Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:30:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Worst Record Ever?

Started by Ciarán2, January 07, 2007, 11:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulTMA

Quote from: thecuriousorange on July 29, 2009, 12:22:14 AM

And also "the first time Elvis has been on CD, haha reet" according to Gazza himself in that Tom Hibbert "Who The Hell" interview.

The Masked Unit

Quote from: dredd on July 29, 2009, 08:26:10 AM
This is quite bad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TH5ibABP4U&feature=fvw

If wanting to kill somebody based purely on a haircut is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Quietly Pissangel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3DlJLyBiZQ

I heard my housemate listening to this and thought it was some sort of joke, but they're a real band and everything. Thankfully it doesn't seem to have become a hit despite being featured in a Talk Talk advert.

I have also seen it performed live.

chand

This is quite bad:

Ugh, that's the sort of thing that's pretty much objectively bad on every level, and all the worse for the fact that it's protected under some level of irony and knowingness. You just know that any form of criticism is probably exactly what they want. Heh, I like the 'Critical reception' bit of their Wiki page:

QuoteMetal Edge Magazine has called Brokencyde "fucking horrendous".[10] Thrash Magazine has called them "a mockery to the world of music".[11] Another metal magazine, Decibel, has repeatedly made fun of the band, mentioning them in a interview with the group Big Business, and once ironically referring to then as their "favorite screamo-crunk band". British commentator Warren Ellis calls Brokencyde's "Freaxxx" music video "a near-perfect snapshot of everything that's shit about this point in the culture".[12] Says August Brown of the Los Angeles Times, "The 'Albucrazy'-based band has done for MySpace emo what some think Soulja Boy did for hip-hop: turn their career into a kind of macro-performance art that exists so far beyond the tropes of irony and sincerity that to ask 'are they kidding?' is like trying to peel an onion to get to a perceived central core that, in the end, does not exist and renders all attempts to reassemble the pieces futile."[13]

"If this is the future of rock music, we're fucking outta here", - wrote Kerrang! in it's January 2009 What the F* is up with Screamo Crunk feature. Placing the 'irritation factor' mark at level "very high", the magazine concluded - "Thanks to their tacky, lightweight and frankly rubbish sound, they've probably only got a shelf life of about six months". [14]

alan nagsworth

chand that's the most beautifully angry stab at modern culture I've read since... well, since the winds of fashionable shit changed direction slightly to match the current climate of cunts. So, like, since 5 minutes ago basically. Still, awesome. I haven't even heard the song or heard of what Screamo Crunk might actually entail, and I think judging by my reaction to that quote, it's best I stay the fuck away.

Serge

Quote from: PaulTMA on July 29, 2009, 01:36:29 PM
And also "the first time Elvis has been on CD, haha reet" according to Gazza himself in that Tom Hibbert "Who The Hell" interview.

That was the first thing that came to my mind! Damn, I wish I still had my book of collected 'Who The Hell' interviews!

samadriel

This is quite bad:

Three stars!  Considering even that "Metro Station" "song" has fucking five-and-a-half stars (and people only ever vote "6" or "1"), that's pretty damning; about eight and a half thousand 1s?  From youtube viewers, no less!

PaulTMA

Quote from: Serge on July 29, 2009, 11:58:01 PM
That was the first thing that came to my mind! Damn, I wish I still had my book of collected 'Who The Hell' interviews!

"I'm daft, but I wouldn't say I'm daft as a brush"

Bonus hilarity points for referring to George Best as a "scum bastard"