Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:20:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cards Etiquette

Started by Eight Taiwanese Teenagers, October 25, 2006, 10:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Dearest Aubrey,

Whilst partaking in a friendly (if such a thing exists!) game of whist, at what point does traditional sportsmanship turn into outright cheating, when it comes to hinting to your partner as to what cards they should play for your mutual benefit? (I know very little about the game of Bridge but I believe a similar situation is also possible thence?)

It is an issue that has bothered me for a long time, but I have not dared to mention it around these parts for fear of mockery. But, thanks be, you have arrived. Please help, this has caused many a sleepless night!

Yours,

Alex

Aubrey Barkus

Quote from: "Eight Taiwanese Teenagers"Dearest Aubrey,

Whilst partaking in a friendly (if such a thing exists!) game of whist, at what point does traditional sportsmanship turn into outright cheating, when it comes to hinting to your partner as to what cards they should play for your mutual benefit? (I know very little about the game of Bridge but I believe a similar situation is also possible thence?)

It is an issue that has bothered me for a long time, but I have not dared to mention it around these parts for fear of mockery. But, thanks be, you have arrived. Please help, this has caused many a sleepless night!

Yours,

Alex

Dear Alex, how I remember the photo of your baby face covered in mucky smuts after your tube ordeal.  You poor lad!

I would have said that my best strategy for any card game has always been to make sure my opponent is seated in a particular place while my compatriot views the opponent's cards from a distance using binoculars and lets me know, using a radio earpiece.  But I think that was a James Bond film rather than reality.  Plus ca change!

I'd like to cover your face in muck.