Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:47:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Naming nimmy fucking names

Started by Banana Woofwoof, January 05, 2007, 01:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Almost Yearly

Quote from: "Neil"Now that I've seen BWW's post, I can see that the exact same thing has happened to her.  She has been bitched about on the bitchboard (in a fucking personal manner), and then this week, she was subjected to an attack by one of the clique members.  He was then congratulated for "breaking rank" and having a go at her.
That's me that is, damn, now I want to defend myself before bed. One could argue that peer pressure made me do it, and that might be impossible for me to disprove, save perhaps for an absence of actual goading from the bitchboard prior to said irritated post. To prove it would go some way to proving your idea of the way these alleged group bullying things work. I would say it was an age issue which got my goat. I wonder what BWW reckons, because that matters more than what you reckon, in a ratio of roughly one to zero.

Neil

Quote from: "Almost Yearly"That's me that is, damn, now I want to defend myself before bed. One could argue that peer pressure made me do it, and that might be impossible for me to disprove, save perhaps for an absence of actual goading from the bitchboard prior to said irritated post. To prove it would go some way to proving your idea of the way these alleged group bullying things work. I would say it was an age issue which got my goat. I wonder what BWW reckons, because that matters more than what you reckon, in a ratio of roughly one to zero.

Do you think you're exempt from peer pressue, then?  Bearing in mind a) you were the first person to object to The Clique and b) the comment you made to me personally earlier in the week.

Utter Shit

The internet is SERIOUS BUSINESS. I reckon Almost Yearly is running scared.

Borboski

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

I'm pissed off that I wasn't invited, therefore the clique must die!!!

EDIT: I hope that doesn't look like I'm taking the piss. It actually is my position.

mothman

Y'know, this is one of the most interesting, but least-community-driven, messageboards I've ever visited. There IS a community here - as well as the alleged secret community that the Clique are supposed to be - but I don't feel part of it. I just read posts (half the time never even looking to see who's written them) and make the occasional contribution. How I've managed to amass a coupla thousand posts this way is beyond me! I don't know if anything I've ever said has been received positively or negatively, or  - more likely - read (if even that) and forgotten.

Mostly I keep my opinions to myself because they're my opinions, and I couldn't be bothered to spend a lot of time defending them. Which says a lot about my perceptions of this place, that I would expect some twat to take exception largely for the hell of it. So I'll just go right ahead with keeping my head down and reading amusing threads like this one. I wouldn't change anything here, although I'd not miss the bullying culture that does exist.

(shit - I did have a point to make, but having written all that I'm fucked if I can remember what it was)

sproggy

For the record, I'd like to say that I never slagged no-one off who didn't not deserve it.

Timmay

Quote from: "earlier in this thread, Neil"Choice quote ahoy...and bear in mind all the bollocks that was talked about there being 'no bitching on the "bitchboard"'

QuoteI'm torn with this place. Either I never paid enough attention before with the other second boards, or it's just this particular place, but it strikes me as the "behind the bike sheds" forum. And not in the good way - no touching up and getting off with nubile young girls in their school uniforms. If it was here to discuss other stuff, aside from CaB, then fine. But it seems to simply be an area where the elite (read: people who have been PM'd the address) come to bitch about non-elite (read: people who haven't been PM'd the address) CaB board members, when they don't have the balls to say what they want or mean on the main board.

It's fair enough to let off some steam once in a while (ie. that SUCHANDSUCH's a cunt, after he posts something cuntish on the board), but I find out of the blue/unwarranted comments like yours Queue, a little unnecessary and smacks of either jealousy (can't see that somehow) or just a general bitch-factor (possible). I realise she's been a whiney cow in the past, but seeing as she's not even posted anything in a couple of weeks, let alone anything whiney, you can't just let it lie. Have to get a stab in there.
Definitely no bitching.  Absolutely definitely done.
I thought people had conceded that bitching is done? I don't know at what point that was conceded, or whether people backtracked over it, but as has been said many times before, bitching will happen anywhere, over any medium, about anything or anyone. Even here. Oh, and that post was in reference to a specific couple of instances in close proximity, which got my goat.

