Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:26:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

[Football]: Youtube Goals thread

Started by Toad in the Hole, January 16, 2007, 04:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cack Hen

None of these goals are particularly amazing but...

I still feel excited just watching them again. Best game ever.

weirdbeard

Quote from: "afrayn"Great goal... what a player Bull was.  Much like Le Tissier, you have to respect him for slightly wasting his career with Wolves.  Unlike Le Tiss, Wolves weren't in the top league for most, if not all of that time.  Shame.

Yeah, he never played in the top flight with Wolves.  But he always pulled his weight against top-flight teams in cup games (scoring against Villa, Everton and Sheffield Wednesday amongst others) and did recieve big bids at his peak.  He also scored 2 goals in 4 games in the top-flight for West Brom before moving to Wolves.  So, he could easily have made it as a top-flight player, but his loyalty to Wolves was too much.

Here's his first England goal, away at Scotland on his goal.  He was still technically a Third Division player at this points, Wolves having got promoted a few weeks earlier, but a good 2 months before the start of the Second Division season.  This goal is great, a lesson in knowing where the ball is and top-notch finishing.

Unfortunately, he never got a fair crack of the whip with England.  He didn't really have a good World Cup in the limited time he had, and when Taylor came in, he only gave him one game before ditching him altogether.   Taylor wasn't a fan of his anyway, and tried to sell him to Coventry when becoming Wolves manager.

fastnet

One of the most astonishing performances ever from Rivaldo.

Last game of the season. Barcelona and Valencia battling it out for the final Champions League spot. Valencia only need a draw Barca need the win. This is what happens...

Rivaldo makes it 1-0...

Valencia equalise 1-1. Rivaldo steps up once again...

Valencia equalise again 2-2.
The final 60 seconds of the season. Valencia look to have clinched it, but wait...  

The most amazing hat-trick ever - completed by one of the most amazing goals ever.

the midnight watch baboon

Amazing stuff from the boy Rivaldo there. It's equally astonishing that he played so poorly at Milan.

ninestonecreature

Thanks for those Rivaldo clips- astonishing, and a superlative is yet to be invented for that overhead-kick.

Speaking of awesome hat-tricks, I do recall one Mr Ronny Rosenthal netting a quite ridiculous one for Southampton in a cup-tie a the Dell about 10 years ago. Might have to have a mooch round for that one...

Make me smile

Not a goal, but still a classic Rivaldo moment: