Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,492
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:26:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bob Monkhouse Tribute

Started by Jemble Fred, March 22, 2004, 01:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jemble Fred

One of those rare moments when I agree with Jimmy Tarbuck, you could really have done with a full series on Bob, rather than just one tribute.

Very surprised to see Coogan interviewed (from the set of Around the World In 80 Days?) and being so gushing. And it was also very pleasing to see Jimmy Carr be quite so unfunny, and then Jack Dee walk forward and score with every line.

neveragain

I thought it was a great tribute and the night was made even better by my buying a video entitled 'Bob Monkhouse Exposes Himself' the day before. I didn't get a chance to watch it on Saturday - it's one of his very rare recorded live shows, possibly the only recorded one, and it's almost entirely made up of blue jokes - so I watched it just before the tribute and it certainly reaffirmed the instincts I must have already had when I once flipplantly claimed that Bob was my personal hero. He still is. '...but I didn't know it was a gay church until I turned round and noticed that only half of the congregation was kneeling.'

RIP Bob

king mob

Awwww fuck i forgot about this, was it any good?