However Neil, you really are one for selective quoting. As Frinky is now banned from over here - and I also note that you've not publicly made it obvious, as you do with every other banning with a nice "BANNED" sign where their avatar usually is (why is that?) - I'm sure he won't mind me posting his retort to my "choice" post you quoted.

Quote from: "Frinky"
Quote from: "Frinky"Part of the reason behind me creating this place was to try to rope the creative/clever whores into one, easy-to-reach, damp pocket.*
And it'll get there, eventually. As I told the first batch of people that I PM'd, I was hoping that slowly some creative non-CaBs were going to join, too. When SG's board closed, people passed around other invites (who did you get yours off?) and I think the assumption ended up being that this is the bitchboard. Which it isn't (supposed to be) and hence the lack of certain peoples. As for the "elite" thing - this board is invite only, hidden and closed becuase SG got a lot of trouble for the last one he had (which is why it closed, becuase he couldn't be arsed). Wanting an easy life, I don't want to deal with that, so I would like to keep this under wraps. Secondly, there are loads of posters desperate to become clique kings or queens, and would feel the need to sign up here to be part of the "in" crowd when there's really no point in them being here. If someone sets up a bitchboard proper, then I'm fine with that.
I don't know what this is going to achieve, probably nothing, but it at least covers the other side of the story to your choice quote.

Thanks to you, people now think that there has been some subversive organised gathering of the clique, or "elite" (hah, fuck off, I'm there for one thing), when if you actually look at who is there, the vast majority of them are there for their creative skills, as Frinky said the aim was; whether that's photography, film-making, writing or whatever. That, or because they're subversively banned from here anyway. This isn't cherry picking - it's little more than me PMing you and a few others to tell you about (and invite you to) a great new music forum, or any kind of forum.

If a few members of CaB organise and meet in a pub and don't tell anyone, that's fine?

If a few members of CaB organise and meet on another forum and don't tell anyone, that should also be fine?

If a member of CaB sets up another forum, and invites a few members of CaB onto it, that should also be fine?

Where do we draw the line? By being a CaB member, should you be privy to everything that is ever said about you? Is that a special right of yours? I'm sure I've said loads of things about all of you, in my head, but I'll be fucked if I'm gonna tell you. Yes yes, it's not posted on a forum, and colluding with other people, on another forum, blah blah. For all you know, I could be running my own ultra-exclusive forum, in fact, fuck it, I'll admit it, I am. Or am I? We'll never know, and it's because of the unhelpful cunt who's made stuff public, thinking that they're helping things that we're in this shit.

Still, it's a good thing, I think. Clear the air.

Purple Tentacle

Oh. Here's fun.

OK, first I'll clear a couple of things up.

Neil, I like you, genuinely. I like you when you go crazy mental mad at people. Then you go crazy mental mad at me and THE JUDASCLIQUE, and I don't like you so much. Does this make me a massive hypocrite? Well, yes, obviously.

Everything I said on that locked thread (I really do wish you hadn't locked it) was true. I think your witchhunt is silly and paranoid, what your 'inside man' there has forwarded is from one thread isn't it? I know people have forwarded details of the 90% of other threads that contain 0% bitching, especially the one about pooh which is my favouritest things I have ever created. The thread that is, not pooh.

Again, the whole idea of the 'Clique' is a tongue-in-cheek joke that seems to have been used to bite us on the arse. Frinky is speaking THE TRUTH about it being a 'creative board', he really is, he's even invited his mates along to share creative shit and that. Naturally loads of posters on there are from here, but it's in no way a 'rival board' or any such nonsense, certainly no more rival than the MSN messages I have with GAZZYK1S AND IMITATIONLEATHER. YES! I talk to CaB posters off board! Sometimes about tits!

