Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:57:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Naming nimmy fucking names

Started by Banana Woofwoof, January 05, 2007, 01:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy The Fish

Hello!

BWW:

Yes, we were personally sick of you. We said it here, we said it with rolled eyes and moving away from you at meets when you got endlessley drunk, abusive, and made a twat of yourself. Trying to fondle my bollocks in a pub, even when I pushed you away? Not caring that you were "Taken"? Making a huge song and dance about how funny it was that you were standing your boyfriend up in front of a load of strangers, interrupting decent conversation with your "PLEASE FOR FUCKS SAKE, LOOK AT ME AND LOVE ME" behaviour. You were fucking tiring. This thread, is you again, looking for attention.

QuoteThe behind the bikeshed accusation is true, though. It's a private forum. And people there say stuff about others they'd never say to their face because they haven't got the fucking guts.

Again, see above.

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"I've never liked Frinky.

Didn't keep your fingers from trying to rub all over my globes, though, did it?

You didn't bother posting the parts where I asked for there to be less bitching, and that I hoped it would die off as that wasn't what the board is for.

Quote from: "Utter Shit"Seeing as you seem to have got access to this other gaff, would you mind doing a vanity search on my name for me. I'd love to know that they'd had me in mind at some point.

You didn't register, sorry. You'd be amazed to learn that it's not actually a CaB cliqueboard. In fact, there's one or two no-Cabbers on there, and that number will grow. It was intended (by me) to be a board for the creatively-minded whores, working on various projects, and those people from outside from those projects, too. That's half the reason it was a locked forum. The other half of it was Neil, becuase he hates his posters talking in private. Yeah, me and Trace have been fucking for a couple of years now. And that's precisely why Neil banned her, becuase he doesn't have control over that. He banned me so he could start his thread where I couldn't reply. He closed his thread when he started to lose. I tried to sort it out by email, but he refused. I could post more on this, but Neil will just ban this account and I won't get to have my say.

Yes, bitching goes on there, but just as much as it does on the SE private forums, the CC private forums... is that acceptable, no, maybe not. Don't care. That's what people do. I had hoped, not so much, but what can you do. There was a lot of venting of being pissed off, and then it started to subside.

There's also an awful lot of not bitching going on there, as was the original intent. Don't believe me, because you can't see it? Again, don't care. Personally, I'm sorry it came to this, but Neil wouldn't allow his posters to speak together on a board that wasn't his, so we hid it. I'm under no obligation to open the forum, but whoever the lovely person handing out transcripts of the forum is, might like to hand out the follwing threads:

The Big Brother Thread
Green Wing Special
What Project Are You Working On?
Gazzyk1ns is a murderer
We had a shit
Eddie is Drunk?
Chatroom
Christmas songs
Who Do You Fancy
Star Trek
Creepy loner transvetite, death, stamp collections and me
Fuck-ups at work
Frinky Went to Skegness
Almost and the NHS
Tracey missed Oz And James
Photography

etc

QuoteI wouldn't fucking care if it hadn't been refuted so many times. I don't give a fuck about what some people post on other forums. What I resent is this hierachy, picking the "best" posters and being hypocritical about "not naming names" and that.

The largest percentage (90+, AT A GUESS) were picked becuase of the creativeness aspect of it. Many of them to do with TV/Film areas, as per my initial idea. There were a few more additions that I didn't expect, and then I added some more photographers, etc. I planned to invite more as I went on, too, the doors weren't totally shut.

Quote from: "Huzzie"I can only imagine what they said about me

Nothing that I know of.

For the several hundred posters who will come in wondering "What they think of me, then", nothing, sorry. This group of people were pissed off at a few other people and vented it on a messageboard not actually devoted to slagging people off where the bitching takes up a small percentage.

Bye bye!

love,

Frinky

Almost Yearly

Quote from: "ffogems"This is the best thing that's ever happened to this board.
You get it!

Quote from: "ffogems"All that bandwagon bullying should come to an end now, now that we know where the panto trojan horse is.
You don't get it!

