Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:09:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"The air attack warning sounds like. This is the sound"

Started by Part Chimp, October 09, 2006, 04:33:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hypnotoad.

Quote from: "Circusfire"
Quote from: "Homer J"I wouldnt worry about it, the furthest they can get is the US West Coast, and the world could benefit from a few less yanks

Oh fuck off you stupid cunt.

But what do you really mean?

DistantAngel

I'd say this will probably throw a spanner in the works regarding the US plans for Iran.  I mean, I seriously doubt whether the American public would support an invasion of Iran for weapons they "may one day possess", when North Korea clearly possesses them already.

And since American foreign policy dictates that, although they may be stupid, they're not actually stupid enough to invade somewhere that HAS nuclear weapons (see Iraq), and so I don't think they'd risk going for regime change in North Korea when they've nothing to gain.  They may have a bomb, but from what I understand they're a good long way from delivering it in such a way that the US would feel threatened, and the US still has the largest arsenal on the planet, and has proven on two occasions that they're prepared to target civilian areas.

It's what irks me about this whole, "Ooh, so-and-so's getting WMDs so they can threaten us or their neighbours" - it assumes that those nation's leaders are total retards.  Ahmedinjad is not stupid, not by a long shot (although I'm not sure about Kim Jong Il - he's definitely a bit mental).  He, and most of the world, know that however many bombs you have, America's got you beat by a factor of about 10,000 to 1.  You so much as hover over the button, and you're going to get wiped off the map.  And they're not about to give them to terrorists, either, because that would be like taking those petrol bombs you made but can't use because the police will nick you, and giving them to your local neighbourhood crack house ... just because you supplied them, doesn't mean you're not going to get the thrown back at you.

I don't know whether I'm terribly worried about North Korea right now ... I figure Iran is the greater worry.   With both the Russians and the Chinese having some expensive deals going on with the Iranians, if the US goes for it, they'll that lot to deal with, and that won't be pretty.

samadriel

Quote from: "Homer J"
Quote from: "Circusfire"
Quote from: "Homer J"I wouldnt worry about it, the furthest they can get is the US West Coast, and the world could benefit from a few less yanks

Oh fuck off you stupid cunt.

But what do you really mean?

It's 'fewer Yanks', you stupid cunt.

Brutus Beefcake

Alberon

North Korea is broke, and has been for many years. There are persistant and apparently credible allegations that it is involved in counterfeiting and drugs in a big way.There is always the threat that they'd sell one nuke on.

The American response will not be to invade or bomb. What they might well do however is stop and search every sea vessel leaving North Korean waters.