Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:32:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Manchester meet - ok let's try this one again

Started by Abbatoir worker, November 16, 2006, 12:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borboski

But I thought you didn't actually turn up to the meet?

Hang on... are you posting under two identities?

:)

Abbatoir worker

I didn't make it to the meet but we still met as a result of it because my friend who did get to the meet introduced us a couple of weeks later...no mystery identities involved but admittedly quite convoluted and incestuous.

Borboski

[Puts on smoking jacket and adopts Leslie Phillips voice]

Oh do tell....

Well, save it for the meet, actually.

Tell you what, you don't want to mix up Leslie Phillips and Leslie Grantham [sucks index finger].

no_offenc

Quote from: "Borboski"I must point out that you may have had a sign but we had me, who's six foot eight, and Fanny's moustache!

Not to mention my fucking sideburns and general lack of social skills.

Put me down as a maybe for this, if only to see if it turns out as much of a farce as the last one did.

Toad in the Hole

AW tells me I must go under pain of death, so I guess I'll be there.  Congratulations to Mr Bunker, as well.

Abbatoir worker

Saturday 9th December

Walkabout 12.30 - 3.15pm
Corbieres 3.30pm onwards

Updated list:

Abbatoir worker
The Culture Bunker
Artemis
Borboski
MonkeyDrummer
cool_penguin_0
fanny splendid
biniput
afrayn
monkhouse terror
mayer
no_offenc

explodingvinyl

Is it really strange that I would come to this, given my post count? I can practically see Corbo's from where I live.

extradave

I want to come and spy on everyone from the corner.

Uzi Lover

Abbatoir worker

Saturday 9th December

Walkabout 12.30 - 3.15pm
Corbieres 3.30pm onwards

Updated list:

Abbatoir worker
The Culture Bunker
Artemis
Borboski
MonkeyDrummer
cool_penguin_0
fanny splendid
biniput
afrayn
monkhouse terror
mayer
no_offenc
explodingvinyl
extradave
Uzi Lover

biniput

I will be bringing a "freind" along.  This person can talk quite a lot and won't be letting back on introducing himself.  May say the odd utterly F***ing stupid thing about me though as is his habit.  The sort of thing that is half made up or exagerated or just embarrasing.

no_offenc

Seeing all these people try to fit into Corbiere's on a Saturday afternoon will be high-larious.

extradave

As long as you steer clear of the skinks, I think it should be fine.

Abbatoir worker

Quote from: "no_offenc"Seeing all these people try to fit into Corbiere's on a Saturday afternoon will be high-larious.

I think it's best to meet somewhere small, but it may get tiresome after a while.  Does anyone want to suggest a large, decent pub we can adjourn to say 6pm?  I will add it to the list.

Also, Walkabout bears further investigation as there is now a rumour they are not showing the derby, ffs.

Borboski

Quote from: "biniput"I will be bringing a "freind" along.  This person can talk quite a lot and won't be letting back on introducing himself.  May say the odd utterly F***ing stupid thing about me though as is his habit.  The sort of thing that is half made up or exagerated or just embarrasing.

Wow, can't wait to meet him, you sure know how to talk someone up.

"I'll be bringing my wife along.  She'll do nothing but undermine me in public until I crack and we have a blazing row."

explodingvinyl

Quote from: "biniput"I will be bringing a "freind" along.  This person can talk quite a lot and won't be letting back on introducing himself.  May say the odd utterly F***ing stupid thing about me though as is his habit.  The sort of thing that is half made up or exagerated or just embarrasing.
He sounds like a fun guy.

Hmm, bigger pub to go to at 6... how about er... all my favourite bars are tiny. Everyone to Temple!

Right...
Sinclairs - Cheap like th budgie and close to Corbieres
The Cornerhouse - Big, but quite expensive.
Thirsty Scholar / The Salisbury - Middle sized, inoffensive Jukeboxes

Abbatoir worker

Right...
Sinclairs - Cheap like th budgie and close to Corbieres

Non-smoking, sorry!  I have given up again but others are still chuffing

The Cornerhouse - Big, but quite expensive.
Thirsty Scholar / The Salisbury - Middle sized, inoffensive Jukeboxes

Probably too far away from Corbiere's given that I will have already dragged myself down Oxford Rd once that day (see below)

May I suggest The Sawyers Arms?  It's not too expensive, has an upstairs and is a hop and a skip down Deansgate from Corbiere's.  Thence to the Christmas market at 8pm, inside the large beer tent (bottom right of the square as you stand facing the town hall).  Bugger organising anything after that because I'll be hammered and everyone will just do what they want anyway...

