Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:46:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Let's give the Guardian a hand

Started by Flook, October 20, 2006, 11:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flook

I'm sure some of you will have seen in recent weeks, The Guardian and I think the Indy, have been giving away posters each day as part of the paper.

To start with these were both informative and really quite fascinating; Tideline Creatures, Nocturnal Mammals, deciduous trees of the British Isles, Constellations of the Northern Hemisphere, to name but a few.

Lately however, it seems the staff at the Grauniad are beginning to run out of ideas. Off the top of my head, this weeks posters have included Salad Greens, Apples and Varieties of Cheese. Seems to me that some fresh ideas are needed to help get the subs at Guardian HQ back up to the levels of quality they were hitting a month or so ago.

So where better than the freshly refertilized grounds of UYA to look for inspiration. I know for a fact Emily Bell reads these forums* so this is also your chance to make your own personal mark on tomorrows chip wrappers today.  

This poster lark can't be that hard anyway, can it?

*Actually that's a lie

butnut

This looks like a great idea! Come on whores - get to work.

This is my first ever Photoshop attempt. Apologies all round.

Mister Cairo

It really is bizarre how the Independent can preach so much about conserving resources yet waste paper by churning out a wallchart on MEAT.

They could just send them to local schools, although I have seen a newsroom with one up

Koant

untitled_london

Quote from: "The Boston Crab"(picture)

This is my first ever Photoshop attempt. Apologies all round.

no apologies needed, i enjoyed that.

tx u

Marvin

Apologies in advance, my copy of Photoshop has gone awol so I did this in Paint and it's rather lazy:

BagJob