Huzzie

Quote from: "Neil"

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle on 'the bitchboard'"Personally, I think the damage control on CaB has been done really well, Neil now looks paranoid and silly, and with whining twats like Peking O and DevlinC complaining that they're not invited, WE, THE CLIQUE look a bit more reasonable.

I don't mean to be an apologist here but surely PT is just being tongue in cheek? Maybe making as much fun out of his crew as much as ours?

I dunno. That is what I would believe. Maybe like to believe anyway.

Yes, we were personally sick of you. We said it here, we said it with rolled eyes and moving away from you at meets when you got endlessley drunk, abusive, and made a twat of yourself. Trying to fondle my bollocks in a pub, even when I pushed you away? Not caring that you were "Taken"? Making a huge song and dance about how funny it was that you were standing your boyfriend up in front of a load of strangers, interrupting decent conversation with your "PLEASE FOR FUCKS SAKE, LOOK AT ME AND LOVE ME" behaviour. You were fucking tiring. This thread, is you again, looking for attention.

AGES ago and I was absolutely off my face.  You must know that experience, surely.  And I think I apologised.  And I have stopped drinking.  And I don't fucking remember because I so was drunk and made a dick out of myself.  Sorry.  I don't judge people for their drunken and foolish behaviour at meets, especially when they are clearly completely fucked off their faces on booze.  I am legendarily an idiot at meets because I cannot handle my drink.  I talk too much, get confused, talk shit, act up and don't want to be judged on it because I am not like that when I am sober.

As for the nice bits about less bitching- as I said, I didn't see them!  All I saw was this, so nice bits, lack of bitching, well, fill us in!

Quote from: "Huzzie"
Quote from: "Neil"

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle on 'the bitchboard'"Personally, I think the damage control on CaB has been done really well, Neil now looks paranoid and silly, and with whining twats like Peking O and DevlinC complaining that they're not invited, WE, THE CLIQUE look a bit more reasonable.

I don't mean to be an apologist here but surely PT is just being tongue in cheek? Maybe making as much fun out of his crew as much as ours?

I dunno. That is what I would believe. Maybe like to believe anyway.

Nah, I read it that way too.

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle on 'the bitchboard'"and with whining twats like Peking O and DevlinC complaining that they're not invited, WE, THE CLIQUE look a bit more reasonable.

YES! I GOT A MENTION! BAGSY LEADER OF CLIQUE v2.0!

Huzzie

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"
Quote from: "Almost Yearly"Heheh, can someone quote the bit where PT said this was the most fun he's ever had on the internet.

My man in Havana only showed me those transcripts, thinking I'd like to know.  I didn't see anything lovely about CaB or anything, but I don't doubt there is lots of that too.

Bdub.

I got bullied to fuck at school. This was due to being close friends with one lad before we started school, so he used me to get himself in with the hard lads) One day, the ring leaders got the rest of the class to ignore me and just laugh when I tried speaking to them. Most went along with it as they were scared of being beaten up. My best mate (so I thought at that young age) decided, for my benefit that he would do as they said, he would ignore me and laugh at me to "find out why they were doing it". He did as he said (the brave, brave bugger!) but looking back now I see it for what it was.

I dunno the relationship with your deep throat but could it be possible that this was a cruel trick that he could sit back and enjoy the fireworks of?

El Unicornio, mang

All the best for 2007 everyone!

*runs away*

Neil

Quote from: "Billy The Fish"Yeah, me and Trace have been fucking for a couple of years now. And that's precisely why Neil banned her, becuase he doesn't have control over that.

Heh.  What?  Have you been watching rather too much of that Paul Danan thing on ITV2?  I think so.  You paranoid nutjob.

QuoteHe banned me so he could start his thread where I couldn't reply. He closed his thread when he started to lose.