Incidentally, I'd love the person who's been imagining that they're James fucking Bond to own up now, it's the decent thing to do.

Now, I've been angry the past few days because of the banning of

Frinky
TraceyQ
Surferghost

I know this is your board, and in the past I've said that you should do what the fuck you like, but it's a bit off to ban them without even mentioning it. They don't even have banned next to their profiles. Without wanting to sound hysterical, it's all a bit hit-squad-in-the-night, innit?  What I think EVERYONE would like is an explanation as to why they were banned, especially since we had to put up with Boing for christ knows how long, and we even had a blody VOTE to decide whether DEKIONPLEXIS should be banned for incessently posting about anal rape.

Please don't think that I'm angrily shouting, demanding that you relesase the prisoners AT ONCE, but on the other hand, it really isn't fair if they have been banned for daring to use another board.  If that IS the reason they've been banned, then ban me. I am 100% serious, I'm not calling your bluff or anything, but since I'm the highest poster on the UBERCLIQUE (surprise!), it really is only fair.
If, on the other hand, your dog has been run over by a impractical stainless steel mobile deathtrap, and you saw a shoe-obsessed brummie and what looked like a cross between Jack Bauer and Eddie Izzard running away from the scene of the crime, then don't ban me, and I'll join in the tutting.

Please, just tell us the reason why they've been banned, and why I haven't.

Right, now onto responding to the posts I made on a PRIVATE message board. Christ, I feel like Bill Clinton justifying a blow-job.

Firstly, the idea of being in an UBERCLIQUE makes me rub my nipples in pleasure. Yes, the comments I made about 'WE, THE CLIQUE' are massively tongue-in-cheek, as everybody picked up on. I revel in the persona of smoking behind the bike-sheds, away from teacher.

"Who had bigger tits, DG or Tracey?"  - Heh, Tracey was right offended and pissed off when I said that. Was that quoted? And she didn't answer.

Peking O and DevlinC, I've called you twats to your 'face' a couple of times, because you're twats. No love lost there.

BWW, well, it's a fair cop innit? I said I was too spineless to have a go at your face, and I am. Well, there we go. I hold a lot back on here because I often want a quiet life, and have horrific visions of having to stay up all night justifying every single comment I make.  Just ignore me at any future meets, like what we do anyway. I can't fucking stand the endless threads about your depression and your boyfriend and your wrists though, although I learned to stop saying so because it's probably not fair to piss on your parade, people seem to enjoy ghouling over them, and it makes me look like a cunt. The last point is probably moot now, but, well.

The point, hammered home once more, is that it is NOT a bitchboard, it has been selectively quoted, and no you can't join. It's not a private little board for the cream of CaB to lord it over the others, if it was then Huzzie, Deadman97, Al Tha FUnkee Sapien, Mr Analytical, mayer, weekender, Mundays, the Unicorn, and TONNES of others that I remember offhand, sorry, would also be invited. It's a private board to talk about photographs, Star Trek and pooh.

Neil, I'd really like a response one way or another to the bannings mentioned. As I said before, I do like you, I think the work you've put into the site is astounding, I genuinely love this place as my ludicrous postcount indicates, but I think you've acted the arse over this whole situation.

In summary, dispassionate.

phantom_power

surely the problem isn't that people are bitching about others on another board. that is their right really, though it does them no credit. the problem is when that bitching leads to past disagreements festering away on the 'other' board only to pop up on here when one party has no idea what is going on. or someone being bitched about on the other board and people coming on here and sniggering about it and refering to it in a sly way to take the pisss. that is pretty horrid behaviour and worth outing.

