Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,475
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:53:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm going to be a mummy again!

Started by Abbie, March 18, 2004, 09:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reverend Minge

Quote from: "Almost Yearly"Boxer / Border Terrier. She thinks she's a Staff though, or used to, before she went head to head with a real Staffy bitch who'd come to the party in the same dress. Nasty business, driving round Bristol on a hot Sunday morning on acid, looking for a vet and hoping it didn't turn out to be Trude and a BBC crew.

Oh, you don't fuck with Staffie's if you've got four legs. A Jack Russell Terrier went for my Merlin and it was ferocious. Merlin had the terrier by the neck and was shaking him. I managed  to hoof Merlin off him (he'd slipped out of his collar in the excitement) and he immediately calmed down, waiting for me to put his collar back on. The Jack Russell? Despite his hiding he came straight back for more and wouldn't have stopped till he was dead. Must be  a relative of Joe Pesci or something.

Boxer/Border Terrier? What a great combination Almost Yearly

Almost Yearly

Yeah, hopefully the terrier part will add some longevity to the boxer part. She's 8 now, acting 2. When she finally goes I know I'll be much sadder than when my mum died. Odd, huh? Well maybe not - after all, she's a dependent. She's in no way been usurped by the arrival of our baby. In fact for the first few weeks we sheepishly admitted to each other that we preferred the dog.

The vet, a surreal kindly oldschool gentleman in tweed and bow tie, gave her two downers and me four. Said he always offered them to dog fight witnesses. (Witness? I was right in there extracting them from each other. Teeth and blood and LSD.) The downers were homeopathic, but they sure as fuck worked, which changed my opinion on that particular subject.

Isn't it about time one of the board's dog haters contributed? I'm so missing my mate Vermschneid Mehearties.

mook

Quote from: "Almost Yearly"
The vet, a surreal kindly oldschool gentleman in tweed and bow tie, gave her two downers and me four. Said he always offered them to dog fight witnesses. (Witness? I was right in there extracting them from each other. Teeth and blood and LSD.) The downers were homeopathic, but they sure as fuck worked, which changed my opinion on that particular subject.

heh...The last time I had to take the dog to the vet an old lady in front of me was getting Diazepam for her cat! Fuck sakes the bloody things sleep 99% of the time anyway.

Christ alone knows why I felt the need to tell anybody that but there ya go. In my defence I have got a shitting hangover and a spot on my cheek (upper right) about the same size as on of Jenna Jamesons nipples.

tony peanuts

Ugh, not this again.  Haven't you people realised yet that cats are way better than dogs.  Just look at these 4 born-again lovelies forming the sign of the cross:

Having said that, even I have to agree that Columbo is a fantastic name for a dog.

Frinky

I'm getting a cat soon, and calling it Townshend. Seems like a good name for a cat.

wu be eel

my boyfriend wants a dog. seeing as im about to move in with him and dogs generally smell, i cant say im impressed. but the liddle pups on here are incredibly cute!

Thats my  TOSH. ( almost asking for a cock mong :S  ) Hes old and knackered, worsened by a recent house move which has turned him into a clingy retard who never goes out anymore. quite depressing but still lovely and hairy.

EFB

How about Seven? Its got cachet! Its got cachet up the yin-ying!

smoker

wu be eel, i'm sure the rspca would be interested to see that pic of you stretching your cat's lips like that. i hope you didn't release them from that distance as well.

mook

You can't wander about the park shouting "Seven " out. You'd get followed about by kids hollering "eight, nine, ten" back at yer.

Call the dog Scrote.

Reverend Minge

Quote from: "mook"You can't wander about the park shouting "Seven " out. You'd get followed about by kids hollering "eight, nine, ten" back at yer.
Ha ha.

Call the doggy "Hello" or "Help" for similar park-shouting hilarity.

cptwhite

I can't beleive no-one else found this picture amusing

Need I point out why?

A prime candidate for Viz's Up The Arse Corner if ever I saw one.

Abbie, you could follow your Rosco thoughts and name your dog Flash, after R.P. Coltrane's pooch.  Then again called it Flash might remind you of Karl Howman and make you want to repeatedly kick his smug fucking face off.  Has Howman done any other job since Brush Strokes other than advertising kitchen and bathroom cleaner?

