Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,343
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:54:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Polish a turd

Started by zozman, October 15, 2006, 11:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozman

In the spirit of UYA renaissance, anyone up for a bash at this?  It probably needs some tweaking, but we can give it a blast and maybe add one or two rules as we go on.  The speed that the sentence game happened, this should be finished by midnight.

Basically:

QuoteWhat about a game I've just invented in my head? I've even got a name for it - "Polish a Turd". Basically someone starts with one rubbish image, say of a peanut. They then pass it to the next person in a chain who has to do one thing to improve the image - for example, by giving the peanut a lovely little moustache. The last image should be tip-top (although it may well not be).

Purple Tentacle

Sign me up, Art Nazis.

imitationleather

I'm there like E=mc².

Are we going to do it in the order people signed up, or will we randomise the names once everyone's said they're in?

I too would like to polish a turd.

Deadman97

I'll buff up a brownie.

Suttonpubcrawl

Marv Orange

Why not just have a free for all post the starter image in here and let the chaos commence. Althougth UYA is pretty sleepy i doubt there will be much chaos.

Fuck rules and signing up you SUIT!

zozman

Just do as you're told, you FUCK.

imitationleather

Quote from: "Marv Orange"Fuck rules and signing up you SUIT!

You have been declared unmutual.

And also that's a shit idea. So ner!

untitled_london

i'll have a bash, but can i be late in the queue. i'm flying back to toyland on tuesday - is why i ask, not because i have ace skills)

sproggy

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "untitled_london"i'll have a bash, but can i be late in the queue. i'm flying back to toyland on tuesday - is why i ask, not because i have ace skills)

I am sure the art Führer will permit a place near the back, but we will not be waiting long. The new Up Your Arts people are not a patient people.

butnut

Go on then.

EDIT - ooh ooh. I'm away for most of Wed/Turdsay, so the art Nazis may have to strike me out.

fanny splendid

Wax on, pinch off, yes please.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Is this thread limited to Photoshop maestros only? Because I don't own or know how to use Photoshop and am limited to cack handed MSpaint shitstorms. Are people allowed to pitch in with such limited resources? I mean my contribution will probably be to just draw a big pink cock on whatever the picture is of.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

That sounds fun. I'm in.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Al Tha Funkee Homosapien"Is this thread limited to Photoshop maestros only? Because I don't own or know how to use Photoshop and am limited to cack handed MSpaint shitstorms. Are people allowed to pitch in with such limited resources? I mean my contribution will probably be to just draw a big pink cock on whatever the picture is of.

I imagine it's exactly the same as the sentence game, MSPaint stuff is absolutely fine, although the Photoshop Gestapo Jackass Lamers might laugh up their sleeves, before dabbing their cruel lips with swastika embroided hankerchiefs.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Purple Tentacle has confirmed that people with limited Photoshop skills are allowed to join in, but has suggest that they may be laughed at and ridiculed. What will Al think?

I'm in.

Flook

yeah me too - lets caress the dessicaed husk that used to be the heart of this forum back into some kind of life. Obviously laughing uncontrollably at the photoshopilly-challenged as we go...

Suttonpubcrawl

Quote from: "Al Tha Funkee Homosapien"Purple Tentacle has confirmed that people with limited Photoshop skills are allowed to join in, but has suggest that they may be laughed at and ridiculed. What will Al think?

I'm in.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien has declared himself in, but how will other competitors who lack confidence in their photoshop skills react? Remember that under the rules of Up Your Arts, Purple Tentacle is allowed to criticise them as harshly as he desires.

Suttonpubcrawl

It's just occurred to me that the starter image should be fairly large so as to give everyone plenty of room to work without having to go over the top of things that other people have done. Obviously that's not to say that people shouldn't edit the image in any way that would affect what other people have already done, just to say that if it's a bit too small then we might have a situation where later edits would obliterate earlier edits completely because there would be too little room on the canvas and it wouldn't so much progress gradually as change completely. What would be a good resolution? 800x600?

I think this is going to be rather good.

imitationleather

When should we get going? I suggest Wednesday.

hornshang

I would like to participate please.

imitationleather

So Shoulders with funny eyes will be making an appearance at some point then.

hornshang

I am very insulted that you think I have such a limited artistic repertoire.

Koant

ahhh ok then, I'm in as well. I've never used photoshop before so I might as well use the opportunity.
On a more technical note, I'll actually be using Gimp.

Purple Tentacle

Part of me wants to start on Thursday, just so we can call it 'Turdsday', but Wednesday is probably best.

sproggy

It's not actually going to be a picture of a jobbie is it?

That wouldn't be very nice.

butnut

If it's taking place on Wed/Turds then I'mmmmmmm OUT [/kramer]

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "butnut"If it's taking place on Wed/Turds then I'mmmmmmm OUT [/kramer]

What if it goes on to Friday? (Shiiiiii-teday)