Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:52:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Polls and "humourous options"

Started by Mister Cairo, October 20, 2006, 12:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Cairo

It does make a poll less useful when people add humourous options such as "on the toilet". A simple yes/no or the options listed in the question will surely suffice.

e.g.

Which Tory candidate would you vote for

David Cameron
David Davies
Liam Fox
Malcom Rifkind
My Arse- pointless, skewes results.
Ken Clarke

I don't see how it skews the options, it's not like we're taking an official census on behalf of the government. "My Arse" is for everyone not interested in voting but who want to take part anyway. Inclusiveness.

imitationleather

Quote from: "DevlinC""My Arse" is for everyone

Yours might be but mine certainly is not!

untitled_london

i like the "alternative" "edgy" options. they make me feel like i'm ahead of the curve, on the bleeding edge of satire. they allow me to express that i do not care about such trivialities as whatever is being polled.

as such, even though i'm above taking part in whatever trivialty is taking place, i like to express this by actually taking part dismissively.

Tits McGee

Quote"My Arse" is for everyone not interested in voting but who want to take part anyway. Inclusiveness.

the plebs lol

*agrees with thread starter*

The Duck Man

I prefer straight options on polls, I have to say.

But it's only because I have a bit of statistician in me.

untitled_london

Quote from: "The Duck Man"I prefer straight options on polls, I have to say.

But it's only because I have a bit of statistician in me.

i hope you're getting a reacharound, otherwise you're only getting .3 of the pleasure that you could be. (based on a standardised index of course)

weak i know, but its late.