Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:26:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bridesmaid dress/ makeup confusion.

Started by TraceyQ, October 27, 2006, 08:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TraceyQ

Dear Aubrey.

I am bridesmaid for my sister a week today, and while I am thrilled to be considered any sort of "maid" due to my advancing years, I have a bit of a problem  regaring the colour of eyeshadow I should wear with my gold-coloured dress on the big day. I was thinking a gold tinted green to bring out my eyes with layers of (waterproof - I always cry at weddings) mascara, a dab of bronzer on my cheeks and decolletage and a pale, almost nude lip.

If you could help me on this I would be very grateful.

Please dont make me look shit just for a laugh with your mates when I post a picture on Myspace.

Love,

Tracey.
x

Aubrey Barkus

Quote from: "TraceyQ"Dear Aubrey.

I am bridesmaid for my sister a week today, and while I am thrilled to be considered any sort of "maid" due to my advancing years, I have a bit of a problem  regaring the colour of eyeshadow I should wear with my gold-coloured dress on the big day. I was thinking a gold tinted green to bring out my eyes with layers of (waterproof - I always cry at weddings) mascara, a dab of bronzer on my cheeks and decolletage and a pale, almost nude lip.

If you could help me on this I would be very grateful.

Please dont make me look shit just for a laugh with your mates when I post a picture on Myspace.

Love,

Tracey.
x

Gold?  Bronzer?!  Are you from the first 'incarnation' of Star Trek?  Are you the one Kirk would fall for and have to fight some runty cunt with antlers for the honour of kissing?
Sorry.

But I do like the words "nude" and "decolletage" very much indeed.  They conjure up a vision of a Hardy-esque maiden at the side of a woodland pool, maybe dipping her toe into the mill pond calm surface and watching the concentric ripples moving ever outwards until they fade and die in the rushes.  A frown passes fleetingly across her face like a wisp of cloud crossing the Sun, its passing serving only to emphasise the beauty of the full glare of perfection when it returns.  But why the frown?  Shit, because she's heard me in the bush!  
I rush her before she can scream.  I know she won't have me, her sort never will, so there is only one remedy.  There is only ever one remedy.  As I draw back the hefty branch preparing for the fatal swing I hear myself calling this beauty's name!  
Except it is not her name; I am crying out "Mother!  Mother!"
...I wake in a cold sweat, pillow half stuck to my brow.  
I find something unfortunate in my pyjama trousers.

Hope you enjoy the wedding!