No, I closed that thread because The Clique were getting progressively angry, and I didn't see how I could win against liars.  It was a shitty thing to do, admittedly, but what other option had I?  I trhink, deep down, AY is angry because he knows I was right.  He came in here originally as a boasting, druggy, drinking swinger.  Now he's some babied bloke who sits on a messageboard devoted to bitching about another messageboard all day long.  He knows it's pathetic - even by internet standards.

As to why I banned you, here are two reasons to be getting on with a) I was 90% sure you were Voluntary Mastectomy, and b) I thought it would be HILARIOUS to see you moaning about being excluded.  And yeah, you certainly don't like it up you.

QuoteYes, bitching goes on there, but just as much as it does on the SE private forums, the CC private forums... is that acceptable, no, maybe not. Don't care. That's what people do. I had hoped, not so much, but what can you do. There was a lot of venting of being pissed off, and then it started to subside.

The "private forums" that anyone is allowed to sign up and post to?  As opposed to the hidden closed-off closed-registration forum that you run?  No competition.  No comparison at all.  You're a fucking idiot for trying to make one.

QuoteThere's also an awful lot of not bitching going on there, as was the original intent.

Bollocks.  Want me to post up 20 pages of "argh"?

QuoteNeil wouldn't allow his posters to speak together on a board that wasn't his, so we hid it.

Again, bullshit.  If that was true, I wouldn't have a chatroom.  Or mailing lists.  Or an audioscrobbler forum.  Or a blog.  Etc.  People can post what they like.  

What is actually true, Matt, is that I was always opposed to the downright nasty and two-faced fucking abuse that went on on the cliqueboards.  THAT is why I was excluded.  Don't you fucking DARE try and make out that it was for any other reason, you lying two-faced wankpot.

QuoteI'm under no obligation to open the forum, but whoever the lovely person handing out transcripts of the forum is, might like to hand out the follwing threads:

I've seen the front page, and know that's a lie. You've made half of them up, or started them in the face of this - or my - thread.

I mean, basically, just fuck off.  Put the time and effort into building your own forum.  It's taken a lot of time to get this collection of people together, now you want to whipser in their ears "psst, come upto the big house, where you can slate the others behind closed doors".  Just go and put the work into building a forum of your own, instead of trying to cherry-pick the good posters from here. You cunt.

Huzzie

Quote from: "The Unicorn"All the best for 2007 everyone!

*runs away*

SHIT STIRRER!!

ffogems

QuoteYeah, me and Trace have been fucking for a couple of years now
This is the most succinct strip of evidence of your haughty cuntery I've ever read. It's a linguistical opus. Gold star.

Huzzie

Hang on. Frinky is Spacehopper?

Still Not George

Argh, AY, you were doing so well making the UberClique seem reasonable until, ooh, that post by "Billy The Fish" up there.

Neil

Quote from: "Huzzie"Hang on. Frinky is Spacehopper?

:-D

Neil

Quote from: "Billy The Fish"Yeah, me and Trace have been fucking for a couple of years now.

Oooooh, nimmy nimmy nim nim nim!!

(Have I got the hang of this yet?  I'm so glad this happened on a night where I'm having a drinky-poo)

ffogems

Wow, this thread went 4 minutes without a contribution. I thought you'd all been poached away while I was wiping my willy on the iron curtain.

Utter Shit

Is TraceyQ worth a squirt then? If everyone else is having a go I'll bang her over for the team.

Still Not George

That's going a leetle bit far, neh?

Fucking hell am I glad I'm doing the night shift tonight, I hate having to keep up with this sort of thing after everything's been edited the next day.

Neil

Quote from: "Huzzie"Surfer Ghost

I was very very surprised to see what an embittered old cock he's become, to be honest.  I genuinely didn't think there was a nasty bone in his body.  I think some of The Clique don't realise the effect the extensive covert two-faced bitching is having on their...personalities.

Meh, I'm not sure I really like everyone less. God knows I've had my own opinions of people on here that are later proved wrong/absolutely correct and while I don't think I'd have complained on a private forum about it, I can't hold it against them for drawing conclusions and talking about it as a group of friends.