Walkabout is now off because they are not showing the match so instead we will be attending the Footage and Firkin on Oxford Rd.  Will this tempt some of you soft south Manchester student types to join us?  Hmmm...

Abbatoir worker

Saturday 9th December

12.30pm Footage and Firkin (football)
3.30pm Corbieres  (meet proper)
6.00pm Sawyer's Arms (commence bonding/abuse)
8.00pm Christmas Market, Albert Sq (noxious liquors)

Prospective victims:

Abbatoir worker
The Culture Bunker
Artemis
Borboski
MonkeyDrummer
cool_penguin_0
fanny splendid
biniput
afrayn
monkhouse terror
mayer
no_offenc
explodingvinyl
extradave
Uzi Lover

explodingvinyl

Quote from: "Abbatoir worker"May I suggest The Sawyers Arms?  It's not too expensive, has an upstairs and is a hop and a skip down Deansgate from Corbiere's.  .
Ace. A pub in manchester I haven't been to. I knew there had to be one somewhere.

Will there be some kind of white carnation-wearing, to indicate forum types?

Abbatoir worker

Quote from: "explodingvinyl"

I will have a tin of carnation milk on the table in front of me at all times.  That should do it.

no_offenc

Quote from: "explodingvinyl"
Quote from: "Abbatoir worker"May I suggest The Sawyers Arms?  It's not too expensive, has an upstairs and is a hop and a skip down Deansgate from Corbiere's.  .
Ace. A pub in manchester I haven't been to. I knew there had to be one somewhere.

If Fanny's going then look for the bloke with the massively impressive 'tache.  Or conversely look for the huge bunch of people all sitting glaring at each other because we have nothing to say but "So, er, that internet thing, eh?  Marvellous innit?  Er, so how long have you been registered on CAB for then?" and so on.

The turnout had better be..er, better than it was for the last one, else I shall be disappointed.  Two Manc meets in almost as many months, what is the world coming to?

extradave

I will have to strike my name off the list, unfortunately for you lot and fortunately for me I have just realised that weekend has been down in my diary for the last 4 months as the works christmas do.

However, soon as everyone will be staring in to space, I would appreciate it if someone could perpetuate a theory that I am following you anyway, staring at you from dark corners of the prospective alehouses.

Sorry for the lack of an extra body.

Artemis

I also have a works christmas do on that day as well - I'm hoping to do both but may have to bow out of the meet depending on how much I need to kiss-ass for my job.

Abbatoir worker

Quote from: "Artemis"I also have a works christmas do on that day as well - I'm hoping to do both but may have to bow out of the meet depending on how much I need to kiss-ass for my job.

Well you have a 10 hour window of opportunity within which to join us so I hope you don't have to kiss ass for 10 hours, or you may be stuck in a permanent pucker.

chav

Quote from: "no_offenc"Or conversely look for the huge bunch of people all sitting glaring at each other because we have nothing to say but "So, er, that internet thing, eh?  Marvellous innit?  Er, so how long have you been registered on CAB for then?" and so on.
Is this really what they're like? To be honest, you're not selling it very well. Still, you've picked Derby Day, this is an excellent move. Nothing I like better on a Saturday afternoon than watching young men fight & shout.

The Culture Bunker

I'd like to apologise in advance for the lousy mood I will be in following another derby humilation for United. Jibes from fans of every other team bar United welcome, but expect a loud 'Get to fuck!' in return (Sorry, H).

Abbatoir worker

Well aren't we a glass-half-empty, case-of-the-Mondays bunch of pessimistic miserable twats today?  I personally plan to have one of the very best days of my life.  United FTW!

explodingvinyl

Quote from: "Abbatoir worker"case-of-the-Mondays
Good God. I'm having an Office Space moment.

biniput

explodingvinyl

Quote from: "Abbatoir worker"Saturday 9th December

12.30pm Footage and Firkin (football)
3.30pm Corbieres  (meet proper)
6.00pm Sawyer's Arms (commence bonding/abuse)
8.00pm Christmas Market, Albert Sq (noxious liquors)

Prospective victims:

Abbatoir worker
The Culture Bunker
Artemis
Borboski
MonkeyDrummer
cool_penguin_0
fanny splendid
biniput
afrayn
monkhouse terror
mayer