Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:25:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Naming nimmy fucking names

Started by Banana Woofwoof, January 05, 2007, 01:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello, well, I want to start this thread.

Naming nimmy-nimmy names.

*Roll up, roll up, watch someone throw toys out of the pram*

I'm fairly angry right now so excuse some of the more colourful language here.

Cor, well, didn't Neil over-react with that clique thread?  He's really paranoid.  It's not like there's some elite society who start threads like, I don't know, "Good Eggs" discussing who they'd like to invite onto their secret forum.

Oh wait, there is.  It's here* if you want to look.  You can't, of course.  You weren't invited.

I thought Neil was being a bit paranoid about people trying to poach the best posters.  And by all means, members should have another board if they want to.  I've been on one of the clique boards so I didn't think there was *that* much nasty bitching.  The odd, "Oh, shush" comment, but no bitching.  I wasn't invited to the new one, obviously.

There's a lot of "say what you mean" and "name names" stuff here from people.  Everyone tiptoes around.  Well, here you go then.  Here's some names.

The behind the bikeshed accusation is true, though.  It's a private forum.  And people there say stuff about others they'd never say to their face because they haven't got the fucking guts.  Yet they come over here and say, "Aww everyone loves everyone, I'm sick of the lack of CONFRONTATION!"

I can only speak for one person.  Myself, of course.  THAT'S RIGHT.  ME! ME! MEEEEE!

So much for "all we talk about is pooh".

So, what do the clique have to say about BWW?  Someone kindly sent me some logs so I could find out.

Let's see!  

The review of the year:

Quote from: "Frinky"So many votes for BWW and Ciaran.

CaB is not the place that it once was.

Aww, diddums.  I miss DeLorean threads and posts about all the sex you've had, too.   Ciaran must really curse himself for posting intelligent and well-thought out posts and not being more like you.

After Almost Yearly questioned my ability to live beyond the age of 25 on the ginger thread:

Quote from: "mrpants"Fuck me, is that the first recorded un-veiled criticsm of BWW?

No.

Quote from: "Frinky"

Obviously not an appreciator of my obscure, early work."

I was!

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"She's more powerful than ever, Almost, I doff my hat to you. Although you'd probably roll it up and use it for drugs and sex."

Powerful?!  If you mean my powerful quivering thighs then, yes.

Quote from: "Almost Yearly"I only ever went for the eyebrows really.

Ah, my once-drawn on eyebrows.  Good one.  This is the Almost Yearly who's been perfectly nice to me in PMs, by the way.

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"I didn't want to direct link to BWW's Photobucket photos from here, although it's probably not traceable from Photobucket, is it?

I assume this is meet photos?  Whyever for?  That horrible meet?

Quote from: "Frinky"Even if it was, I doubt she has the spanners to do it. She can barely work a razor blade for goodness sake

Oooooh nice one. Self-harm! Wait, there's more of this intellectual debate to come.

Quote from: "Tracey Q"So with BWW being nominated so much, does this mean that people want to read minute personal details and lookwhatIvedonetomyarm?

Chuh, even I ended up on antidepressants this year and I've not even had so much as a sniff!

Sniff of what there, Tracey?

Here's to the big men! The forum's leading lights! Depression?  Self harm?  Get in!  See, I always knew this forum was full of open-minded and accepting people.

Oh, and this is the same Tracey Q on my myspace and who sent me a t-shirt so don't tell me that that's not backstabbing.  As for minute personal details, I know *I* love hearing about your kids and how great your tits are.

Let me just reiterate something for the LAST TIME:

Being a depressed twenty something:  Boo-hoo! I'm depressed! I will cut myself! Waaaaaaaah!

Being a manic depressive twenty something:  Boo hoo!  What the fuck is happening to me?  I have no control over this!  I have to take horrible medications for the rest of my life that don't even work!

Manic depression is a mental illness that can only be treated by medications.  It is a genetic brain disorder, not some exercise in throwing your toys out of your brain.  It affects your thoughts, feelings, moods, yeah, your entire life.  It's exacerbated with bad stuff happening to you like, I don't know, your alcoholic father dying and leaving behind five children.  It is absolutely out of your control and makes your life hell.  No-one wants pity, but an iota of fucking understanding from people who claim to be intelligent adults would be nice.  Ever notice how I never bitch about my life?  My boyfriend? My friends?  When I bitch, it is about the fact that I am grieving, or that I am dealing with an illness.  And in a stage of both that will pass.  So give me a fucking rest.  I come here for enjoyment as much as you do.  