Although a quick edit to say that if I'd had quite as much mention as Banana there, maybe I would feel differently, and I think that was a shocking amount of bile directed at her. Although only shocking when discovered, eh?

Neil

Quote from: "DevlinC"
Quote from: "Purple Tentacle on 'the bitchboard'"and with whining twats like Peking O and DevlinC complaining that they're not invited, WE, THE CLIQUE look a bit more reasonable.

YES! I GOT A MENTION! BAGSY LEADER OF CLIQUE v2.0!

Heh, someone did say to me that the clique may eventually get a breakaway clique that moans about them, which would be very amusing.  Choice quote ahoy...and bear in mind all the bollocks that was talked about there being 'no bitching on the "bitchboard"'

QuoteI'm torn with this place. Either I never paid enough attention before with the other second boards, or it's just this particular place, but it strikes me as the "behind the bike sheds" forum. And not in the good way - no touching up and getting off with nubile young girls in their school uniforms. If it was here to discuss other stuff, aside from CaB, then fine. But it seems to simply be an area where the elite (read: people who have been PM'd the address) come to bitch about non-elite (read: people who haven't been PM'd the address) CaB board members, when they don't have the balls to say what they want or mean on the main board.

It's fair enough to let off some steam once in a while (ie. that SUCHANDSUCH's a cunt, after he posts something cuntish on the board), but I find out of the blue/unwarranted comments like yours Queue, a little unnecessary and smacks of either jealousy (can't see that somehow) or just a general bitch-factor (possible). I realise she's been a whiney cow in the past, but seeing as she's not even posted anything in a couple of weeks, let alone anything whiney, you can't just let it lie. Have to get a stab in there.

Definitely no bitching.  Absolutely definitely done.  

Incidentally, cocks, it's paranoia if I'm wrong.  Otherwise, it's pretty fucking astute guesswork and general deduction.  Do you read Hound Of The Baskervilles and think "God, Sherlock is sooooo paranoid!"?

Also, of course, the clique members don't want to break rank as they find that - once they're booted out - they then get extensively bitched about.  As BWW now seems to have found out.  

No bitching my hole.

slim

Oh dear.

I'm a member over there, having been invited by Frinky due to our previous discussions here, largely by PM, about film production, photography and whatnot. I invited someone else creative I know through and outside of CaB because I wanted to natter with them too about stuff.

It's barely a tenth of what goes on there, the creative stuff, and still some of it gets done by PM or email because, well you don't always want to share your ideas with a wider audience. The lessening of fears over having ones stuff ideas nicked is partly the reason I signed up, in fact (and also being flattered that anyone, anywhere thought I was in the least bit creative).

As for the moaning, well it's not pleasant (is it ever, here or anywhere else?) but then again, you're not meant to see it, are you?

Imagine: 200 people at a party, 30 of them are people who gravitate together, due to a common interest or foxy looks, or whatnot, and they retire to the kitchen. Whilst in the kitchen they bitch about one of X's friends, who, the general opinion has it, a right cock.

That happens, I've done it before at a party (always felt a bit unclean afterwards to be honest), I see it a lot in real life, and I hear it a lot at work.

The thing is, these things happen in private for a reason: society is partly kept stable and bearable by a whole load of people being civil despite having a (sometimes intense) dislike of each other.

Otherwise, I'd have run over about 400 shoppers' fucking faces with a trolley in the supermarket by now.

If one of the people in the fictional kitchen runs off telling X's friend all that's been said about them, of course it's going to kick off. But the people in the kitchen neither expected nor wanted X's friend to know about it. It was a bitching session in the kitchen for a good reason; to keep things ticking over nicely. You don't just stand a holler it in the the middle of the party.

If anyone here can claim they've never sent a PM to someone they liked on here moaning about another poster, or moaned to their partner about an idiot on here, or moaned to their partner or friends about some annoying cunt at work, or moaned about their friends with other friends, then I think they have a right to be offended by what's happened. I think it'll be a small percentage of people though.

