Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:21:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"UFOs" over N. London Today

Started by Long White Hat, February 01, 2007, 06:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

One thing the British authorities is good at is secrecy. No open government here. Nope. Surveillance and secrecy instead.

Pinball

At 1.30am on 3 Feb we had a B52 (?, it was big) bomber circling overhead at low altitude in a circular pattern for one hour. There were other planes in the distance. Quite odd. The plane was so low it made as much noise as the M3 during the day.

weekender

Yeah, great.  Where's the moon gone though?

It ain't clouds.

THE MOON IS IN THE WRONG PLACE.

What's ATS? I'd like to read the other account(s)

The moon is an idiot.

Mr. Analytical

*steps warily away from weekender*

The Plaque Goblin

I wonder if there is any connection between these UFOs and this supposed Bird Flu outbreak...

weekender

Bird Flu is a cover up for the fact that the MOON has MOVED.

Come on, you're sitting inside now and I bet you think you have a good idea of where the moon is.  

Have you BEEN outside recently?  

IT'S NOT WHERE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Pinball

I try not to go out much. Unfortunately, due to my job I travel the world, so what fucking good has my paranoia been, then? I even got fingerprinted by US-Visit, FFS.

Huzzie

Quote from: "weekender"I've been wondering this for the past three days, through a combination of sobriety and wonderment....

...but, isn't the moon in the wrong place?

Weirdly, I thought exactly the same thing lats night when I looked out the window behind my head as I lie on the bed (where you kept banging the back of your head, Wender) and did a double take at the moon thinking that I am sure it should be on the other side of the house at this time, at this time of year.

Strange.

Huzzie

Quote from: "Long White Hat"What's ATS? I'd like to read the other account(s)

The moon is an idiot.

Above Top Secret. It is the link I gave you earlier, www.abovetopsecret.com

There is apparently more than quadruple the sightings at the start of this year so far than normal.

Have a look at stuff about the O'hare airport, California sighting from a couple of months back. Very interesting with some very credible witnesses (many of them) including pilots.

PAGATRON

You know this all could a huge publicity stunt for the new Transformers movie.

Glebe

Strange. Didn't hear about this. I used to be really into UFO stuff, but I'm pretty skeptical about the visitors-from-another-planet angle now.

Quote from: "PAGATRON"You know this all could a huge publicity stunt for the new Transformers movie.

Haha, yeah. Viral marketing takes to the skies!

Holy shit, ignore Dan Ackroyd at the beginning, and possibly the general physics lesson bit. Someone explain this away quick, before I get my tin foil hat.

link

Well I only managed to get through the first 15 minutes or so but most of that is just space junk surely? Will watch it when I get back from work...

terminallyrelaxed

Were there clouds? Are you sure it wasn't an orange-flavoured version of those laser thingies that point upwards, you know, you get them outside nightclubs. The first time I saw one of those was a long night, I was waiting for Gort to lumber over the hill.

"Klaatu barada nikto!"

Huzzie

Quote from: "DevlinC"Well I only managed to get through the first 15 minutes or so but most of that is just space junk surely? Will watch it when I get back from work...

Haven't been able to watch it yet but I presume it is the NASA STS footage.

It is very interesting but many say that it is space junk.

Is one of them footage of the object moving over the face of the earth when something seems to be shot from the earth's surface making the first object shoot off in the opposite direction?

That is supposedly ice particles which all shoot off in different directions and different speeds when one of the power boosters on the rockets is started.

Is the tether footage on there?

I'll have a look at it later tonight.

This isn't the Dan Akroyd, UFO's unplugged thing is it?

SetToStun

Quote from: "Huzzie"Have a look at stuff about the O'hare airport, California sighting from a couple of months back. Very interesting with some very credible witnesses (many of them) including pilots.

Holy fuck! O'Hare airport spontaneously teleported from Chicago, Illinois to California and you're worried about UFO sightings?!

Doctor Stamen

No matter what he's saying, I can never take Dan Ackroyd's voice seriously as it's made me laugh too much over the years.

"It just... popped in there!"

Huzzie

Quote from: "SetToStun"
Quote from: "Huzzie"Have a look at stuff about the O'hare airport, California sighting from a couple of months back. Very interesting with some very credible witnesses (many of them) including pilots.

Holy fuck! O'Hare airport spontaneously teleported from Chicago, Illinois to California and you're worried about UFO sightings?!

I meant Chicago, infact, the only thing that is weird here is that I am 100% sure I typed Chicago. I was even speaking to my mate about it who moved there to look after his dying dad a couple of years back.

