Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:29:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm having a bit of trouble with... erm... the ladies...

Started by gazzyk1ns, October 25, 2006, 10:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gazzyk1ns

Whenever I approach a woman and politely ask her if she might like to go for a drink with me at some point, the same thing always happens. They sort of freeze and then stammer out a really vague excuse; the reaction is much like the one I got from my mum that time I asked her if she'd like me to tidy out her bottom bedside drawer for her. I don't know why she didn't accept the offer, by the way, the night before I'd heard her tell my dad that there was "a right old mess in there".

Anyway, that aside, I was hoping to hear some of the techniques you use whilst trying to woo females. How should I approach them? What should I wear? I imagine a gentleman as refined as yourself might involve a cane in his get-up, could this work for a lesser man like me?

Aubrey Barkus

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"Whenever I approach a woman and politely ask her if she might like to go for a drink with me at some point, the same thing always happens. They sort of freeze and then stammer out a really vague excuse; the reaction is much like the one I got from my mum that time I asked her if she'd like me to tidy out her bottom bedside drawer for her. I don't know why she didn't accept the offer, by the way, the night before I'd heard her tell my dad that there was "a right old mess in there".

Anyway, that aside, I was hoping to hear some of the techniques you use whilst trying to woo females. How should I approach them? What should I wear? I imagine a gentleman as refined as yourself might involve a cane in his get-up, could this work for a lesser man like me?

I used to have the same reaction from potential 'dates.'  Eventually a kind friend took me to one side and gave me a friendly word of advice.  "Aubrey," she said, "it's probably because of your rank, overpowering personal stench." Could this be the same for you?

Regardless of that, these days I have a test.  If they can outrun the stair lift they'll probably be too demanding in other 'departments.'   So I just make my excuses and insist they leave.