Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:17:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

entering your world

Started by fakerandomdude, October 31, 2006, 08:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Aubrey,

As a man of who has trodden the boards I wonder if you might be able to help me in my quest to get my play performed. It is an experimental work which is set an internet café and is all about a made-for-each other couple who fail to meet because they are distracted by on-line japes. It is full of ALIENATION effects and similar theatrical devices that I learnt about in a class. They are used in a subtle and understated fashion. Do you have any advice for someone not from a theatrical background, lacking social grace, but who nonetheless thinks the world would benefit from exposure to his vision. How would I best penetrate your world, basically?

Fulsome Thanks in Advance

Some Fake Random Dude

Aubrey Barkus

Quote from: "fakerandomdude"Aubrey,

As a man of who has trodden the boards I wonder if you might be able to help me in my quest to get my play performed. It is an experimental work which is set an internet café and is all about a made-for-each other couple who fail to meet because they are distracted by on-line japes. It is full of ALIENATION effects and similar theatrical devices that I learnt about in a class. They are used in a subtle and understated fashion. Do you have any advice for someone not from a theatrical background, lacking social grace, but who nonetheless thinks the world would benefit from exposure to his vision. How would I best penetrate your world, basically?

Fulsome Thanks in Advance

Some Fake Random Dude

Mr Patel here again.  I now discover from another of his posts that Mr Barkus had concealed a bottle of whiskey in his toilet cistern.  I also see that since I was here last he has also burnt almost all of his furniture and, oddly, some of mine which I had not noticed was missing.  How he got it I have no idea.
He has insisted on replying to your message, but sadly I am having difficulty undestanding him between the bouts of vomiting and attempts to climb out of the window.  It seems... oh.  I will transcribe this as he is most insistent, but I would rather not.  Still.
"You can stuff your play up your weepy (?) Jap's eye, you dopey fuckwit fuck shit shitter."

I think I may leave now and hope that Mr Barkus finds some sort of happiness.  If any of you think yourself his friend I would implore you to compel him to seek treatment.  
I must go now.