Author Topic: soundtracks  (Read 2910 times)

Lt Plonker

• Never forget.
    • Graymation
soundtracks
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2004, 05:45:01 PM »
Jurassic Park is one that I'm very fond of. It works terrificly on the first Brachiosaur scene. Gets me all tingling.

Can I include computer/vide game soundtracks. Ocarina of Time is sublime, especially on the Orchestral CD I have. The Monkey Island music is tremendously memorable and catchy, especially Largo LaGrande's Theme. The Dig had a great atmospheric soundtrack. Incredible empty and haunting.

Infact, you can get most of the Lucasarts soundtracks here:

http://soundtracks.mixnmojo.com/

soundtracks
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2004, 08:05:11 AM »
Interesting stuff about Hardware.

If you're including game soundtracks, then I must add Legend of Mana. The intro and outro themes are some of the most beautiful music I've heard.

soundtracks
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2004, 11:14:28 AM »
You’ve got me thinking if Hardware would stand up to another watch, I know I've the PIL mp3's on my machine 'the order of death' for instance. I can't remember the scene where they played 'stigmata' , ah 1990, I bet it was great but I can't remember.

Did you ever watch Dustdevil, it had a similar vibe?

soundtracks
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2004, 11:49:58 AM »
Quote from: "mangoliver"
Ghost Dog - The Way of the Samurai

Put together by RZA of Wu-Tang, suits the movie perfectly.

http://www.ghostdogsoundtrack.com/

I like Neil Yong's Dead Man soundtract as well, come to think of it, Jarmusch is pretty fucken cool full stop.

fanny splendid

• Chaos Reigns
soundtracks
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2004, 12:26:52 PM »
Quote from: "splattermac"
You’ve got me thinking if Hardware would stand up to another watch, I know I've the PIL mp3's on my machine 'the order of death' for instance. I can't remember the scene where they played 'stigmata' , ah 1990, I bet it was great but I can't remember.

Did you ever watch Dustdevil, it had a similar vibe?

I rented it from Bit Torrent a couple of weeks ago, but it hasn't aged very well. To be honest, it's not really my kind of thing. I only watched it because of the Nephilim connection. I've not seen Dustdevil.

soundtracks
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2004, 05:25:39 PM »

sproggy

• I tire of you... and your tiresomeness
soundtracks
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2004, 06:54:45 PM »
Bought True Stories CD many years ago, mainly due to it having a couple of good Talking Heads tracks on it.

I then accidentally caught the David Byrne/John Goodman film a few years later.  Watching the film resulted in a total transformation of the songs on the CD, the mental images associated with each track were different.  Looking back I feel quite fortunate at having listened to the CD prior to watching the film.

What music adds to a scene in a film, can sometimes be to the detriment of the music or song in it's own right.

Sam

• Silver Member
  • Ulcerated by happiness
soundtracks
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2004, 12:21:22 AM »
Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"
Vangelis soundtracks are good, they did Blade Runner and Chariots of fire (just posted a track from that in the song du jour thread).

Er...are you aware that Vangelis is the name of a bloke; he's not a band!