Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:20:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

----------------------

Started by sore bottom mum, February 03, 2004, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are poll's a waste of time?

Yes
2 (18.2%)
No, they give me deep insight in to human nature
9 (81.8%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 03, 2004, 10:58:21 PM

Purple Tentacle

No, but misplaced apostrophes make my blood boil.

sore bottom mum

I'am sorry bout that, Its a failing of my'ne.
I'm actually not funny

Neil

What a great idea for a thread!  Wow!!

morgs

I can cope with misplaced apostrophes... It's the use of 'less' when one means 'fewer' that kills me.....

Bogey

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"No, but misplaced apostrophes make my blood boil.

Seconded.

Criticism of spelling/grammar/punctuation on here seems to be a bit of a faux-pas though, which seems a mite incongruous if you ask me.

Don't let them get away with it!

Purple Tentacle

I fucking hate it when it's down to two people of The Weakest Link, and Anne Robinson fails to use the correct expression "The Weaker Link".

Bogey

Quote from: "morgs"I can cope with misplaced apostrophes... It's the use of 'less' when one means 'fewer' that kills me.....

Especially on printed signs in supermarkets.
Fucking. Morons.

Bogey

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"I fucking hate it when it's down to two people of The Weakest Link, and Anne Robinson fails to use the correct expression "The Weaker Link".

I turned on the TV just before six this evening, and the first thing I heard, from Robinson was: "The correct answer is: Fascism". Priceless.

But to return to the correctitude thingy, it's all well and good going on about how it doesn't matter, how it's overly pedantic, how you should be worrying about fucking poverty or something instead, but the thing is, GETTING IT WRONG MAKES YOU LOOK STUPID.
It really does.

sore bottom mum

Jet Set Willy

In clarification of what I said in the other thread, you shouldn't start a new thread for any old shit that you haven't thought about and are unwilling to write a decent post about. Posting a lazy response in an already existing thread is fine as long as you don't go over the top, but I would imagine that if you start any new amazingly lazy and uninspired threads like this you will be labelled a troll, which is someone who is deliberately wasting everyone's time, and people will never take you seriously when you want to talk about something you are interested in. Your poor use of English in the very title of the thread just goes to show doesn't it.  Don't start any more threads until you have some sort of justification. If you do start another crap one now or tomorrow, basically everyone will think you're an absolute knobcheese and you ARE a troll.

I'm sure everyone's first few posts are a bit crap until it's been made clear that a new thread has to be justified, so please just make sure you know what you're doing. Go on,post in other people's threads, you'll find it fun and you'll get the jist of things.

sore bottom mum

Purple Tentacle

To be fair to the lad the first few threads I ever posted were absolute garbage and got no replies..... or less.

But yes, posting in other people's threads is definitely a very good idea before braving one of your own. I hasten to add that I'd be perfectly willing to accept dekionplexis' existance if he ever ever ever bothered to reply in anybody else's posts.

TOCMFIC

Quote from: "Jet Set Willy"In clarification of what I said in the other thread, you shouldn't start a new thread for any old shit that you haven't thought about and are unwilling to write a decent post about. Posting a lazy response in an already existing thread is fine as long as you don't go over the top, but I would imagine that if you start any new amazingly lazy and uninspired threads like this you will be labelled a troll, which is someone who is deliberately wasting everyone's time, and people will never take you seriously when you want to talk about something you are interested in. Your poor use of English in the very title of the thread just goes to show doesn't it.  Don't start any more threads until you have some sort of justification. If you do start another crap one now or tomorrow, basically everyone will think you're an absolute knobcheese and you ARE a troll.

I'm sure everyone's first few posts are a bit crap until it's been made clear that a new thread has to be justified, so please just make sure you know what you're doing. Go on,post in other people's threads, you'll find it fun and you'll get the jist of things.

bOLLOCKS.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "sore bottom mum"You patronizing s*****c

I take it back. Pratt.

Bogey

That sounded neither patronising, nor spasticated to me, it sounded like a good telling off.

The topic may have been crap, but it was nice to have the opportunity to spleen about people's illiteracy. I'd like to have started a thread about that myself but I didn't want people to hate me.

Jet Set Willy

I'm waiting to see a new thread called "Jet Set Willy's are Patronising s*****c's"

Neil

"sore bottom mum" is a troll, also posting as "The white van gogh."  Please ignore it.

sore bottom mum

If i was more adult i'm sure i would take this discussion board more seriously. I'm sincerely sorry

Bogey

Oh bollocks, that means I'm not allowed to respond to that bait, doesn't it?

*bites tongue, hard*