Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:42:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anybody with Music Video Production Experience?

Started by 5 Knuckle Shuffle, March 20, 2004, 12:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Knuckle Shuffle

Hi all
I'm doing a final year project that entails discussing the implications of a music video, especially the financial side of things. If any of you know have had experience, or know anybody with experience of the aforementioned, I would be very grateful to get some advice off of you. I'm finding this shit creak hard without a paddle.
Thanq

5KS

Narshty

Only discussing the implications? Not making one yourself? Boooooo. One point I'd be careful to stress is that music videos are possibly the only mainstream experimental short film medium around (emphasis on 'experimental'), so pretty much anything goes as long as you can link it, however dubiously, to the image of the band. For example, you can shoot something in a rubbish tip or building site with a camcorder and pawn it off as attitude.

Does that help?

5 Knuckle Shuffle

Quote from: "Narshty"Only discussing the implications? Not making one yourself? Boooooo. One point I'd be careful to stress is that music videos are possibly the only mainstream experimental short film medium around (emphasis on 'experimental'), so pretty much anything goes as long as you can link it, however dubiously, to the image of the band. For example, you can shoot something in a rubbish tip or building site with a camcorder and pawn it off as attitude.

Does that help?

Yes I am making a music video. The music as well as the video, but as part of my course is called with management, I need to include some management with it, that's why I mentioned the, in particular financial implications part. Cheers anyway mucker.