Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:56:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Elves

Started by zozman, October 26, 2006, 02:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozman

I've recently discovered that "Aubrey" derives from the Germanic term for a ruler of elves.  How many elves do you have under your command, and could you get them to clean my kitchen?

Aubrey Barkus

Quote from: "zozman"I've recently discovered that "Aubrey" derives from the Germanic term for a ruler of elves.  How many elves do you have under your command, and could you get them to clean my kitchen?

Excellent scholarship young "zozman"!  Indeed 'Aubrey' is linked to elves and has the variant "Oberon" which I'm sure you'll all know is the name of the King of the Fairies in "A Midsummer Night's Dream."  When I was with the New Shakespeare Company we'd always be putting on productions of the play, at the Open Air Theatre in Regent's park, as often as not in the fucking pissing rain!  (sorry!)  
The play is, of course, a classic but I'm afraid to say there are only so many times one can watch an actor pretending to be a wall by peering through his fingers before ennui really starts to take a savage grip on one's faculties.  That was the summer that I found myself taking a stern nip of brandy every time the 'audience' laughed at the rude mechanicals' idiotic grunting and prat falls.
I know it was wrong to shout "It's a donkey you daft bitch" at Titania.  Very wrong.  
Generously they gave me a few months leave on half pay and I filled my time with elves of my own (steady!  nothing saucy here!) helping out with the local cub and brownie packs, inviting them to my flat for 'after hours' instruction.
I could of course see that had to stop after one of them lost an arm.  Of course I could.

Re: your kitchen: Mr Muscle?