Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:07:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Morrissey to play Glastonbury! and more news

Started by european son, March 16, 2004, 10:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

european son

sorry for a second morrissey thread, but the last one was a bit focussed on YATQ,

QuoteChannel 4 teletext (Planet Sound P351) give over three pages to Moz after bumping into him at a gig in London. He granted them a brief interview, and according to them:
- He will play at Glastonbury and the Carling Festival
- Guests for the Meltdown Festival will include Franz Ferdinand, the Libertines and Alan Bennett. The remaining New York Dolls will also reform for the first time since 1977 to play Meltdown.

Meltdown looks lovely, Franz, Moz, the Dolls, the Libertines!!!!!..... i have to find out when the hell my exams are and pray really.

Glastonbury will be fucking amazing.

imitationleather

Oh my gawwwwwwd! I think I have exams during Glastonbury though. Bang goes that dream.

This sounds like the first Meltdown festival where I'll be able to attend without feeling out of place because I don't have a little bit of facial hair under my bottom lip or dreadlocks.

Rats

Ooh, I'm hopefully going to get hold of tickets this year before they sell out in five minutes. I'm not going T in the fucking park again, it was like fucking outdoor nightclub, they had bloody bouncers and everything. I've never seen him before.

Jemble Fred

Alan Bennett? The Alan Bennett or a Alan Bennett? I knew they were pals, but still... Christ!

By the way, apparently some bloke called McCartney's at Glasto too, but he's done nothing in comparison to Morrissey, has he...?

european son

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"
By the way, apparently some bloke called McCartney's at Glasto too, but he's done nothing in comparison to Morrissey, has he...?

well, one of them had a brilliant solo career after they left their famous band, and the other one was in the Beatles.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: "european son"
Quote from: "Jemble Fred"

well, one of them had a brilliant solo career after they left their famous band, and the other one was in the Beatles.

No. Just simply no.

Peking O

At least Morrissey never plummeted to the depths of 'The Frog Song' or whatever it was called.  If Macca did that at Glastonbury I'd at least consider watching it on TV.

Jemble Fred

Cor - The Frog Song, eh? That's a really original thing to pick on out of a 40 fucking year career. Paul McCartney has done some real shit projects in his time, but that song wasn't necessarily one of them.

Peking O

If you'd like to recommend some solo McCartney that you rate I'll happily give it a listen.

Jemble Fred

Well apart from hits 1970-1990 like Maybe I'm Amazed, Live and Let Die, Let Me Roll It, Jet, Band on the Run, Pipes of Peace, Here Today, Once Upon A Long Ago, My Love, My Brave Face, No More Lonely Nights...

His last two albums, (since the Anthology project reminded him of his sixties heights) Flaming Pie and Driving Rain, are as good as and often more innovative than as any recent releases from young bands.

Driving Rain came out last year I believe, and it's fantastic... as long as you jump up and turn it off before the hidden track 'Freedom' kicks in at the end. I'm not above criticising Macca – Freedom was revolting and shite, as is stuff like Let Em In, 1985 and loads of other songs. But to rate McCartney on the basis of 'that Rupert thing were crap' is worse than saying 'that Morrissey bloke? He's the greaser who chucks flowers around, inne?'

Rats

Didn't he do some psychadelic rock/dance album under a pseudonym that's supposed to be total class? I can't remember where I read that or if it's true.

Jemble Fred

Yeah, The Fireman. I never heard it, though. The Liverpool Sound Collage album he did with Peter Blake and the Super Furry Animals is interesting, though.

MonkeyDrummer

if this is going to descend into a Moz V Macca debate, I'm not getting involved. Both have produced some brilliant work in their respective solo careers and livewise, both have produced absolute drivel. Personally, I'm near bursting with excitement at seeing them both but I'm thinking Macca more. The thought of Hey Jude washing accross thousands of people singing along near brings me to tears.