Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:09:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

[Football]: Youtube Goals thread

Started by Toad in the Hole, January 16, 2007, 04:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toad in the Hole

Well, I suggested starting one in the Football thread, so here it is.

Make all my football dreams come true, kids.

Please can you put as much detail as possible about the goal above the video so people know what they're clicking on - goalscorer at least please.

Edit: Here's the Ibrahimovic one to start it off.

Orias

Because I want Pompey to be on page 1 of this thread.

Three from the Fratton Park archives:

Ooh Paddy Berger, Ooh Paddy Berger

D'allessandro, d'allessandro, o-lay, o-lay, o-lay

And, I know he was past it and I know it was only against Barnsley but, Robert Prosinecki...

Shoulders?-Stomach!

GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!

Toad in the Hole

Well re-posted...

Maybe on the first page of the thread someone could post how you embed YouTube vids in phpBB?  I haven't got time to work it out for myself at the moment.

Make me smile

Quote from: "afrayn"Well re-posted...

Maybe on the first page of the thread someone could post how you embed YouTube vids in phpBB?  I haven't got time to work it out for myself at the moment.

Toad in the Hole

Shit, I didn't realise YouTube was so all-encompassing that phpBB had been changed to include it as a command!  Thanks.

AlexS

2 good Zidane compilations [reposts]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7uZf0GtgZK0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=s28KnG37AYs

Plus forget Bobby Carlos, this is the best free kick ever

alex

Sinisa Mihajlovic - 27 career free-kick goals. Legend.

Hypnotoad.

alex

Here's a good one

and a nice compilation

Utter Shit

http://youtube.com/watch?v=90EjMdwWlmU

Best free kick ever in my book. Dwayne DeRosario in the Yank league. complete with Soccer AM-style Yank commentary. Absolutely incredible strike.

Best goal is very difficult to say. I've always had a lot of love for Tony Yeboah's strike against Wimbledon, partly because at no point does he seem to have any control over the ball, he looks clumsy as anything as it bobbles off his knee past a couple of players and then he nearly bursts the ball and breaks the crossbar with his shot. But not the best ever. I'd have to have a think about the best ever.

Utter Shit

Also, that old Paraguay keeper Chilavert scored a ridiculous free kick one time, from in his own half. Someone gets fouled and everyone is arguing, Chilavert sprints upfield and leathers the ball over everyone's head and in, clipping the bar on the way in. It was such a perfect strike, the keeper would really have struggled to save it even if he was right on his line.

Peking O

The keeper probably should have done better, but the way Di Canio controls this for the shot is incredible. He's almost playing keepie-uppie on his way to scoring.

Huzzie

Quote from: "afrayn"

Edit: Here's the Ibrahimovic one to start it off.

George Best

weekender

The defence was piss-poor in both of those goals, I don't think they're that impressive.

Huzzie

They were piss poor defence but both beautiful to watch!

jimmy jazz

Any other player and I'd refuse to believe he meant it...

ccbaxter

This footage appears to have been put through the wash a few too many times, but here ya go anyway - one of my favourite goals of all, by my favourite footballer of all...

Huzzie

Quote from: "jimmy jazz"

Any other player and I'd refuse to believe he meant it...

Yeah, I mentioned when we started posting these vids in the other thread that I could watch and post Bergkamp vids all night. Not often that you get goosebumps watching a player of an opposing team.

Anyway, when I think about Bergkamp besides comparing him with BA Barracus I think of this goal and I, like you would not believe he meant it if it was any other player. Such speed of thought.

Huzzie

CCBaxter.

Tottenham became my 2nd team (if there can be such a thing) in the 80's as they played football which was gorgeous to watch but mostly it was cause of Hoddle. I can't believe he isn't remembered as one of the all time greats of British football. He seems to be some what forgotten, maybe due to going a bit mental when he managed England.

hencole

Matt Le Tissier, a man who I have to respect for sacrficing his carrer to play at Southhampton.

Huzzie

Funny with those Le Tiss goals, there is no gradual build up from the crowd at all, they just aren't expecting a goal.

weekender

Bergkamp did an interview in (I think) the Observer Sport Monthly, where he effectively said "I know a lot of fans in England thought us foreign players were coming here to take money from the Premiership.  We weren't, we were here to play good football and show what we could offer you.  I hope I proved that.  Although the money was nice, obviously".

Which I thought was decent.  A fabulous player - someone who I initially thought was an utter cock both on and off the pitch, but who managed to convince me otherwise through his actions on the pitch in terms of football and off the pitch with the way he conducted himself after moving to the Premiership.

A rare talent, was Bergkamp.

the midnight watch baboon

Looking back at those Le Tiss goals reminded me of what a crap-yet-excellent ground The Dell was, with its bizarrely constructed stands radiating a unique atmosphere from three inches behind the goals- no wonder they were such a force at home back then. Until that awesome force of nature known as Ronny Rosenthal came along, of course.

Orias

Dragan Stojkovic for Yugoslavia vs Spain, Italia 90.  Such great technique and control, his dummy even fools the cameraman.

weirdbeard

Bully for England v the Czechs, 1990.  Perfect pass, perfect control, perfect first time finish, all from outside the box (well, we'll call the finish 17 yards out).  Lovely.

Toad in the Hole

Great goal... what a player Bull was.  Much like Le Tissier, you have to respect him for slightly wasting his career with Wolves.  Unlike Le Tiss, Wolves weren't in the top league for most, if not all of that time.  Shame.