Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:11:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New Wrestling Pay Window

Started by TOCMFIC, October 10, 2006, 07:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiteface

0-10, with his loss to Michael Tarver last night.  Yet when you watch the video packages of the "pros" talking about him, most of them put him over strong apart from Miz.  And it's not like this is an active attempt as burying the guy, as far as I know, WWE likes him.  Which makes the losing streak all the more mystifying.

weekender

Daniel's* first performance on NXT was stunning, in a kind of 'Why are you being wasted in this way?' scenario.  It reminded my of those guys who did slow wrestling for a laugh:

CHIKARA: Olsen Twins & NSE in Slow Motion

You've got to really work hard to make a soda last nearly a minute, even if you don't like it, so well done Daniel Bryan.

*For those of you interested in grammar, if Daniels from TNA and Daniel Bryan ever had a fight, and you were referring to Bryan Danielson as 'Daniel' and 'Daniels' as 'Daniels', you would refer to 'Daniel's performance' and 'Daniels's performance' to distinguish the two, because the apostrophe denotes possession.

weekender

Has anyone mentioned the possibility of Bryan taking the US Champion title off the Miz at Summerslam (or other PPV event) yet?  That's the angle I'd go down, gets Bryan a potentially last-moment title shot and cements his place in the company with a long-term contract despite his 0-XX record.

Frees up Miz to have feuds with other talent, both of them come out of it looking well, where's the problem?

Sorry if someone's already mentioned this.

Spiteface

From this week's Wrestling Observer regarding the plans for NXT:

QuoteThe current plan for NXT is still for Daniel Bryan to win and face Miz   for the U.S. title on the first PPV after they finish the season.  If   minds change and someone other than Bryan wins, the idea right now as a   backup, would be for the wrestler and his pro (and realistically, the   only other ones I see as having a chance to win would be Barrett or   Slater), to then challenge for the tag title.  The original plan was for   this season to end on 6/8, then start with a new cast in a second   season of 6/15.  That season would probably have to end  at the end of   September, since the show will at least end on Syfy at that point.

rjd2

Smackdown was solid the other night. The 2 IC matches were really good, Ziggler is awesome isn't he? His selling is epic and it's a testament to the dude's ability that he managed to get the sleeper over  as a finisher. I assume Drew is been given time off for his honeymoon with Tiffany? Interesting to see what happens once he comes back. I know Vince loves him but I still think he would get lost on the really stacked Raw.

The Rey promo was good stuff as well, planted the seeds for the implosion of the SES. Is their any word on, who the masked man is? I assume its Mercury, but their has been rumours it's some FCW dude. In an ideal world it would be Kaval though!

Oh and the diva's tag match reminds me not that I need reminding, Layla is so above the likes of Maryse and everyone really when it comes to eye candy. She's fucking stunning isn't she?

Spiteface

Quote from: rjd2 on May 08, 2010, 10:22:37 PM
Smackdown was solid the other night. The 2 IC matches were really good, Ziggler is awesome isn't he? His selling is epic and it's a testament to the dude's ability that he managed to get the sleeper over  as a finisher. I assume Drew is been given time off for his honeymoon with Tiffany? Interesting to see what happens once he comes back. I know Vince loves him but I still think he would get lost on the really stacked Raw.

The Rey promo was good stuff as well, planted the seeds for the implosion of the SES. Is their any word on, who the masked man is? I assume its Mercury, but their has been rumours it's some FCW dude. In an ideal world it would be Kaval though!

Oh and the diva's tag match reminds me not that I need reminding, Layla is so above the likes of Maryse and everyone really when it comes to eye candy. She's fucking stunning isn't she?

Yeah, shame her team with Vickie & McCool is X-Pac heat though.

It's a shame Ziggler's not progressed up the card more than he has, he really should have beaten Rey for the IC belt last year.  Odd that they've gone with a face vs face match for next week's IC title match. I'd be totally fine with Christian as IC champ at this point.

Everything I've heard says the masked man is Mercury.  It makes sense given the guy's real-life issues with drugs.  If you have Punk introduce him in the same way he did Luke Gallows, as someone with a past in WWE that he saved, it can work.

I'd love to see Kaval on Smackdown soon.  NXT is up in the air right now, but I'd heard people talk about basing a second season around Kaval.  The other idea for him I'd read was to bring him up under a mask and feud with Rey.  I'd like to see that.

When are they gonna let Serena wrestle?  It's not like Smackdown has a stacked Divas division right now.  Maybe when the SES breaks up she can grow her hair back and start having matches.

Ja'moke

I don't want the SES to break up any time soon, I think they are too over as a heel group right now and there is no reason to start messing with that. I think allowing Serena to wrestle would be a smart move though, like I said before, I'd love to see Serena with the Womens title, Gallows and Mecury with the Tag Titles, and Punk with the World title. It's been a while since a heel faction had all the belts.

Spiteface

Yeah, Smackdown should be based around the SES at this point.  At last until the autumn when WWE is most likely going to load up Smackdown ready for the big move to Syfy,

Interestingly, I've been reading reports from a recent house show in Mexico, and the Hary Dynasty were defending the tag titles against Edge and Chris Jericho. Maybe they plan to give that tag team another go soon.  They had so much potential as a team until Edge's injury cut it short last year, and he has turned Heel again...

Spiteface

Raw last night...

William Regal rapping was fun, he's vastly under utilized right now.  Amazing to think a couple of years ago he was set for a massive push.

Did my eyes deceive me or did Daniel Bryan actually score the winning pin in that handicap match?  Hopefully they've figured things out now.

on a related note, Bret vs Miz, on free TV next week?  I smell an angle.