Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:34:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

*** JALOPY 2007 Round 1 ***

Started by Abbie, January 13, 2007, 12:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozman

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

20 minutes of Jalopying time left.

JesusAndYourBush

quadraspazzed

Joy Nktonga

Congratulations for the great work here for round one. You have made my job very hard. I'll be back at 9 tomorrow night to announce the new MiM and post image number two for round number two. Well done all of you again.

ccab

Well if YOU'RE going to swan off for 24hrs I don't see why you shouldn't carry your deadline with you. I'll post my entry when I've finished it.

Fry

Ugh, 24 hours, I'm on big filthy tenterhooks.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

I thought I had til 9pm Monday!! Poo!!

swarfmonkey

Quote from: "ccab"Well if YOU'RE going to swan off for 24hrs I don't see why you shouldn't carry your deadline with you. I'll post my entry when I've finished it.

Rules is rules, mate. There's nothing Joy can do, it's more than his jobs' worth.

Quote from: "Eight Taiwanese Teenagers"I thought I had til 9pm Monday!! Poo!!

Well you're wrong, then.

Flook

Soo glad I made such a big thing about being on the list, ooh pleeese can I play, invisible font, pleeese let me in... and then didn't even bother turning up for the party.

Well done all of you though, some fantastic work there. Especially ATFH and jutl.

Actually given the standard, quite glad I didn't make it

Quote from: "swarfmonkey"

Quote from: "Eight Taiwanese Teenagers"I thought I had til 9pm Monday!! Poo!!

Well you're wrong, then.

I wasn't complaining, just expressing my dissapointment!!

ccab

Quote from: "swarfmonkey"Rules is rules, mate. There's nothing Joy can do, it's more than his jobs' worth.

Rules are Rules eh?

You are quite right, of course. When we first designed this great event, we did enshrine absolute ruthlessness. Strict observation of the rules is paramount. Any player missing the deadline is out on his ear - no matter how moving his excuse. However, the rules aren't limited to the mongers, they also govern the Man in the Middle.

The single most important responsibility of the Man in the Middle is to eliminate at the deadline and promptly post a new source image for the following round.

Joy Nktonga has FAILED to do this, and, if the rules are being strictly enforced, he too is OUT and a new MIM needs to be found in order to continue.

Of course, there's always the miracle of leeway...

If JN eliminates at 9pm today, then the deadline is 9pm today - and everyone is happy.

ccab

Incidentally, I haven't begun a picture yet, but I intend to post one after work, early this evening and when I post it, I expect it to be considered alongside the others, including ETT's, if he also decides to post by that time.

Joy Nktonga

Having reviewed the rules again, I see no mention of MiM needing to eliminate at the deadline. It was also mentioned by Pythov that, to a degree, the MiM gets to enforce and set the rules. During the run-up to the launch I stated that the elimination and posting of the second image would occur 24hrs after the deadline. However, as I've agreed to let the size issues slide this round I shall also let this very first deadline extend to 8.30 this evening. This will allow me a short amount of deliberation time and knock up the list of who's still in, who joins me as MiM2 and who's out through non-participation.

Under advisement I've changed my mind. See my post a few posts below this one.

ccab

Good man. That's a wise choice.

The next round does need to begin promptly after the deadline, though. If you find the relevant thread - 3 or 4 years back - I think (I'm not finding it) you'll see that's an important part of the format. Both Hairy Chin and Assmaster eliminated at the deadline and posted their new images as soon as the eliminations were complete, which is what you should be aiming for here - they were MIMs par excellence, the mimmiest mims imaginable. If you do it your way, it's going to drag - and the point of Jalopy is that it's a quick, snappy alternative to photoshop tennis - you should aim to have it finished in 2 weeks. So be a good MIM and stick to the format, eh?

Hooray! I will do a picture as soon as I get home.

rudi

Mm, Al and jutl delivered beauties, but the whole standard was high.

Fry

Joy Nktonga

I see your point ccab and see that the format is tried and tested. New pics and announcements will be done at/just after the deadline from round two onwards. Sorry for fucking with the format.

Edit to add: From round two onwards, size is important.

micanio

RE: size - is it 800x 600 only or 800x600 or less?

slim

I read it as 800x600.

Although I'm guessing 600x800 is acceptable for those portraitm moments?

We need clarity!

Joy Nktonga

As long as the dimensions are correct I don't suppose it matters if it's portrait or landscape.

Joy Nktonga

List of players who haven't posted yet:
QuoteDeadman97
Lt Plonker
ccab
Beagle 2
mook
Murdo
InfiniteFury
Flook

We do have a new deadline of 8.30 tonight so there's still time!

Also, could somebody host Why I Hate Tables' pic for me as I can't see it? Thanks.

Beagle 2

Yup, I drew a complete blank....

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: "Eight Taiwanese Teenagers"(picture)

Heh. Good punage.

Deadman97

With eight minutes to spare...

Why did he bother?

Joy Nktonga

Many apologies for making you all sit through my rules dilemas. However, the first round is now over. You have all made my job incredibly hard. Favourites of mine include Abbie's, ETT's, DocDaneeka's, jutl's and Fry's. I am pleased announce that JesusAndYourBush will be joining me as MiM for the subsequent rounds. Mainly because he made me see that image again. Also for nicking Marv Orange's joke. Congratulations to everyone for an excellent round.

Those Through:
QuoteDeadman97
slim
DocDaneeka
sproglette
zozman
Abbie
swarfmonkey
fanny splendid
Al Tha Funkee Homosapien
Rubbish Monkey
Why I Hate Tables
Beagle 2
jutl
Pythov
Cardinal Tit Storm
Fry
micanio

MIA:
QuoteLt Plonker
mook
Murdo
InfiniteFury
Flook
ccab

See all new Jalopy 2007 Round 2 Thread!

ccab

Frustratingly, it's a late finish at work. But you're all big enough to manage without me. The extra time at least allowed the squeezing-in of another Galactico.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: "Joy Nktonga"I am pleased announce that JesusAndYourBush will be joining me as MiM
I'm a Mim. Nimmy Nim!