Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:23:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mick Jones a surprise guest at the Astoria last night.

Started by jimbobsyouruncle, March 17, 2004, 04:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey, nice surprise at the Astoria last night. Was at a Rock against Racism kinda thing. Felt a little like I'd fallen into a timehole cause everyone was wearing those green german army jackets  (or official Social Worker uniforms, whatever you want to call them) and between each act there were calls to arms from union workers and Anti-Nazi League people... all worthwhile causes but somehow it doesnt feel right unless Thatcher's still running the country y'know.

Anyways, was a good night  (Miss Black America, 80's matchbox b-hive diaster, Buzzcocks and the Libertines) but at the end on came Mick Jones to accompany the Libertines on "Time for Hero's" and then launch into "Should I Stay of Should I Go"

Almost brought a tear to the eye.  Also helped to highlight just how crap the Libertines had been... but maybe thats just me.

Anyway to turn this into a forum like subject, who's the best 'surprise' guest you've seen at a gig.

european son

saw Bez dancing with New Order at Ally Pally, which was nice.

Badly Drawn Boy as a suprise three-track opener for the Flaming Lips at the manc academy, and i've looked for a boot of that gig (my best ever) to no avail.

also Bobby G with New Order at Brixton for Rock The Shack, unless my memory's playing tricks on me.

oh, and Johnny Squire soloing over Champagne Supernova at Knebworth, which was nice. Noel looked suitably awestruck.

Quote from: "jimbobsyouruncle"Anyway to turn this into a forum like subject, who's the best 'surprise' guest you've seen at a gig.

My mate's band were once joined on stage by a bloke out of The Drifters.  Sadly I wasn't there for that gig.

The worst one was the appearance of Kelly Jones when I saw Paul Weller at Hyde Park.  I'd predicted it as well, and was disgusted when I realised I was correct.

I also once saw Hot Chocolate without Errol Brown, which seems a bit pointless.  It was free though, so what can you say?

Peking O

Once saw the Bad Seeds welcome Roland S. Howard on stage. Mick Harvey got behind the kit and they bashed out three or four Birthday Party songs. Shane McGowan also dueted with Cave at the show as well.