Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:34:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Alan Partridge cancer ad

Started by Niall Quim, March 21, 2004, 07:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niall Quim

Allo.

Did a search and didn't come up with anything. Not quite sure now if I imagined it, but yesterday I was flicking through the channels (as you do) and on VH2 there was an ad with Alan Partridge sat in a radio studio (sans Radio Norwich paraphenalia, if I remember correctly) talking about David Bowie and Gareth Gates and record sales in relation to their speech impediments. It went on for a couple of minutes, then at the end, it turned out to be some kind of cancer research/awareness ad, with a slogan along the lines of "Not everyone had the same teenage years as Alan."

It was all very fleeting and bizarre. And I honestly am not sure if I've made it up or not. Anyone else noticed it doing the rounds?

Pseudopath

Alan Partridge is presenting one night of the Teenage Cancer Trust shows at the Royal Albert Hall (29th March - 2nd April), so I would imagine that this was the cause behind the commercial.

More info available at:http://www.teencancer.org/z/pages/rah/rah2004/rah2004.html

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Yes, I caught a couple today  - one about The Sweet, the other about Marc Bolan.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Yup, I just saw this today, and I'm glad someone mentioned it because it did feel like I'd stumbled across something weird that noone else had seen.  From what I saw, it was fairly random.  It was just a seemingly normal Alan Partridge radio scene and then out of the blue comes the "Kids can get cancer" message.  Quite bizarre.

neveragain

Wednesday 31st March - The Cream of British Comedy hosted by Alan Partridge... is this being televised or radio-casted by any chance? It'll probably be quite good.

Anyway, I saw one of the Alan ads today. The set was great - much more shadowy than usual, gave a sense of foreboding. They also used a great bit of music on the end, which I can't identify or recall. I think the campaign is really quite good, hard to decipher at first but with an appropriate shock factor. '... always reminds me of a fair-to-good Austin Maxi... was only fair-to-good.. if it's not fair-to-good... I just drive around... you forget after a while.... anyway..'

Darrell

That concert is being televised, but only on VH1 or something, which is a shame.

It's also headed by Lucas and Walliams and The Rutles.

king mob

Cancer research have finally dropped the chuggers and are aiming at ABC 1's & students of which the Coogan ad is a small part.
Theres supposed to be more coming in the next few months.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

The ads are terrible anyway. All that sub-John Shuttleworth technical-terms-used-conversationally minutiae shit: 'I'd been looking at some inflatable rafts with Bryan Ferry, but I noticed the seals had superficially perished...'

Rats

I saw one the other day too, it was on after a pixies track on some music channel.

Pinball

bump

the concert is 7.30pm wednesday - anyone know when it's being tv broadcast?