Timmay

Quote from: "phantom_power"surely the problem isn't that people are bitching about others on another board. that is their right really, though it does them no credit. the problem is when that bitching leads to past disagreements festering away on the 'other' board only to pop up on here when one party has no idea what is going on. or someone being bitched about on the other board and people coming on here and sniggering about it and refering to it in a sly way to take the pisss. that is pretty horrid behaviour and worth outing.
Agreed, but is that really any different to MSN conversations, or having private jokes at a meet, and then making sly mentions to them here? You can't control it unfortunately, and it's not Frinky's fault for setting up a forum for one purpose, and it gets used for something else. Bit like blaming Microsoft for creating messenger, which I've used to call everyone on here a cunt, to PT. Actually, I'm pissed that PT hasn't deemed me important enough to invite ME onto his MSN contact list. Fucking clique.

thepuffpastryhangman

I'm not sure which is more pathetic, the clique board bitching online or slim's crew bitching in the kitchen at parties between praising Kitson.

As for
Quote from: "Almost Yearly"Top (cliqueboard) threads:...I hate thepuffpastryhangman
I've no objection whatsoever to such threads, here, there or anywhere.

Quote from: "Frinky"Yeah, me and Trace have been fucking for a couple of years now
Do you let her go on top so she can keep an eye on her kids? [/Calf]

Seriously though, good luck to the pair of you. Your romance has obviously allowed you both to blossom in to well rounded contented individuals. You've moved on to become higher beings, fuelled entirely by love, devoid of petty squabbles, jealousy and hate. What a wonderful world.

slim

Quote from: "Neil"slim, I don't want to argue with you, as I think you're one of the good ones. I know who largely does the majority of the bitching, and know that there are decent folks who've just been swept along, or are (as someone in the other thread said) excited to be in a clique that noone else is meant to know about.
No need to argue, I just wanted to offer a different viewpoint is all. You're (un)lucky enough to have read some of it, as is BWW, there's an awful lot of people probably filling in gaps with their imagination. Just thought it was worth trying a different tack.

Quote from: "Neil"The PM analogy was put forward by AY in the other thrad, and I disagreed with it there. Briefly, I believe it's fallacious because PM's are a one-on-one thing. The "bitchboard" is a hand-picked clique of 25 posters, who are coming to a consensus, and then imposing that consensus on here...with the impression that it's just come about by chance.
There is a difference with PMs, yes. If anyone posted my PMs to another poster or up on here, for example, I'd be fucking furious, because they're private. In a way, that other board is private too, what with it being closed membership, but no, it's not the same thing really.

I did mention about bitching with friends about other friends, though, which I think stands up. I meet up with people I'd consider good friends, sometimes quite a few of us, and sometimes we'll moan about X and Y because there's some annoying aspect about them. These things often come about, for example, if one person in a relationship is close to a friend who has their own relationship and the partners on either side don't like each other. Or perhaps one person in a large group has a partner who's quite a lot of a twat, and they're too loved up to see it. I'm just saying it happens in real life, and I would expect it to happen here too.

The key thing really is that it's never, in whatever medium, intended for further dissemination nor for the person it's about.

I'll happily call X's Y a cunt, but not to their face, because I have a group of friends to maintain. I'm all for cutting dickheads out of my life, I've done it often enough, but sometimes circumstances dictate not rocking the boat. I can see how not wanting to bring the whole mood of a forum down could provide enough impetus to moan seemingly in secret with people you think agree with you.

Quote from: "Neil"My position has been, though, that this sort of thing shouldn't be going on at all. A forum dedicated to bitching about another forum is really pathetic. And it's coordinated bullying, whether you agree with that assessment or not.
I've said I don't think that's why it was set up. I'm trusting enough to think that's true. I would say my assessment might be different if I were over here and there were a load of moaning about me over there so I guess it's down to personal position.

There really is a lot more than just a few people moaning about some posters here.

Quote from: "Neil"I mentioned in my thread how targets had been picked over there, and then attacked over here. Then I conceded that - fair enough - it mightn't even be intentional. I stick by that - but what is happening is that a hierarchy is being imposed on this place.

