Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:28:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Viruses again.

Started by Neil, February 03, 2004, 10:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Well I've just had one to fucknut@cookdandbomd.co.uk which suggests to me that it's not that virus thing and is actually some twat manually adding me to spammers list.  It seems that someone has sent emails to London Met Uni with that addy in the reply-to so I'm going to get in touch and see if they kept the original email so I can get the IP.  Why are people such fucking cunts?

Bogey

I think it's because they don't have the love of a good woman.
And because they're "1337". (Is that the correct term?)

Vermschneid Mehearties

imitationleather

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Cancer's too good for 'em.

A motor neurone disease is still not quite there, but it's on the right track.

Neil

This is the site:  http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/  They mustn't realise that their IP address gets sent along with the form.  I'm going to crucify this bastard.

Vermschneid Mehearties

We all support zero tolerance and facile nimby-isms. Go get'im.

blue jammer

Is it the (new) worm virus?

Neil

No! Sorry i didn't make myself clear originally. I am geting shitloads of them, but this doesn't have an attachment, I was just harking back to the previous virus topic that got wiped at the weekend.  The name "fucknut" is too coincidental as far as I'm concerned.  Someone must have emailed that London Met site or submitted a message using my email addy.  

I'm kind of glad I can't get my Club24 email anymore, since it went down about two weeks ago there has been 2569 mails to it so far!  I hope there haven't been any important site emails in there.  I can see them on the server but can't download them, presumably as I can't dial-in to them anymore.

Neil

I now have the IP addy of the person involved:  81.86.165.63

Resolved 81.86.165.63 to 81-86-165-63.dsl.pipex.com
Client browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)

Well, "Johnny Boy", would you like to own up to save me having to go through the logs?

butnut

Quote from: "Neil"The name "fucknut" is too coincidental as far as I'm concerned.  

Can I just say that it has absolutely nothing to do with me at all.

Krang

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: "Neil"I now have the IP addy of the person involved:  81.86.165.63

Resolved 81.86.165.63 to 81-86-165-63.dsl.pipex.com
Client browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)

Well, "Johnny Boy", would you like to own up to save me having to go through the logs?

Eeek! That's not levelled at me , is it? I'm innocent, I tell ya.

Edit to say: Just noticed the browser - I don't use Mozilla. Phew!

mcbpete

I spent the last weekend trying to get rid of some funkin' WinXP worms. I had my Firewall turned off for like 5 minutes and the interweb tries to digest my computer from the inside. Thankfully all sorted now.

Oh, and Neil it wasn't me who sent the kooky email. Cos I never use Outlook anyway (or Internet Explorer for that matter).,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

TOCMFIC

Quote from: "Neil"Why are people such fucking cunts?

Given the problems I'm having with the neighbours where I am (and they kicked it up a notch today it seems, which means it's time to put my 6'7" tall frame to good use if they do it again) I don't know. I think it's just a case of the world being full of petty little shits who like nothing more than making other, better peoples lives a misery.