So don't you suggest that I don't know me US states and cities. Oh no, don't do that!

SetToStun

Cosmic rays changed what you typed, then. That or aliens :-)

Interesting article - I suppose it is odd that not much has been made of it if it's what it seems at face value. The main thing that makes me extremely sceptical of "alien" craft is the fact that they always turn out to be quite small - human in scale, in fact. If this was supposed to have arrived here from "somewhere else" and is about 20' across, where did they put the food, water and fuel? If it's just a pod from a mother-ship and we didn't notice a vessel the size of London hanging around the area, they must have some sort of stealth capacity - so how come the pod was seen?

Still, I do love a good UFO story. It gives the conspiracy buffs something to talk about and keeps them from noticing the real conspiracies...

Beagle 2

Sorry, can't find a link but there was a wireless news report last night about numerous sightings of a UFO in Braunstone, Leicester. Must be the season for them.

PAGATRON

FLIPPN'ECK

Apart from buying myself a MacBook and hooking up to the internet at home
January was a pretty average month. yet six days into February my immediate boss leaves, Bird flu makes a comeback and Ufo sightings in London and the moon's orbit going all fucky

BRING ON MARCH!!

Huzzie

How do you feel about this now Long White Hat?

I could describe my sightings as life changing. Would you be so dramatic? Are you still trying to figure it out?

What are your feelings now you have a few weeks of retrospect and calm?

I don't feel changed really, maybe a bit more open-minded in this particular area. Mainly I'm left with a frustrating desire to know what I saw.

I am totally unconvinced with the rational dismissals, these things were not lanterns. I looked at them for a few minutes, they were electrical seeming and unflickering. Other people's reactions tend to pressure you in thinking 'oh, I must be wrong, I thought I saw 'x' but instead I saw 'y' , most people probably give-in but I am resolute about this. I am not a UFO 'fan' I've got no reason to resist these explanations other than they don't fit with what I witnessed.

Also, if they were lanterns, why at 17.30 on a Thursday? Not a 'party' time, unless they were an intended hoax. And why the helicopter circling for ages after? Never known a helicopter do that here before in 2 years I've lived here.

This is the updated article from the local paper, it supports the fact these things were very high, very big and even possibly seen on radar.

link

Huzzie

Quote from: "Long White Hat"Other people's reactions tend to pressure you in thinking 'oh, I must be wrong, I thought I saw 'x' but instead I saw 'y' ,

Yeah, that is why I didn't want to bring it up originally and only did so when Hencole mentioned it.

I'm happy for you that you have had such an experience. There is very little in modern life that stays with you for the rest of your days, very little actually worth remembering.

I presume you have been to a few Unexplained/UFO type sites since. I know you wanted the address to the forum I told you about the other day (Above Top Secret). The one I like best as it seems to be the most rational and most sensible (maybe a little too cynical and a little sceptical but that is very healthy in this field) is the Fortean Times board. It is much slower moving than the other boards, especially ATS but that is because you don't get hundreds of people claiming to be so special that aliens have come from Alpha Centurai to eye them up or people "wowing" over Billy Meier's photo's (some of the most obvious fakes out there).

Anyway, I thought it may be interesting and good for you to stick your story up on the UFO section of the board (or even the "it happened to me" section if you fancy a bit of creative writing). It hasn't actually been addressed there yet.

The direct link to the UFO section is
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

The front page of the site is
http://www.forteantimes.com/

I look forward to joining your topic there if you feel like adding it.

hencole

Quote from: "Long White Hat"

This is the updated article from the local paper, it supports the fact these things were very high, very big and even possibly seen on radar.

link

Quote"What I found strange about these things was the way they moved. The fact that they were so high would suggest they were quite big."

Or they were  big because they were so low. Reminds me of the Father Ted cows in the distance sketch.

QuoteA spokesman said: "I'm not convinced by the argument. I asked witnesses if they thought there was a possibility it was lanterns and they said no."

What a dense way of investigating things.

As I said it's been reported since that they were probably lanterns. I'll try and find an online version. When me and a group first saw them at Glastonbury everyone I was with thought they were UFO's for a good 10 minutes, until someone one told us otherwise.

P K Duck

Some YouTube footage of giant flying lanterns, apparently the new nemesis of ufology: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyFZdo5i43A

Or... was is more like this (hope so):

Sighting was in London, UK 25/1/07, and as yet unidentified.

hencole

Quote from: "P K Duck"
Sighting was in London, UK 25/1/07, and as yet unidentified.

Surely not! It looks quite clear as to what it is.