Now, I mentioned in the other thread, as I say, how targets are being picked, and then attacked. I gave the specific example of Wilbur, for example. Now that I've seen BWW's post, I can see that the exact same thing has happened to her. She has been bitched about on the bitchboard (in a fucking personal manner, not by yourself admittedly), and then this week, she was subjected to an attack by one of the clique members. He was then congratulated for "breaking rank" and having a go at her.
Well, as with here, I don't read *everything* over there, but I really don't believe from what I've read since this thread (looking at context of things BWW has been told) that any of it was intended as some sort of assault, otherwise it'd be over here. Was it PT who posted on here about BWW? Can't remember. PT seems to me to be exactly the kind of person who'd do that anyway, regardless of another board or not - can you see him being prompted into it? I'd say it's more likely he was jokingly parading it happening around the other place because he felt it'd go down well and be funny. That does seem to be the motive of 99.9% of his posts, after all. PT's his own cunt, I reckon.

As I said to you by PM, I was one of the people who aped Wilbur's posting style. It'd been done before, if I remember correctly, and I certainly wasn't deliberately attacking him. It was an affectionate parody (I seem to remember posting over there that it was an addictive and fun way to post) and something I'd discussed with other people before as humorous. I honestly believe the same continuation of the theme, as in the thread where I posted about London jazz clubs, would've happened without any other board. Didn't people here who don't post there notice it and join in?

It was never intended as bullying or coordinated and I hope he doesn't see it that way.

Quote from: "Neil"I dunno. Maybe?! I am, as always, open to suggestions. In fact, I specifically asked people to suggest new temporary forums just before xmas. Noone bothered, that i can recall.
Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm remembering properly - I thought I'd read lamenting about some separate part of this forum, from before my time here, for when the subject of infighting between posters comes up. Kind of like, "Take it to PM or email." but still in public, with no judging, just harsh words.

If that's what it was, then it might do the world of good to have it back.

Quote from: "Neil"I've seen more than her, I think, and - with respect - I'd have to seriously disagree. Bear in mind the previous boards, and the fact that I've seen all the content.
Heh, more than me then. What about the other threads about pooing, christmas, me moaning (again) about RL stuff, celebrity porn, free chocolate, star trek, stamps, god, work fuckups, etc? They outnumber any moaning threads by a load from what I can see.

The board you shut down was bitchy, yeah, and I'm pretty sure I stuck up for someone who got moaned about because I quite liked them, but that's gone now, and this one is all I can see, and I think it doesn't look as bad as you fear.

Quote from: "Neil"As I tried to get across earlier in the week, if people dislike the place that much that they NEED to sit bitching about it in secret, they should really just leave.
I took a break from here this year because it was getting right up my nose, and now I feel less annoyed, in the main, having done so. Perhaps that's a good option too.

Quote from: "ffogems"I think that's a really flimsy analogy. In this instance somebody has gone to the trouble of building an entire second kitchen, some distance away. Members of this second kitchen then go to the other kitchen to poach people they like back to their aristocratic periscope party. It's really not comparable to a brief kitchen sink gossip. I just think it's wonderfully pathetic, and yes, certain things should be limited to a furtive PM, but this is an entirely new 'base' that's been built on which to do it, and that is really quite juvenile.
I don't agree:

1) I really believe it wasn't set up just to bitch
2) As far as I know PT, I'd wager the list of people to poach was just a joke reaction to accusations of overwhelming negativity.

I still think the analogy stands. You've got to expect on here, with so many people, some of the stuff you get in real life. It's fine to not want it, either online or in RL, but it happens and you deal with it. That's what seems to be happening now.

I just don't see the need for the confrontation really - I can only assume what was written about BWW wasn't intended for her eyes. I'd be a bit annoyed if someone sent me a detailed PM of talkings about me held elsewhere - I don't want to know! If you guys dislike me, and I know some of you do, then fine, bitch about me all you like, but don't show me it.

