborness. Sawyer being treated like a hamster was funny. And Ben's warning to Kate that the next couple of weeks were going to be difficult was quite good.

So its this kind of set up for another few episodes? I can live with that, if they get better. Hopefully a lot of Dharma will be explained, so we can move on to more interesting stuff. Dharma bores me now.

terminallyrelaxed

I wondered what the deal with all three getting different treatment was, perhaps Sawyer is only there to make sure Kate plays ball when they go to inseminate her with the polar bear sperm, you know, "open wide or Goldilocks gets it" type thing. Why else would she get the five star Tom treatment and then just get dumped in a cage opposite Sawyer?

Ja'moke

Quote from: "wheatgod"It was a poor opening episode. The beginning - s2 ended with Desmonds lady, so s3 should really of started with it. The end - what was the significance of that sandwich interragation chick's name?

I do like Jack's stubborness. Sawyer being treated like a hamster was funny. And Ben's warning to Kate that the next couple of weeks were going to be difficult was quite good.

So its this kind of set up for another few episodes? I can live with that, if they get better. Hopefully a lot of Dharma will be explained, so we can move on to more interesting stuff. Dharma bores me now.

I reckon that sandwich interrogation chick fancies Jack, she looked quite a lot likes Jacks ex-wife as well I thought, so Jack might fancy her. If what somebody else said in this thread earlier about the writers focusing more on romance this season then it could be plausible.

I wouldn't mind that, as the love triangle between Jack, Kate and Sawyer was a bit tedious and - at the risk of sounding like a Heat 'reader' - Kate and Sawyer make for a better couple anyway what with them both being complete fuckups. His sharing the biscuit with her was quite sweet.

Custard

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"Why else would she get the five star Tom treatment and then just get dumped in a cage opposite Sawyer?

Cos her two weeks of "unpleasantness" had begun. I assume.

New woman looks almost exactly like Penny, Desmond's ex-girlfriend, which was really confusing at the start. I can't imagine that was an accident by the producers. Maybe a cheeky headfuck to kick the ultimate headfuck show off again.

Wonderful to have it back though, eh?

terminallyrelaxed

I'm detecting a theme of preppy blondes with prominent jawbones here....