Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:26:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

soundtracks

Started by splattermac, February 03, 2004, 11:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lt Plonker

Jurassic Park is one that I'm very fond of. It works terrificly on the first Brachiosaur scene. Gets me all tingling.

Can I include computer/vide game soundtracks. Ocarina of Time is sublime, especially on the Orchestral CD I have. The Monkey Island music is tremendously memorable and catchy, especially Largo LaGrande's Theme. The Dig had a great atmospheric soundtrack. Incredible empty and haunting.

Infact, you can get most of the Lucasarts soundtracks here:

http://soundtracks.mixnmojo.com/

TOCMFIC

Interesting stuff about Hardware.

If you're including game soundtracks, then I must add Legend of Mana. The intro and outro themes are some of the most beautiful music I've heard.

splattermac

You've got me thinking if Hardware would stand up to another watch, I know I've the PIL mp3's on my machine 'the order of death' for instance. I can't remember the scene where they played 'stigmata' , ah 1990, I bet it was great but I can't remember.

Did you ever watch Dustdevil, it had a similar vibe?

Benny J. Fish

Quote from: "mangoliver"Ghost Dog - The Way of the Samurai

Put together by RZA of Wu-Tang, suits the movie perfectly.

//www.ghostdogsoundtrack.com/

I like Neil Yong's Dead Man soundtract as well, come to think of it, Jarmusch is pretty fucken cool full stop.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "splattermac"You've got me thinking if Hardware would stand up to another watch, I know I've the PIL mp3's on my machine 'the order of death' for instance. I can't remember the scene where they played 'stigmata' , ah 1990, I bet it was great but I can't remember.

Did you ever watch Dustdevil, it had a similar vibe?

I rented it from Bit Torrent a couple of weeks ago, but it hasn't aged very well. To be honest, it's not really my kind of thing. I only watched it because of the Nephilim connection. I've not seen Dustdevil.

sproggy

Bought True Stories CD many years ago, mainly due to it having a couple of good Talking Heads tracks on it.

I then accidentally caught the David Byrne/John Goodman film a few years later.  Watching the film resulted in a total transformation of the songs on the CD, the mental images associated with each track were different.  Looking back I feel quite fortunate at having listened to the CD prior to watching the film.

What music adds to a scene in a film, can sometimes be to the detriment of the music or song in it's own right.

Sam

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"Vangelis soundtracks are good, they did Blade Runner and Chariots of fire (just posted a track from that in the song du jour thread).

Er...are you aware that Vangelis is the name of a bloke; he's not a band!