Neil

Quote from: "Timmay"I thought people had conceded that bitching is done?

A tiny bit, they said.  The thing that interests me is that there's apparently so much even some of The Clique feel bad aobut it.  Particularly given the very personal nature of a lot of it.  I am so fucking glad I didn't go to the meets.

QuoteHowever Neil, you really are one for selective quoting. As Frinky is now banned from over here - and I also note that you've not publicly made it obvious, as you do with every other banning with a nice "BANNED" sign where their avatar usually is (why is that?) - I'm sure he won't mind me posting his retort to my "choice" post you quoted.

I'd rather his posts weren't quoted over here, thanks.  He's not welcome, in any way shape or form.

You're way wrong on the "banned" thing Tim.  One person has that as far as I'm aware: Boing.  And that's an automatic process when the three strikes are issued, and a permanent bad is selected.  Couldn't be arsed doing that by hand, really.

I think it's obvious from this thread, and from my own thread earlier in the week, that he's been removed.

As for the quote (excuse) itself, I don't buy it I'm afraid!  How many posts is there in the creative forum?  Sorry, how many post is there in the creative forum?  Ratio of creative post to bitching posts?

And, frankly, UYA is dead, and begging out for people to use it to create stuff.  So gain, I'm not buying the excuse, sorry.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Neil"As for the quote (excuse) itself, I don't buy it I'm afraid!  How many posts is there in the creative forum?  Sorry, how many post is there in the creative forum?  Ratio of creative post to bitching posts?

The seperate 'Creative Forum' is about 3 days old, and now has a few threads in it, more active ones than in UYA in fact. Interesting that your data is a few days old.

Were you forwarded a full and entire list of posts and threads by your glamourous, dashing and brave Harry Palmer on the inside, or just edited highlights?

Almost Yearly

We've done that, it's just the WOMD.

Quote from: "Utter Shit"The internet is SERIOUS BUSINESS. I reckon Almost Yearly is running scared.
Close; I'm having a cup of tea. I know that's what you mean.

Quote from: "Eight Taiwanese Teenagers"I'm pissed off that I wasn't invited, therefore the clique must die!!!

EDIT: I hope that doesn't look like I'm taking the piss. It actually is my position.
Then I doff my cap sir.

(I wouldn't've posted this if it meant a bump.)

Deadman97

In the spirit of coming clean, which one of the "secrect creativity board" wants to own up to Voluntary Mastectomy?

Neil

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"The seperate 'Creative Forum' is about 3 days old, and now has a few threads in it, more active ones than in UYA in fact. Interesting that your data is a few days old.

The forum was set up for creativitiy, suppoedly, but the creative part was only set up 3 days ago, whereas the bitching part was set up since November?

I see.

mothman

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"It's a private board to talk about photographs, Star Trek and pooh.

Now I wanna join. Er, for the Star Trek, probably. I have a website and everything.

Still Not George

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Were you forwarded a full and entire list of posts and threads by your glamourous, dashing and brave Harry Palmer on the inside, or just edited highlights?
Gotta love the messenger shooting theme. Maybe he belongs to yet another gorup of special friends that's infiltrated yours? It could be wheels within wheels, like in that program with the aliens.

Timmay

Quote from: "Neil"A tiny bit, they said.  The thing that interests me is that there's apparently so much even some of The Clique feel bda aobut it.  Particularly given the very personal nature of a lot of it.  I am so fucking glad I didn't go to the meets.
Haha, you're funny. As I said, that quote was in relation to a specfic couple of instances which got my goat.

QuoteYou're way wrong on the "banned" thing Tim.  One person has that as far as I'm aware: Boing.  And that's an automatic process when the three strikes are issued, and a permanent bad is selected.

I think it's obvious from this thread, and from my own thread earlier in the week, that he's been removed.
Fair enough, I guess we've had so few bannings on here (well, you've probably doubled the number in the last few weeks), I was basing my knowledge on Boing's example.