The bits BWW posted, as she said, is just stuff she's seen because it's about her. It's a tiny amount of the stuff that gets posted over there. If I secretly tape recorded conversations with friends of mine one drunken evening about other acquaintances, and then played the most horrible highlights ("Did you see her hair?!", "Oh god, she's telling the China story again.", etc.) to said acquaintances, it's not going to end well, is it?

I had a vent on there myself a while back about a poster here, not much really, more like an incredulous question. It's quite clear on here too that I don't like them (relax, S?S!, not you) but I saw no point in posting it here because it'd just get drawn out, overanalysed, overblown and it'd stir up tension. Sometimes you just want to go have a shout.

Some time back someone on here mentioned some kind of fighting forum where anything went? Is that what's missing?

Long, rambling post. Late at night, of course.

Anyway, the upshot of what I'm saying is that no, there's no organised bullying going on. Not that I've seen, and I've been over there. Bullying would involve actively engaging the person and directing vitriol at them. All I see is some kind of bilious shouting into a big box. It's like someone sent the same PM five times, which I'll wager they did here, in private, before any backup board was made anyway.

The other thing to consider is that of the moaning I saw, most of it got mocked, or challenged, but you've not seen that, just the snippets that relate to BWW.

Whoever sent BWW that stuff may either think they're doing her a favour, or there's another motive, but whatever the reason, it's not done any good for her or here so far that I can see.

Another other thing to consider is that when I've read discussions around the SotB before on here, it's often been put forward, by those who think nothing is wrong, that those who think the place isn't as it used to be should just go away and post somewhere else instead. It seems like they have.

Buh, talking crap, going to bed. I hope this is all better in the morning.

Almost Yearly

^ One man's Good Egg, another's ginger cunt.

Well what an exciting night. Where I'll be banned from in the morning is anyone's guess. Night.

Neil

slim, I don't want to argue with you, as I think you're one of the good ones.  I know who largely does the majority of the bitching, and know that there are decent folks who've just been swept along, or are (as someone in the other thread said) excited to be in a clique that noone else is meant to know about.

I will clarify a few things, though.

Quote from: "slim"If anyone here can claim they've never sent a PM to someone they liked on here moaning about another poster, or moaned to their partner about an idiot on here, or moaned to their partner or friends about some annoying cunt at work, or moaned about their friends with other friends, then I think they have a right to be offended by what's happened. I think it'll be a small percentage of people though.

The PM analogy was put forward by AY in the other thrad, and I disagreed with it there.  Briefly, I believe it's fallacious because PM's are a one-on-one thing.   The "bitchboard" is a hand-picked clique of 25 posters, who are coming to a consensus, and then imposing that consensus on here...with the impression that it's just come about by chance.

QuoteThe bits BWW posted, as she said, is just stuff she's seen because it's about her. It's a tiny amount of the stuff that gets posted over there. If I secretly tape recorded conversations with friends of mine one drunken evening about other acquaintances, and then played the most horrible highlights ("Did you see her hair?!", "Oh god, she's telling the China story again.", etc.) to said acquaintances, it's not going to end well, is it?

My position has been, though, that this sort of thing shouldn't be going on at all.  A forum dedicated to bitching about another forum is really pathetic.  And it's coordinated bullying, whether you agree with that assessment or not.

BWW is a good example, in fact.  

I mentioned in my thread how targets had been picked over there, and then attacked over here.  Then I conceded that - fair enough - it mightn't even be intentional.  I stick by that - but what is happening is that a hierarchy is being imposed on this place.  

Now, I mentioned in the other thread, as I say, how targets are being picked, and then attacked.  I gave the specific example of Wilbur, for example.  Now that I've seen BWW's post, I can see that the exact same thing has happened to her.  She has been bitched about on the bitchboard (in a fucking personal manner, not by yourself admittedly), and then this week, she was subjected to an attack by one of the clique members.  He was then congratulated for "breaking rank" and having a go at her.

