Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:16:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Treading The Boards in Blair's Britain

Started by Dusty Gozongas, November 03, 2006, 01:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Gozongas

I don't envy you one bit Aubrey. What with all that outsourcing of prompters and spotlight operators. I'm sure it can make for a 'grainy' production on far too many occasions. It'd drive me to drink if I wasn't busy enough with my own "romance", to wit, one's own personal quest for solace in the bottle elsewhere.

Which leads me to a question of sorts. I won't bore you with the extreme states of mind my own career has taken me to but currently I find myself uncharacteristically mirthful in the face of adversity. For once I can't be counted as the most miserable amongst my colleagues.

It is not with a sense of optimism however!

The, dare I say, 'stage' upon which I 'walk the boards' is creaking and crumbling beneath the 'actors'. The 'stage managers' are witless fucks, and I sincerely believe the 'prompters' and 'spotlight operators' have been outsourced to somewhere not of this world, let alone island.

So. To the question (of sorts).  Could you recommend a good TV/radio dramatization of such a pickle that you suspect would set this head nodding knowingly or raise a smug or knowing smile?

Aubrey Barkus

Quote from: "arqarqa"I don't envy you one bit Aubrey. What with all that outsourcing of prompters and spotlight operators. I'm sure it can make for a 'grainy' production on far too many occasions. It'd drive me to drink if I wasn't busy enough with my own "romance", to wit, one's own personal quest for solace in the bottle elsewhere.

Which leads me to a question of sorts. I won't bore you with the extreme states of mind my own career has taken me to but currently I find myself uncharacteristically mirthful in the face of adversity. For once I can't be counted as the most miserable amongst my colleagues.

It is not with a sense of optimism however!

The, dare I say, 'stage' upon which I 'walk the boards' is creaking and crumbling beneath the 'actors'. The 'stage managers' are witless fucks, and I sincerely believe the 'prompters' and 'spotlight operators' have been outsourced to somewhere not of this world, let alone island.

So. To the question (of sorts).  Could you recommend a good TV/radio dramatization of such a pickle that you suspect would set this head nodding knowingly or raise a smug or knowing smile?
What does all that mean?  Have you been reading Hazlitt while drunk?  Anyway, to answer your question; fuck knows.  "Our Friends in the North?" "Ant and Bee go shopping?" "Brimstone and Treacle?" "My Wonky Winky (starring Jude Law and Nicholas Witchell)?"
Update: I'm still in the boot of the Mondeo.  I thought the youths would return but it seems they have abandoned me.  I fear for my safety.  There's nothing in here for sustenance,  bar a can of screen de-icer, and I don't think that was intended  for human consumption.   Mind you, it's worth a try I suppose.  Nothing else to do in here apart from wait to die.  Sniff or breathe I wonder?  Sniff I think.
FUCKING hELL!!!