QuoteAs for the quote (excuse) itself, I don't buy it I'm afraid!  How many posts is there in the creative forum?  Sorry, how many post is there in the creative forum?  Ratio of creative post to bitching posts?

And, frankly, UYA is dead, and begging out for people to use it to create stuff.  So gain, I'm not buying the excuse, sorry.
Dear oh dear, this path is well trodden now but you just don't get it. The main forum on there isn't for bitching, and the other one for creative stuff. The main forum is for random shit, GD if you will, and the creative one is for creative stuff. Yes, as with GD, there is a small percentage of bitching in the random one. If you need this reiterated again, then, well, I dunno... I'll send you a tattoo template if you like.

EDIT: Oh, and at PT mentioned, if people are being banned for being members of boards elsewhere, then I'll fall on the sword too.

Mr. Analytical

I really think people need to step away from the internet for a couple of hours and clear their heads because we're heading towards a really fucking horrible place.

Firstly, Neil - while this is your board, there is a community here and banning people without a mention for reasons largely unclear is a good way of making everyone, clique or not, feel a little bit antsy and uncomfortable.  I mean... who is next?

Secondly, the idea that there's a second forum out there with hand-picked members is MASSIVELY divisive.  Especially when Frink gets quoted saying "Oh it's only for the clever creative 'whores" thereby implying that the rest of us are lazy dullards.

Thirdly, forums always have cliques but the means of communication for a clique shape that clique's character just as much as the reasons for the clique's creation in the first place.  Yes you could have an unpublicised meet and talk about how we're all cunts or do a "Neil's a paranoid cunt, pass it on" IM thing but the partial anonymity as well as the ease of posting to a forum mean that putting up a thread badmouthing someone on here is ALWAYS going to be more damaging than slagging them off any other way.

I think we should be very careful where we go now because if we're not careful, this place could tear itself in two and I've seen it happen and yes the problems were caused by people having secondary back-up boards away from the main forum.

So can we stop with the bannings and the accusations and the moral one-up-manship and the increasingly ridiculous arguments by analogy and maybe try and work out where we go from here and where everyone stands.

I mean, do we really want these clique people to just completely fuck off?

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Neil"
Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"The seperate 'Creative Forum' is about 3 days old, and now has a few threads in it, more active ones than in UYA in fact. Interesting that your data is a few days old.

The forum was set up for creativitiy, suppoedly, but the creative part was only set up 3 days ago, whereas the bitching part was set up since November?

I see.

For fuck's sake, no, there are creative threads in the bulk forum,  before Frinky decided to create a seperate forum.

I'm skiving work to write here, please could you respond to my big cathartic post on the previous page so I may wank at the attention?

Neil

I'm not sure I can reply to all this stuff, I've been up all nigth trying to work out if this place is under a ddos attack.  Plus it's again going to be me against an entire clique, isn't it?  

I'll tell you where the clique went wrong, though.  Frinky told people specifically not to mention the new forum to me when inviting people, because he knew I was very pissed off at Surferghost starting up a new bitchboard, and under the CaB name.  I also hovered on there, which everyone knew, and that stopped a certain amount of the bitching.

However, it's easy to just write me off as "having a hissy fit".  The problem is, you can't do that with Ambient Sheep, and he's not got net access now, correct?  Therefore the bitching - which he would rightly have stood on, much more effectively and authoratively than myself - has gone unchecked, and got a lot more personal because of that.

slim

Quote from: "thepuffpastryhangman"I'm not sure which is more pathetic, the clique board bitching online or slim's crew bitching in the kitchen at parties between praising Kitson.
Hahahahahaha.

Timmay

Quote from: "Neil"I'll tell you where the clique went wrong, though.  Frinky told people specifically not to mention the new forum to me when inviting people
Not me. Good luck with the ddos attack thing though, although I suspect it's just the number of people on here with the excitement! Maybe we need a backup board...

<runs>