Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:10:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris - No Known Cure (Radio Bristol Downloads)

Started by Neil, January 27, 2007, 01:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

These come courtesy of Rob Baker - massive thanks to him.  He also sent us this:

Please note that these are fresh off Wavelab, I've not checked through them yet.  And the screensaver popped up, but hopefluly that hasn't caused any problems.  Let me know as soon as possible though, as I can't get anything else done until I burn off this wav file and back it up a few times.  Also, let me know if there's anything you want clipped, give me the timings.

If you notice ways these can be put together again, let me know, I can't remember if these are as much as a jumbled mess as the GLR ones were, I think they might be fairly complete as they are on the tapes.  Again though, let me know and I can go back to wav and put them together when I get my new machine and have the space to do so.

Chris Morris - No Known Cure: Tape 1

More to follow, and I'll have a sendspace link soon.  I'd ask that you try and help seekd the torrent for as long as possible though, please, it really helps us out.  Thanks, and enjoy.

(Also, some clips in this thread, and the old compilation for those who haven't heard it before.)

Gavin

Deadman97

Thanks- I'll certainly seed this for as long as I can after it downloads.

Neil

Maybe I'm in super-seed mode.  Anyway, it's uploading now at 25k a second, so just leave it and you should be ok.

Sendspace link

Cheers for this, nearly 25k a second, I'll also try to leave it up seeding for anyone else.

Morgan

Cor, what a treat!  Thanks Neil, I've been desperate for something interesting to listen to.

All Surrogate

Thanks Neil.  Ooh, BT has a nice new graph thing.

Morgan

Heh, brilliant, he's giving away The The's Mind Bomb as a prize.  That dates it nicely, doesn't it!

Morgan

I like the depressed car salesman about an hour in.

Pinball

Wow. Thanks Neil.

So that's why I like this site..! :-)

All Surrogate

Quote from: "Pinball"Wow. Thanks Neil.

So that's why I like this site..! :-)
I come for the comedy, but I stay for the invective.

Thanks muchly. Has anyone else been inundated with updates for Azureus lately? Everytime I start it up it seems to want to improve itself in some way or another. You have to admire its ambition.

Neil

Number two is almost ready, just need a bit of Randy Edelman.  I must apologise for the delay in getting these out, it's been a nightmare getting this stuff sorted with my various puter problems.  Even now, I'm having to do one at a time and then back it up as wav several times on DVDR before I can do the next one, when it would obviously be more efficient (and less costly) to be able to do 4 and stick them on 1 DVDR and then back that up. I have some cool plans for when I get this new machine very soon!  Anyway, looking forward to hearing these again myself, as I only listen to them once on tape because I shit bricks about rare stuff fucking up before I can mp3 it.  I recall being quite unimpressed by them,  but hey, what do you expect at this point in his career?  And I'm sure there are still some gems in there, I recall a Kenny Everett-style segment where he played the most awful music he could find.  

Once again, major thanks to Rob Baker for supplying these.

Would be nice to hear what you lot think, and I can certainly make clips from the wavs if you give me the timings.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Whoa, so is this different from the NKC that was put up a year or so back?

Neil

Yeah, brand new encodes.  

Uptown Uptempo Woman is proving strangely difficult to get from Oink or Soulseek.  Can anyone rifle through their Dad's record collection and PM me with an mp3, perhaps, please?

EDIT:  Beep Cleep Chimney has now got me sorted, thanks again! :-)

Sheldon Finklestein

A thousand blessings on your house, Neil. This'll really cheer me up after a rubbish day at work.

Morgan

That was a thoroughly enjoyable 90 minutes.  It was interesting how music heavy the show was; do we know if it was CM's playlist, or would he not have had as much freedom back then?  It's great just hearing him talking to Bristol yokels, isn't it, particularly the man who pretended his kitchen was pink.  Is it me or did he accidentally play one of the Feedback Reports twice?

Neil

So you haven't heard any little skips or jumps then?!  I usually like to go through these with a fine-tooth comb before I put them on the net, but am putting these new mp3s up as soon as they're ready.  I need you lot to keep me right here.  I've just noticed a little skip in the second tape, and am worried there's more that will need to be fixed.

Pinball

gazzyk1ns

butnut

I've been away, so just catching up on all this. Thanks for the files!

Nomad

I'm chuffed to bits if  the No Known Cure clips and the photo (with CM's autograph removed) on the Comedy Tour of GB, were supplied by Neil.
If Radio Bristol have wiped all the tapes, why the hell did they show the reel-to-reel playing?
I used to have dozens more of the shows on tape but, as explained to Neil, I can only lay my hands on a few of  them - and sod's law these are mostly the ones aired on the Friday night and the one following on the Saturday morning which, bar the music and phone calls, are pretty much the same.
I'm positive the other tapes are knocking around here somewhere but I WILL find them at some point.
Glad you liked them - and thanks again to Neil for putting them onto CD for me.
Cheers - Rob

weirdbeard

Thanks to all for this, and for future tapes to come.  

Do we know of any dates for these?  It'll be worth keeping in any news reports as they'll really help date them.  Tape 1, as previously mentioned, has the "new The The LP 'Mind Bomb'" as a competition prize.  This was released on July 11, 1989.  Also, the partial news report at the start mentioned "Peking getting back to normal".  I'm guessing this is referring to the aftermath of the Tiananmen Square protest of June 4, 1989.  So this show most likely comes in between those dates.

Huzzie

Fucking hell!!

Great find! TJ will be very happy.

weirdbeard

Quote from: "weirdbeard"Thanks to all for this, and for future tapes to come.  

Do we know of any dates for these?  It'll be worth keeping in any news reports as they'll really help date them.  Tape 1, as previously mentioned, has the "new The The LP 'Mind Bomb'" as a competition prize.  This was released on July 11, 1989.  Also, the partial news report at the start mentioned "Peking getting back to normal".  I'm guessing this is referring to the aftermath of the Tiananmen Square protest of June 4, 1989.  So this show most likely comes in between those dates.

Mmm, that'll teach me to post before listening to the damn thing more carefully.  The second half seems to come from a different show from the first.   A competition mentions a Queen LP (The Miracle, released May 22, 1989?), also a mention of Kylie Minogue's 21st birthday party (she turned 21 on May 28, 1989).