Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:00:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Manchester meet - ok let's try this one again

Started by Abbatoir worker, November 16, 2006, 12:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abbatoir worker

Righto - Saturday 9th December Corbieres again (as some people did find it, if not each other) 1pm start.  

I swear on my grannys grave I am going to make this one.  Although if any more of my relatives die I am calling it an offical CaB curse.

Already signed up:

Abbatoir Worker
The Culture Bunker
Artemis
Borboski
MonkeyDrummer

Neil can you sticky this again? Cheers.

Borboski

Really?  Well, I guess I'll turn out again, I managed not to offend either of the two people I met with (I think), although I'll warn you I'm feeling fruity at this time of year!

fanny splendid

When does the German Christmas Market start?

chav

It'll be up & running by then, I'd imagine.

MonkeyDrummer

Artemis

The last one was a categorical disaster of unprecedented proportions. At least two groups of Whores, both of which unaware of the other, manage to not notice each other (despite our group actually writing a sign, for fuck's sake) then leave the venue at roughly the same time, go to the same second venue and still not put two and two together. I was a bit drunk, that's my excuse.

Providing I still have a job, I'll be a wee bit late as I finish at 1pm but that's ok - you lot are much more interesting when you've had something to drink. If I don't have a job (it's on the wire), I'll be there hours before you are and will likely be completely obliterated by the time any of you arrive.

Borboski

I must point out that you may have had a sign but we had me, who's six foot eight, and Fanny's moustache!

Still, it made me laugh that we ended up going to the second same place, we can pretend it was a success after all!

mothman

You could call them the Manchester City meet and the Manchester United meet.

The Culture Bunker

I'm blaming my anti-social leanings for what happened back then. But this time we have Abbatoir Worker, whose superior female organisation skills will surely save the day.

Abbatoir worker

I'll update the list on the first post as we go along then - Christmas market is a great idea but I think we should start off somewhere smaller to begin with, given our proven propensity for missing each other.  If you're definitely coming and you're very brave you can pm me your mobile numbers.

Abbatoir worker

fanny, chav, mothman are any of you saying you'll be there?

mothman

Not me, I can't even make it to Bristol meets and they're LOCAL!

Artemis

Go With The Flow

I'm going to Manchester on that day (to see M&W) so give me a high five and put me down as a "maybe".

biniput

We should start with the Circus Tavern.  There's no bloody way we could miss each other in there.  The group should ONLY move when say 7 or whatever are there and there should be a PRE AGREED, mapped out set of venues where the whores could be etc.  This should be idiot proof.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Abbatoir worker"fanny, chav, mothman are any of you saying you'll be there?

80% chance. The Christmas Market visit was to give myself something to do, rather than to meet there. There's a stall which sells the Czech spirit Becherovka, and I like to drink them dry. Like all the best excuses, it's now a tradition.

Abbatoir worker

oh ok, I can't keep editing that top one so here is the updated list:

Abbatoir worker
The Culture Bunker
Artemis
Borboski
Monkey Drummer
cool_penguin_o
fanny splendid
biniput

I went to the Christmas market last night and had a gluhwein, so I can assure you it's open.

mothman

I wanna come (but can't). It all sounds so cosmopolitan! Drinking gluhwein at a Christmas Market? Hell, who need go to Prague?!

chav

Quote from: "biniput"We should start with the Circus Tavern.  There's no bloody way we could miss each other in there.  The group should ONLY move when say 7 or whatever are there and there should be a PRE AGREED, mapped out set of venues where the whores could be etc.  This should be idiot proof.
Why not be sensible and have a few of you exchange mobile numbers? I mean, some of you have met each other before. And I'm pretty certain you're not axe murders/mad stalkers. You're making it more difficult than it needs to be!
EDIT: Ah, I see this has been suggested. Will I come? I'll probably umm & arr over it for 2 weeks and then decide against it.

Abbatoir worker

One more added -

Abbatoir worker
The Culture Bunker
Artemis
Borboski
Monkey Drummer
cool_penguin_o
fanny splendid
biniput
Afrayn

I am thinking of going Wildean and dyeing some carnations blue...

Klem

Quote from: "Artemis"That's the best post you've made yet.

Well that is a 25% quality rating (not including this one) which is better than most ;-)

Toad in the Hole

Green.  The Carnations were green.  See Robert Hichens' book 'The Green Carnation'.

monkhouse terror

yeh might sho up 4 a bit mate gona b sein m&w l8r inabit

Go With The Flow

IT'S 0, not o. CHRIST ALMIGHTY!

COOL_PENGUIN_0.

you may continue.

Tits McGee

Sorry to get in the way (and I don't go up North, so I wont come!) of your meet, but what do you people do at meets.

Is it like the forum? Do you suggest a topic and everyone else adds an opinion. In another conrner, someone else starts a topic.

Drink seems to be involved a lot! Looking back ,most seem to take place in pubs. You could have a nice McDonalds meet.

I might come sometime, bring my wife. And a friend.

imitationleather

Abbatoir worker

Quote from: "afrayn"Green.  The Carnations were green.  See Robert Hichens' book 'The Green Carnation'.

Oh my.

Well, this place is blue, I was punning on Wilde's green.

Gah, how can you underestimate me so?

Abbatoir worker

Quote from: "mothman"You could call them the Manchester City meet and the Manchester United meet.

So yes, it turns out the 9th is derby day - the best solution seems to be to put the meet back to 3.30pm for Corbieres but anyone footbally inclined can try and find us in Walkabout from kick off at 12.45.  Hope this doesn't shag anyones plans too much.

This seems as good a time as any to out myself and The Culture Bunker as an 'item' - we'll definitely both be in Walkabout for the match if you want to track us down.  Yes, this is what CaB meets can lead to... if you're very very lucky.

Updated list:

Abbatoir worker
The Culture Bunker
Artemis
Borboski
MonkeyDrummer
cool_penguin_0
fanny splendid
biniput
afrayn
monkhouse terror
mayer

Take it as read, this is a day that I will not be wearing anything blue.