Now, what's your excuse?

I  would rather share personal details that I feel are relevant, when, and this is amazing, I'm a living person who has had an extremely fucking tough year. I am actually interested in people's lives. I am interested in their interests, and what they do, how they feel, because that's what people are about.  I don't care if you don't care.  I don't care about half the shit you write about either.

Anyway, even more!

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"I've never had the nerve to actually directly moan about BWW though. Too popular. I'm a coward.

Yes, yes, you are.

Now we're onto the "Good Eggs" thread, where the Clique decide who's worthy of their company.  They mention my esteemed friend, john self.

Quote from: "mrpants"Isn't John Self a friend of BWW? I'm normally doubley impressed with his posts as he manages to resist the personality black hole that is WoofWoof.

Surferghost (the last person I would expect this from) joins the party:

Quote from: "Surferghost"john self (although the BWW love is making think about that one)

Oh dear.  Now if that isn't playground mentality then I don't know what is.  He can't be your friend because he's my friend.  I'm not the cool kid, but he could be one of your gang, couldn't he?  If only I had less spots.

PT has something else to say!

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"John Self is a good friend of BWW though, and it would do nobody any good to see what's been gone done written. Which is a damn shame, because he's great.

Yes, it wouldn't do anyone any good, now, would it.

PT has more to say! Oh my PT! How do you find time to play Wii and shag your wife?

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"BWW went a bit mental when John Self didn't turn up to that horrible recent London meet, and then went a bit mental about it on the board afterwards. Sent shivers down my spine OH GOD I CAN'T STOP BITCHING!!

Bloody hell!  Here's what I wrote in that thread:

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"john self stood me up!

Mental!!!

As for going "mental" at the meet, john self and I had arranged to meet at a certain time.  We both left the house at the same time.  It was cold, he was skint, and he didn't show up.  He is my friend, and I was worried about him.  Something might have happened to him.  I didn't have his number to call him.  But if you want to go for "mental", then, okay.  Sends shivers down your spine, doesn't it.

Almost Yearly aims to explain the reason why someone like john self would be friends with someone like me.  Is it our shared sense of humour?  That we bonded over making each other laugh like crazy?  Is it our similar taste in music?  Some shared experiences?  Oh wait, no, it's...

Quote from: "Almost Yearly"Yeah, depression buddies. Ah well.

Ah well indeed!  I've been tricked!

Nothing much interesting after that.

Except a couple of comments about my oft-mentioned boyfriend ROB.  That's right, Rob.  He's not my "other half".  He's not "Mister Woofwoof".  He is Rob.  A different person.

Y'know, I actually got ripped into for refering to him here as Rob!  And he made one post and got slagged off for it!

When refering to his wife by her name:

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"....doing a Rob...

Hoo-hah.

So, naming names is fun, right?

You can see how a consensus starts.  I wasn't the only one to get it- in fact, most people who dared post any details of their personal lives got it from these self-righteous, two-faced cunts who think they're above it all in their private club.

For some reasons, these posters are respected and influential.  Funny, intelligent, insightful over here on this board.  Judging your posts and your personality based on them on that board.  Setting a consensus and having a nice pint around some good old fashioned moaning, like a nice old working men's club.  I guess us plebs over here will just have to make do until you find the "good eggs" to bring over.

The "clique" are fundamentally cool and decent people who turn into six year old bitches on their precious little board.

I used myself as an example because I can't speak for anyone else.  And I didn't get the chance to defend myself there.  Not like the insidious "I hate personal threads" consensus hasn't made me feel guilty enough for posting anything whatsoever, like.  Or other people who put apologies before their fucking posts.

Having your opinions is great, but have them here too, eh?

Nimmy fucking nim, you spineless fuckers.

* (I've removed the url to further infuriate Frinky.  As he's a massive, massive wankpot, and it gives me deep joy - Neil)

Utter Shit

I couldn't give a fuck about all this bollocks to be honest. Most of the quotes on there are from wankers though, so maybe you have a point.

