Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:05:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

If Godzilla and Optimus Prime had a fight, who would win?

Started by weekender, January 20, 2007, 11:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If Godzilla and Optimus Prime had a fight, who would win?

Godzilla
29 (48.3%)
Optimus Prime
31 (51.7%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Voting closed: January 20, 2007, 11:58:18 AM

weekender

Godzilla
Height: 50 meters.
Weight: 20,000 metric tons.
Special moves: Atomic breath ray, nuclear pulse, magnetic field generator.
Weaknesses: Electricity, cadmium, anti-nuclear bacteria.

Optimus Prime
Height: 30 meters.
Weight: 12,000 metric tons.
Special moves: Laser rifle, can replace right hand with a glowing energon axe, can turn into a truck.
Weaknesses: Plagued by self-doubt and, more importantly, a conflicted sense of pacifism that often makes him an extremely reluctant warrior.

On the face of it, Godzilla has a clear height and weight advantage, however Optimus Prime has a more impressive array of weaponry.

If they have a fight, who do you think would win, and why?

Slaaaaabs

Anon

Godzilla - never, ever underestimate the power of a sweaty Japanese bloke in a monster suit.

mook

Optimus Prime would piss it. Just look at the picture of Godzilla, he's got the fat cellulite plagued thighs of an obese Floridian beach beast.

fanny splendid

Godzilla.

I go for experience every time. He's been in so many fights, and won, that coupled with his height and weight advantage, I can't see him losing. His Nuclear Pulse would knock out Optimus Prime's machinery, as well as the rest of the Autobots, before they had a chance to do anything.

I think, after a brief bout of chest puffing and eye staring, there would be an uneasy truce between them, anyway.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A good general tip in these pubfights is to go for whoever looks least modelled from turd. Optimus Prime it is- and I hate Transformers.

Beagle 2

Optimus Prime. He's made of metal innit.

Plus, after he retires from transforming, like a footballer he could start a successful haulage business, whereas the job opportunities for 60 ft long lizards with a proven track record of violence and indiscipline are limited to perhaps the police force.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Beagle 2"Optimus Prime. He's made of metal innit.

If the weather has taught us anything over the last few days, it's that when nature falls upon your car, metal can't protect you.

non capisco

Godzilla would be able to call on Godzookie to come and irritate Optimus Prime with his second-banana comic relief antics, giving the giant nuclear lizard the opportunity to kick the robot in the arse whilst its back is turned.

pillockandtwat

Optimus Prime all the way here.

Remember that his metals and electronics and that are from planet Cybertron: he's not made from earthly technology or earthly elements. Godzilla's nuclear pulse might not even effect him. Plus, Godzilla just has the intelligence of a big sentient lizard. Prime's quite smart. Plus, he could transform into a truck to gain distance, then attack from afar. I mean, he's defeated the dinobots, and they're just transformer equivalents of Godzilla. And he's defeated those construction-themed Decepticions that all join up to make a big colossus. Godzilla is toast. He's gas. Come on people.

samadriel

Optimus Prime -never- looked as big as Godzilla in the cartoon.  Godzilla's supposed to be, like, the size of a skyscraper, inne?  Whereas Optimus fits a human in his hand with little room to spare.  So, in short, fuck off, and don't be so nerdy and that sort of thing.

Smackhead Kangaroo

Yes I'm sure the heights are all wrong. Additionally depending on the various versions of Godzilla he gets more absurd powers and moves. If he didn't just step on Optimus then his atomic breath would surely incinerate him instantly.
Also Prime doesn't really have much of an array of weaponry that could do anything to Godzilla's hide AND conversely to Godzilla, each of Optimus' subsequent reincarnations become shitter and weaker

Godzilla is clearly the less athletic of the two but is a big hitter.  If Prime can hold off the punches for long enough, Godzilla will tire, and that's the time to pounce.  Wallop wallop, "I am the greatest!", Parkinson's etc.

Fry

Optimus Prime, I've shot plenty of iguanas before, I assume it's the same principle but 30 times larger.

Smackhead Kangaroo

you'd need a gun thirty times larger than the equivalent for Godzilla, which Optimus doesn't have.

I feel that Optimus is winning out of sheer popularity of personality. There's no other justification for how he could win. And even then I'd much prefer the Megatron Starscream relationship to anything with Optimus.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: "non capisco"Godzilla would be able to call on Godzookie to come and irritate Optimus Prime with his second-banana comic relief antics, giving the giant nuclear lizard the opportunity to kick the robot in the arse whilst its back is turned.
Damn I was gonna say almost exactly the same thing!

Fry

Quote from: "Smackhead Kangaroo"you'd need a gun thirty times larger than the equivalent for Godzilla, which Optimus doesn't have.
Nuh-UH! You know Na-thing!

Cack Hen

Call me naive but I reckon they'd agree to disagree and just be mates.

Brutus Beefcake

Quote from: "non capisco"Godzilla would be able to call on Godzookie to come and irritate Optimus Prime with his second-banana comic relief antics, giving the giant nuclear lizard the opportunity to kick the robot in the arse whilst its back is turned.

Well if he's allowed to do that then Optimus can call in Fortress Maximus to crush Godzilla.

Blumf

It's fucking simple right, Optimus Prime is a robot and thus cooler than some overgrown lizard monster thing.

This goes double if it ends up in a 'dance off'.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Godzilla couldn't kick Optimus in the arse, because robots have progressed beyond the need for arses.

samadriel

Optimus does have a big blue steel diaper on though.

Quote from: "Smackhead Kangaroo"I feel that Optimus is winning out of sheer popularity

Balls.  Godzilla brought much joy to me as a child with his Saturday morning cartoon exploits, whereas Prime brought nothing but frustration with his silly TVam I-want-to-watch-this-but-I-have-to-get-to-school-scheduling and high pricing in the toy market.

And the Decepticon hologram thing was cooler.

Glebe

Brutus Beefcake

Optimus Prime destroyed Unicron, and he's as big as a fucking planet so I'm sure he can handle an overgrown lizard.

Smackhead Kangaroo

Optimus Prime actually died in the Movie before Hot Rod is promoted who THEN takes down Unicron.

Optimus Prime also became a monkey on a surfboard.

link

unky herb

Best satire on student common room hypotheticals evar.

Brutus Beefcake

This whole thing really depends on which incarnations we're talking about because there's been some Gojiras that have been incredibly powerful and some Primes that have been incredibly gay.

Quote from: "Smackhead Kangaroo"Optimus Prime actually died in the Movie before Hot Rod is promoted who THEN takes down Unicron.

Yeah but I follow the comic book continuity.

fanny splendid