Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:23:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Too old to rock 'n roll, too young to die

Started by Reverend Minge, March 17, 2004, 09:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reverend Minge

I've always wondered what pop/rock stars who've had a brief place in the sun do after they return to obscurity.

The answer seems obvious, doesn't it - play the couple of hits you had to death in the pubs and clubs until you're eventually forgotten, but that doesn't always seem to be the case.

Take Steve Harley for instance. He had a few hits with Cockney Rebel in the 70s and then faded from public view. Twenty years later he takes over from Michael Crawford as the phantom in the musical "Phantom Of The Opera". What the fuck had he been doing meanwhile? Things like that fascinate me, but then I am a rather dull fucker.

Any tales out there of ex-rockers and what they're up to these days? The sadder the better....

butnut

In an interesting career move, Jeff Buckley has opened a butcher's near me.

Apparently once upon a time, way back in 6-teas, there was a band from Blackburn called the Five Pennies who had a number one with a song (no, I don't know what song, but they definetly had a song and it got to number one).

Anyway - success was a fleeting thing for this band and they moved on and out of the music biz like they would pass through a night bus home: something they appreciated for what it was when they were drunk and someway from home but not something they would care to experience too often. Except for one of them who continued to plough his musical wares in any way he could.

One of those was busking. The sad thing was that when people would come across him busking and recognised who he is and what he was, they would respond by throwing into his hat (or whatever the fuck it was he collected his money in) five pennies.

Mr Flunchy

Quote from: "butnut"In an interesting career move, Jeff Buckley has opened a butcher's near me.

It'd be a waste if the owner should cash in on that name:

Last Baconfry
So Veal
Lilac Rind
Corpse of Chicken Carol
Eternal Beef

easytarget

this thread has the same title as this horrible/excellent article about a roadie
http://www.laweekly.com/ink/04/16/features-beato.php