Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:02:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Which fictional character do you most identify with?

Started by Mister Cairo, January 21, 2007, 11:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jemble Fred

You remember the cool one from 'Dear John' who actually wasn't really cool? The greaser guy? Yeah, I'm not him.

I'd say I'm equal parts Eeyore, Owl and Pooh.

Oh alright, half Owl, and a quarter each for the donkey and the bear.

Cupid Stunt

Ciarán2

Quote from: "Orias"
CC Baxter from "The Apartment"

I watched that again last night. Best film ever! You must be a right lovely bloke if you identify with C.C. Baxter, buddy boy!

Ciarán2

Quote from: "iandredd"Robert Neville

Of "C'est La Vie" "fame"?

Orias

Quote from: "Ciarán"

I watched that again last night. Best film ever! You must be a right lovely bloke if you identify with C.C. Baxter, buddy boy!

Lovely bloke yes but for most of the movie he is walked on and taken advantage of.  Admittedly he does end up with the gorgeous Shirley MacLaine.  If only I identified with that part!

It is a really sweet love story though.  Jack Lemmon never better, Billy Wilder never better.

Deadman97

Patrick Bateman, in that I spend a lot of time fantasising about murder.

Ciarán2

Quote from: "Ciarán"

Lovely bloke yes but for most of the movie he is walked on and taken advantage of.  Admittedly he does end up with the gorgeous Shirley MacLaine.  If only I identified with that part!

It is a really sweet love story though.  Jack Lemmon never better, Billy Wilder never better.

The best bit is when he takes the punch from her brother-in-law.

Also that film contains two of the best lines in cinema history, for me. One is when MacLaine says "A girl who goes out with a married man should never wear mascara" (I'm paraphrasing).

Even better is when the doctor says "Be a mensch!" Lemmon says "what's that?" And the doctor says: "A mensch! A human being!" Brilliant. Of course, the irony is C C Baxter is a mensch all the way through, and the doctor is basing his criticism on how he perceives him (a philandering drunkard with no responsibilities). The audience knows different.

It's a great word, "mensch".

You're right I was thinking about how brilliant Jack Lemmon is in it when I was watching it. He's perfect. He does some great drunk acting in it too. The scene at the bar where he's arranging the lollipops in a circle on the bar.

Jim Jarmusch

I also watch The Apartment recently, last Wednesday night in the early hours for the first time viewing. Stayed up late and blew off Uni for a Sixth week running and now my whole future lies in the balance when I make a stomach churning return tomorrow.

It was probably worth it though.

Hairy Chin

Philip J Fry (damn you Muteki for mentioning him first!) and a bit JD from Scrubs - though he has more success with the ladies (damn him too).

Fielding

I'm willing to put my hand up and say Alan Partridge.

Just a teeny bit. Things like sometimes taking jokes too literally (even then it's gonna way best part of a ton) or getting upset at people for getting tiny details wrong (they're actually left hand drive those lorries, so if you did that you'd be grabbing photographs of your family).

We both like James Bond films - with a healthy appreciation for Sir Roger Moore. We both think Dr. Pepper tastes like fizzy benalin. Our courtship techniques both involve peeking round a doorway and asking the lady in question if they: "genuinely like us 'sex wise'" (I really wish I was joking about that one).

For remembering silly little details about one's life (I left a tartan flask up there). But, most of all, 'the icing on the cake' you may say, is that we both get very, very, excited about extending dining tables

"Yes! It's an extender."

P K Duck

Lex Luthor

Smug, arrogantly intelligent, misplaced abitions, too smart for his own general good, super-cool dress sense.

I mean, c'mon, what mere human picks a fight with a superhuman alien? Over and over and over again? And damn nearly wins each time?

That's clearly me on screen, umm, without the superhuman alien.

Catalogue Trousers

Dominic from V For Vendetta (the comic, not the pile of pants).

Quiet, nervous, insightful, and basically decent. And being set up to become a future V. What's not to like?

wheatgod

Kenshiro, from Fist of the North Star. My brother is evil, I am one of the few men doing good in this post-apocalyptic wilderness. And people's heads explode when I punch them.

ccbaxter

Quote from: "Orias"CC Baxter from "The Apartment"

Snap, surprisingly..!
The Apartment is a must, gracious-living wise. I gave it another viewing last night, having been put in the mood by pondering on Little Miss Sunshine's chances of the Best Film Oscar - The Apartment, of course, being one of the too-few comedies to triumph (attempted suicide scene  notwithstanding...)

But yes, C C Baxter - one of the people who 'get took' - we know we're getting took, and there's nothing we can do about it...

Him, or Kermit the Frog, anyway - I'm just waiting for my banjo to arrive...

Why I Hate Tables

Part Travis Bickle, part Sailor in Wild At Heart.

Brutus Beefcake

Quote from: "Little Hoover"
Quote from: "Santa's Boyfriend"God.
You think your clever but he's not fictional.

But this isn't the place, and I can't be botherd debating this in the places we have for it, so just carry on without me.

If you're so sure he's real why don't you back it up?

It really annoys me that none of the religious people will argue their sides in any of the religion threads and instead just go around getting upset when someone blasphemes.

Edit:  Anyway how do you know it was your god he was refering to?

Alberon

Dun da lun dun da lun dun dun dun dun Dun da lun da lun DA-DAHH!!!

gazzyk1ns

Mitchell: Erm... Robert, I'm... I'm not sure I actually like this bottle of Beck's lager...

Webb: Oh belt up David, that's because you're not trendy enough or down with the kids. This beer is bloody great, because the expert brewers at Beck's still adhere to the German Reinheitsgebot purity law of 1516, for that unique extra crisp taste.

extradave

boki

Probably Jeff from Coupling, unfortunately.  I don't need to come up with 3000 wrds for breasts, though - why bother when tits, breasts, boobs and mahoofers pretty much cover the bases?

rudi

Quote from: "boki"Probably Jeff from Coupling, unfortunately.  I don't need to come up with 3000 wrds for breasts, though - why bother when tits, breasts, boobs and mahoofers pretty much cover the bases?

Baby dinners?

4 arses

I'm disappointed no one's gone with Holden Caulfield from Catcher in the Rye yet. Come on! Bow to the Cliches!

Although I can't pick a particular fictional character, I will admit to walking round a lot of the time with the theme to Curb you Enthusiasm in my head. Alternating with the James Bond theme and The Imperial March from Star Wars depending on my mood.

samadriel

boki

Quote from: "rudi"
Quote from: "boki"Probably Jeff from Coupling, unfortunately.  I don't need to come up with 3000 wrds for breasts, though - why bother when tits, breasts, boobs and mahoofers pretty much cover the bases?

Baby dinners?

Good point.  I now have five words for breasts. Actually, I'll accept funbags too.

So six, then.  That takes it to two hands, so I guess that's appropriate.

Still Not George

Neo in the first 10 minutes or so of The Matrix - an exhausted coder with a desperate yearning for something indefinable he finds in the electronic world and a magnetic appeal for attractive goths *cough* sorry, "industrialists".

Also I own a long leather coat. The fact that I have done so since early 1999 hasn't stopped people yelling "NEO!" at me in the street, however.

samadriel

Quote from: "Still Not George"Neo in the first 10 minutes or so of The Matrix - an exhausted coder with a desperate yearning for something indefinable he finds in the electronic world and a magnetic appeal for attractive goths *cough* sorry, "industrialists".

"Your place or mine, pleb?"

Abbatoir worker

Bender while I'm down the pub and Zoidberg in the hungover morning... Reginald Perrin while at work.