Quote from: "Neil"Oh, for fucks sakes.

You started it but didn't have the balls to explain yourself or keep the thread open, so, whatever!

Utter Shit

I wouldn't mind knowing what this nimmy-nim business is all about, so this thread might be useful.

Quote from: "Utter Shit"I wouldn't mind knowing what this nimmy-nim business is all about, so this thread might be useful.

I don't know, it's clique-speak.  Stock response to whinging or something.

Vaguely Phallic

I guess this has nothing to do with me, so I'll keep out of it after this (I used to post under another name but wanted a fresh start). But I like the people, in general, here. I like the posters who complain. Those who make me laugh. The people who tell me something personal and revealing, even when it's upsetting. I like the posters who make me think about the other side of the coin. And the opinionated folk of course. Bye.

Utter Shit

I think we should name more names. That Neil bastard can piss off, he acts like he owns the place. And I think that Ciaran fella might be IRISH, if you can believe that!

Seeing as you seem to have got access to this other gaff, would you mind doing a vanity search on my name for me. I'd love to know that they'd had me in mind at some point.

I don't have access either and I don't want to get the guy who sent me the logs into trouble.

I like this forum.  I get pissed off when every five seconds someone says it's going shit.  I know some people might think it's true.  But ever since weekender started his Not everyone cares thread, I am pissed off with people fannying around, not saying what they mean and bitching behind people's backs.

I actually like most of the posters above who were nasty about me.  It was personal nastiness.  I liked Tracey, even if I didn't initially.  I've never liked Frinky and he's never liked me.  I think PT is funny, I liked Surferghost and AY.  So I'd rather it just be said, really.  And the clique definitely does exist.

I'm also not setting out to make anyone paranoid.  I just want to sort of back up the fact that Neil wasn't being hysterical in his thread. Whatever he said, the "backshed bitching" thing is true and it was the point most refuted.

Neil

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"
Quote from: "Neil"Oh, for fucks sakes.

You started it but didn't have the balls to explain yourself or keep the thread open, so, whatever!

Yes, it takes no balls to take a whole clique on  Seaneen.  I don't want to fall out over this as, ffs, the last thing this place needs is more tension.  I saw some of this stuff too this week, and agree that it's spineless bollocks.  You can't win when someone says "no, I haven't", when they have.  If you'd piped up then, fine, it would have been less one-sided.

EDIT:  I do appreciate how pissed off you are.

How could I have piped up then?  I didn't know!

And yes, I am pissed off!  I am going to be accused of being hysterical or oversensitive or "Woe!" or something, but I am trying to illustrate the point that what you said is true.

I wouldn't fucking care if it hadn't been refuted so many times.  I don't give a fuck about what some people post on other forums.  What I resent is this hierachy, picking the "best" posters and being hypocritical about "not naming names" and that.

Still Not George

Fuck.

OK, well that lot officially makes the old CliqueBoards look friendly and happy in comparison.

actwithoutwords

Quote from: "Utter Shit"
Seeing as you seem to have got access to this other gaff, would you mind doing a vanity search on my name for me. I'd love to know that they'd had me in mind at some point.

Heh. I bet everyone is thinking the same thing,  with different degrees of apprehension/ eagerness. I don't know which is worse, the existence of a Good Egg thread, or the fact that we all know about it.

I feel quite sorry for you Neil I must say. I have thoroughly enjoyed this place for the last year. But I'm fucked if I can imagine how this can be fixed, at least in the short term.

Utter Shit

I've never thought of this place as being a real community before, far less so than other forums I frequent - it's always seemed to be just a message board where people post their opinions, without all the politics and bollocks.

Of those people who seem to be in this clique, only Purple Tentacle interests me whatsoever. The rest of them are all void of anything interesting to say - if any of them were insulting me behind my back, it wouldn't interest me any more than anything else they say does. Frinky in particular is just a useless, boring wanker.

Neil

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"Cor, well, didn't Neil over-react with that clique thread?  He's really paranoid.  It's not like there's some elite society who start threads like, I don't know, "Good Eggs" discussing who they'd like to invite onto their secret forum.

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle on 'the bitchboard'"Personally, I think the damage control on CaB has been done really well, Neil now looks paranoid and silly, and with whining twats like Peking O and DevlinC complaining that they're not invited, WE, THE CLIQUE look a bit more reasonable.

