Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:42:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CHOW

Started by Captain Crunch, February 01, 2007, 12:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Beaner

Piss off. Oetker's Pepperoni is the dog's wee wee sacks.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Mine was 'created' in a Michelin star restaurant by an old Italian chef.

Yours was made by a German billionaire who incidentally died a couple of weeks ago.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Those Ristorante pizzas aren't a patch on La Bottega.

Seriously, I didn't know that (re the billionaire dying).  I went to school in Germany with Julia Oetker of the Oetker dynasty.  We used to hold hands in class when I realised that girls weren't yucky

Cambrian Times

Yesterday I had  grilled salmon with salad. I mashed the salmon up with horseradish sauce. It was lovely.  

Today I had one of those new Cool Mexican twister thingies from the KFC. It was ok.

terminallyrelaxed

I got paid today, and have been a bit skint for a while, so I treated myself to a salt beef and horseradish sarnie from Pret - and a lemon cheesecake, and a vitamin volcano drink, and a latte, and a pecan pie (I'm saving that for later). £9.58!

Mr Mr

2 Morrisons luxury Belgian milky chocolate cookies. If I could live just eating them, I would.

gazzyk1ns

Supper (I don't really like that word but I suppose it's correct):

Lady Beaner

It looks like the remains of a kebab. What is it?

the midnight watch baboon

Looks most....colourful. I've been eat/drink-ing homemade avacado soup all weekend, its lovely taste compensating for its garish, snot-green hue. Mmmm.

Deadman97

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"Supper (I don't really like that word but I suppose it's correct):

(picture)
Yum, a bowl of sick. Speaking of which, I'm about to have a fantastic half-term-monday-morning breakfast of Super Noodles with three slices of bread.

Toad in the Hole

Quote from: "Lady Beaner"Piss off. Oetker's Pepperoni is the dog's wee wee sacks.

You are 100% correct, LB.  La Bottega is much less satisfying.  I might even go and by an Oetker's Ristorante Speciale to have for tea later, mmmm.  Must be brunch time, I reckon... beans on toast, but with some pepper, chilli powder and worcester sauce in, plus grated cheese on top.  Lovely.

This supports my theory that manufacturers of Baked Beans are spectacularly missing a trick.  Who simply heats up a tin of beans and splurges the contents over toast?  Stunty Albanians maybe.  Personally I pour off some of the sauce, reduce further to a thick consistency, add vinegar and pepper, serve on the plate with toast (not on toast) with brown sauce (obviously).
The alternative?  Watery, over sweet slop enjoyed only by the daffiest of cunts.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

I had beans on toast last night for the first time in ages. It's mostly good when you put shitloads of real butter on the toast.

mook

I cooked the roast yesterday and as per usual I made too much of everything, so this morning I had what I'm going to call a "fried up roast dinner breakfast". Everything got chopped up and dumped in to a dry cast iron skillet and warmed through a bit, then for the last five minutes I simmered the whole lot in the leftover gravy. It looks about as appealing as Gazzyk1n's "supper" ^^^^ up there but tasted fab, and it fixed my hangover too.

mook, that sounds hideous.

------

I made roast gammon yesterday, and tried to make "Cumberland Sauce".

Ingredients

1 medium lemon
1 medium orange
4 heaped tablespoons good-quality redcurrant jelly
4 tablespoons port
1 heaped teaspoon mustard powder
1 heaped teaspoon ground ginger

I thought it was rank but my parents liked it...

gazzyk1ns

Heh, it was just canned pilchards mixed with salad. I thought you'd all appreciate its disgusting look.

Mister Cairo

Last night I had a cheese, ketchup and pickle sandwich. I've been playing around with combinations for the past fortnight.

I'm a "ketchup with everything" person.

swarfmonkey

If we're talking about what we had/made yesterday then I made a Chocolate and Hazelnut Dacquoise (posh meringue layer cake).

I made everything myself; the meringues and even blanched the hazelnuts, although I did get Mr. Bournville to knock the chocolate up for me.

I had it with some lemon curd icecream made using Domestic Goddess' recipe and it were lovely.

mook

Two kipper fillets and two poached eggs. The kippers were as salty as fuck and they've left me with a raging thirst. All in all I prefered yesterdays breakfast, ugly though it was to look at.

Lady Beaner

Can't have been any worse than Gazzykin's supper. I just looked at it again and it looks like a drainpipe belched.

gazzyk1ns

I was about to say that I'm going to make something worse-looking tonight and take a photo of that, just to repulse you... then I realised that I probably haven't got the ingredients to make anything worse-looking. I could do a shit in a bowl I suppose.

butnut

Careful - don't strain too hard doing that shit. I suppose any injuries resulting from it would make it even more disgusting looking.

Captain Crunch

Peanut Butter today which is dull but filling.  HOWEVER, next week I will be feasting on this gift from God himself

More details here

gazzyk1ns

Wow, I need some of that.

mook

I've always wanted to like marmite but there is something about it that is, well wrong, but I keep percervering (sp?). It'll be my luck that the girlfriend buys a jar of that Guinness stuff and I actually like it, seeing as they're only making 300,000 jars of the stuff for the whole country.

the midnight watch baboon

I just had a baked sweet potato, although I accidentally set the oven to grill instead of oven and didn't notice for ages, while wondering why it wasn't cooking properly. Was eventually nice once I sawted it.

gazzyk1ns

That was the mistake they made on this year's Celeb Big Brother whilst "cooking" that chicken, they showed them talking about it days later but nobody seemed to pick up on it.

Guiness marmite? Whatever next, "cheese" burgers!?!?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Wow. A combination of the two most disgusting flavours. Maybe it'll turn on it's axis and become the tastiest thing ever. I seriously doubt that though.

Alcohol free? Gah, the opportunity to get pissed off a sandwich floats into the realm of crazies once more.