Cerys

Call him Wensleydale.  You know it makes sense.

hands cold, liver warm

Baby dogs are lovely aren't they. A hairy bundle of joy.

Unless its an evil dog. Try to avoid those. Jackels and coyotes are examples of bad dogs. However appearances can be deceptive. African wild dogs have the demented look of a devil dog but they are nearly extinct from rabies and canine distemper. As we all know, only heavenly creatures are driven extinct, like pandas and angels

When I get a dog I'll call it Jude or Joe. So when I shout to it "Hey Jude" or "Hey Joe" I'll be able to sing the lovely beatles or jimi hendrix song.

e.g.

Hey Joe, where you going with that stick in your mouth?

Hey Jude, don't make it messy, take a walk rounddddd the puddle and not throughhhh it

Lt Plonker

Quote from: "cptwhite"I can't beleive no-one else found this picture amusing

Need I point out why?

Dog's arse is quite clearly under Columbo's arm, you filthy begger. Columbo has no time for sordid dog-love. He's got Mrs Columbo and a large stock of cheap cigars to get his kicks. It may be like pushing rope uphill, but he gets the job done, does Columbo.

"Just one more -hyyyyurgh- thing."

Doctor Stamen

They're lovely dogs.  I helped look after a springer spaniel with a mate last year, she was great fun until we found out she'd drunk a load of grog we'd left lying around.  Not only did this give her the evil shits but it also sent her mad at about 5 in the morning, she kept running rings around the room and jumping off the sofa while i was trying to get to sleep.  Woke up with this puppy chewing my hand at about 7 in the morning, which was quite nice as she was only teething.

Rubbish Monkey

bow wow wow heres me  Ginny. likes : tummy tickles, long walks and food. dislikes : bags in the wind, hoovers, lawn mowers

Smackhead Kangaroo

GIve it the name of a bond villain, or some name that would fit one.

Mr Fantastico?

moomin

I'm having a similar quandry at the moment as I'll be taking delivery of one or possibly two kittens next week, which will right piss off the grumpy two cats we have at present, though I suspect our dog (Woodie) will like them.

For your lovely little chap, given his breed, how about Jerry?

terminallyrelaxed

Top Dog Names - some work for cats too:

Junior
Woody
Dunbar
Smith
Jones
Dave
Morris
Cooke
Knopfler (not really)
Harry
Dudley
Biscuit
Pixel (for cats)
Reebok (ok I'm just being silly now)

Frinky

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"Knopfler (not really)

That's not all that bad actually, you'd just feel a bit of a tit shouting it in a park, wouldn't you? That's why I prefer to leave names like that to cats.

I will have 3 cats... Townshend, Coxon... and Page? You can't really call a cat Page, can you? Bonham? That works...

terminallyrelaxed

Oh well if its thos etypes of names, then I've lost count of the cats called Hendrix I've met. So how about Bolan? I like Page actually in theory, but sounds like (well, is) a girl's name.Continuing my current CCR thing theres Fogerty, but again, not shouting that in the park...

Bad/Cheesy pet names:

Einstein
Yankovic
Bush
Cheney
Socrates/Plato/etc
Fluffy
Daisy and all flowers

Hairy Chin

boki

Call im Billy.  Or Whacker.

Or Cletus.

sproggy

Here's a picture of my Freddie, he hates people and hasn't got many teeth left, but is a big Frankie Howerd fan, hence the wig.

Abbie

Thank you all for your suggestions - Columbo seems to be a firm favourite, however, it's got one too many syllables for my liking.  

What you do reckon to Kato?  Inspired by the best film ever, of course:

"This IZ Chief Inspector Clouseau speaking on the pheaun"

http://inspectorclouseau.com/

IMDB seem to think it's spelt Cato, but what do they know?

sproggy

Sticking with the Pink Panther vibe, how about Minkey?

Abbie

Unaccustomed as I am to posting pictures of my pets (eat my shorts Arquarara) here's the latest addition to the 'jaw' household.  Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you, Sid:

Mickey hasn't eaten him yet, which is good :)  He's got his injections in 20 mins, the poor mite.

Gazeuse

<Oliver Reid> Bullseye!!!" <Oliver Reid>