Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:34:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Computer game mongs

Started by Rubbish Monkey, February 02, 2007, 08:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaaaaabs

Well if you are going to use videogames as recruiting tools!

quadraspazzed

Nice one Slaaabs. Reminds me of some stuff I did a couple of years ago, which I'll post in a few minutes (when I can find them).

In the meantime:

quadraspazzed

Here they are, not really on topic I guess, but fuck it.

Slaaaaabs

Nice. What a cynical piece of propaganda that "game" is.

quadraspazzed

Not that I've ever played it, but isn't it also supposed to be quite shit? Simply as a game, like.

Slaaaaabs

Quote from: "quadraspazzed"Not that I've ever played it, but isn't it also supposed to be quite shit? Simply as a game, like.

I played for a short while when it first came out, it wasn't that bad and certainly played better than the "budget" games in the genre. Hilariously enough it is (was?) plagued by cheating with dead players able to spectate and communicate the locations of enemies to their team-mates.

Oh and surprisingly enough you don't get any gore or horrifically injured screaming soldiers with missing limbs or their guts falling out. Gives a bad image of war you see.

quadraspazzed

Quote from: "Slaaaaabs"dead players able to spectate and communicate the locations of enemies to their team-mates.

Well all the best armies have informants!

MojoJojo

I think the most unpleasant thing about Americas Army was that your side was always the US side-  while you'd see the other side as looking like dirty arabs, to themselves the other team look like good old americans like yourself.

It was reasonable for a quick piss around, the guns felt meaty.

Then they did something weird so you didn't need windows - I think they made it linux, and they provided you with a distribution that would boot up off a CD and go straight to the game. So it was like going back to the Amiga, reset your computer and put the game disc in before starting. I have no idea how well it worked out.

Glebe

Not my mong, but the cover of Swedish magazine +N:

Glebe

quadraspazzed

Heh, I love Blood Combin :-)

Also, I couldn't resist. I tried. I really tried...

Old Thrashbarg

Beagle 2

Should imagine it's been done before...

madhair60

quadraspazzed

Glebe

Table Top Joe

Here is the inevitable prequel...