Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:49:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Music which products/brands/etc. should use in their ads

Started by gazzyk1ns, January 29, 2007, 08:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gazzyk1ns

We've sort of done this before - popular suggestions included 'The Music Man' (specifically the bit which goes "Pi-a-pi-a-pi-a-no, pi-a-no, pi-a-no") for P&O ferries, and a million other examples I've forgotten.

Dove should quite clearly use 'The Power Of Love' by FGtH, substituting the last word, especially because it has that "...cleaning my soul..." line. The advert could even show someone soaping up the base of their foot during that bit.

Freederm should use one of the many songs titled 'Freedom' where they drag out the last syllable, possibly the best example is the relatively modern one with African-American gospel singers.

Come on...

Cack Hen

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now for Job Centre ads.

Mister Cairo

The Home Office should use "Heaven Is A Place On Earth" to discourage suicide bombers.

Other parties should use the Fine Young Cannibals "Blue" when running anti-Tory ads.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Any mental health charity should use Black Flag - Nervous Breakdown

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

JesusAndYourBush

Harry Belafonte's "Dayo"(Banana Boat Song) for Daewoo.

Brad

The Ibuleve adverts should have EMF singing "I Believe" with some footage of old men dressed as rapper DJs rubbing it into each others backs with a record scratching hand movement whilst operating their decks.

weekender

The makers of a certain cleaning fluid could use the song describing a hilarious scenario in which someone is trying to take a photograph of a man holding a bottle of cleaning fluid, but who then bumps into an oil painting only to see himself bounce off - and this is the funny bit - onto a floor painting by Jackson Pollock!

Fielding

Nintendo should advertise their latest games console with 'I Remember Nothing' by Joy Division.

buttgammon

Quote from: "Fielding"Nintendo should advertise their latest games console with 'I Remember Nothing' by Joy Division.

"Violent, more violent his hand cracks the chair".

It should show somebody smashing a virtual chair and accidentally breaking their TV in the process.

Brutus Beefcake

Quote from: "Mister Cairo"The Home Office should use "Heaven Is A Place On Earth" to discourage suicide bombers.

I'm not sure if that would have the desired effect.