That's coordinated bullying as far as I'm concerned.

It is also exactly what I was complaining about.  That is exactly the reason I've moaned about these secretive hand-selected forums.  I think it's disgraceful, and I think it's really cowardly.

QuoteSome time back someone on here mentioned some kind of fighting forum where anything went? Is that what's missing?

I dunno.  Maybe?!  I am, as always, open to suggestions.  In fact, I specifically asked people to suggest new temporary forums just before xmas.  Noone bothered, that i can recall.

QuoteThe other thing to consider is that of the moaning I saw, most of it got mocked, or challenged, but you've not seen that, just the snippets that relate to BWW.

I've seen more than her, I think, and - with respect - I'd have to seriously disagree.  Bear in mind the previous boards, and the fact that I've seen all the content.

QuoteAnother other thing to consider is that when I've read discussions around the SotB before on here, it's often been put forward, by those who think nothing is wrong, that those who think the place isn't as it used to be should just go away and post somewhere else instead. It seems like they have.

No.  They've posted there and here.  That's the problem, along with the stuff I have previously mentioned in this post.  As I tried to get across earlier in the week, if people dislike the place that much that they NEED to sit bitching about it in secret, they should really just leave.  As I've said to you before, how  are they going to think anything else of the place, when they just sit bitching about it every day?  The people who don't do that don't seem to have a problem with it.  They do, sometimes, but not to the massive extent that The Clique do.  It's obvious, innit?

People from there are coming over here JUST to tut at times.

ffogems

Quote from: "Slim"Kitchen stuff.
I think that's a really flimsy analogy. In this instance somebody has gone to the trouble of building an entire second kitchen, some distance away. Members of this second kitchen then go to the other kitchen to poach people they like back to their aristocratic periscope party. It's really not comparable to a brief kitchen sink gossip. I just think it's wonderfully pathetic, and yes, certain things should be limited to a furtive PM, but this is an entirely new 'base' that's been built on which to do it, and that is really quite juvenile.

Part Chimp

The other forum appears to be headed: "Neil is a wee bit of a liar and post editor! Forum Index"

I think if I found myself running/contributing to something like that I'd have to ask some serious questions about what I was doing with my life.

Utter Shit

Generally speaking I don't see that words expressed on one forum will have an effect on another forum but, if what you say is true and people on the Clique forum are targetting people on here, then it's pretty simple I'd say, Neil - ask them to stop. If they stop, great. If they don't stop, the stock response will be something along the lines of "you don't run our board, so fuck off", in which case your reply can be "No, I run this board, so you can fuck off" and ban them. This place isn't a democracy, if you want rid of someone then as owner it's your liberty to do so.

Say, for example, you opened up a fighting forum - but the plan backfired and it turned out that the new forum was to the detriment of the forum. Simple solution - get rid of the new forum. Same with these posters - if you feel their existence here is detrimental to the forum, then sack them off. I doubt you'll find much argument outside of the people who frequent that forum, particularly given what's happened here...it's not like you would be being unreasonable. Give them the option to stop, and if they don't then tell them to fuck off. It's that simple.

I am more than willing to put myself forward as one of the new breed of potential cunts to form a clique in the future. I would also like to nominate thewomb and other people who generally agree with me. My proposed targets for attack would include anyone who posts negatively about Gervais, anyone with less than 100 posts, anyone who posts in a topic about a sport other than football and anyone who uses non-existent quotes to back up there argument.

Neil

Quote from: "Part Chimp"The other forum appears to be headed: "Neil is a wee bit of a liar and post editor! Forum Index"

I think if I found myself running/contributing to something like that I'd have to ask some serious questions about what I was doing with my life.

As I said - sad even by internet standards.

ffogems

Quote from: "Utter Shit"anyone who posts in a topic about a sport other than football and anyone who uses non-existent quotes to back up there argument and I'm a massive cunt

Nobody does that, stop being a massive cunt.