EDIT:  
Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"And yes, I am pissed off!  I am going to be accused of being hysterical or oversensitive or "Woe!" or something, but I am trying to illustrate the point that what you said is true.

Fair enough! Blimey.  I don't understand the "nim nimmy" stuff either.  I find people talking about their own lives interesting, generally.  It's just become a growing received opinion on here that such posts are in some way less entertaining than, urr, I dunno....that old nonsense about a cheese moon that invariably mentioned - despite the fact that it was a shit thread.

QuoteI wouldn't fucking care if it hadn't been refuted so many times.  I don't give a fuck about what some people post on other forums.  What I resent is this hierachy, picking the "best" posters and being hypocritical about "not naming names" and that.

Very much agreed.

Utter Shit

I hope Emergency Lalla Ward Ten is in the clique, he's a wanker as well and it would be handy to be able to lump them all in together.

Almost Yearly

Heheh, can someone quote the bit where PT said this was the most fun he's ever had on the internet.

Utter Shit

Quote from: "Almost Yearly"Heheh, can someone quote the bit where PT said this was the most fun he's ever had on the internet.

My man in Havana only showed me those transcripts, thinking I'd like to know.  I didn't see anything lovely about CaB or anything, but I don't doubt there is lots of that too.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Quote from: "Utter Shit"I hope Emergency Lalla Ward Ten is in the clique, he's a wanker as well and it would be handy to be able to lump them all in together.

'Fraid not - I'm an independent wanker.

Almost Yearly

Oh right, filtered information. Maybe we have weapons of mass destruction.

Huzzie

Ha!  

Well they fucked up with at least one person up there.

I can only imagine what they said about me, although I have actually been told it before, quite harshly several times.

I wondered why character traits that hadn't existed for over a year was still being brought up in derogatory comments. Well, turns out it is because stereotypes are being satirised over there.

We must be cartoon characters to them.

Nah, fuck it anyway. They don't know us BWW, even if you have met them, they only know the person you put yourself about as on here and I am sure (even though I and the majority like you) is quite different to how you would be if message forums were more physical.

Yeah, I like some of the posters above. A couple I am really quite fond of but I have never felt comfortable enough that they didn't think I was an illiterate smackhead worth northing more than ridicule. I hope I was wrong.

Hehe, TraceyQ up there. Well who would have thunk it.

Utter Shit

Damn and blast. I think I just began to like you a little bit more just off that one post.

To be fair I felt a bit bad after making that post, as I realised I don't really think you're a wanker, I just disagree with you on just about everything ever, which isn't condusive to a happy relationship. If you said that water was wet, I imagine my experience of water would suddenly change and I would in fact realise that water is not wet (and I would be right).

*edit* That's to Lalla. Or Lallypop as I'm now going to call him. My nu bezzie mate.

Almost Yearly

Quote from: "Huzzie"I can only imagine what they said about me, although I have actually been told it before, quite harshly several times.
Save you the bother.

GOOD EGG! FUCKING CUNTING GOOD EGG!

Bit harsh, yeah.

Huzzie

Quote from: "actwithoutwords"But I'm fucked if I can imagine how this can be fixed, at least in the short term.

This whole process is fixing it. Trust me, the last couple of days will change things but the site will still be strong at the end of it (with Neils grace) and hopefully and probably better for it.

Been here before.

Neil

Quote from: "Almost Yearly"Oh right, filtered information. Maybe we have weapons of mass destruction.

No threat there - I don't think you could press the button with no spine.

Huzzie

Quote from: "Utter Shit"I've never thought of this place as being a real community before, far less so than other forums I frequent - it's always seemed to be just a message board where people post their opinions, without all the politics and bollocks.

Of those people who seem to be in this clique, only Purple Tentacle interests me whatsoever. The rest of them are all void of anything interesting to say - if any of them were insulting me behind my back, it wouldn't interest me any more than anything else they say does. Frinky in particular is just a useless, boring wanker.

I've always really likes Poyps, AY and Surfer Ghost. I did like Frinky but can't remember seeing a post of his for time.

ffogems

This is the best thing that's ever happened to this board. All that bandwagon bullying should come to an end now, now that we know where the panto trojan horse is.