Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:01:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Valentine's Day

Started by Mister Cairo, February 03, 2007, 03:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteShe lived California, he in a small Irish town

Uh?

quadraspazzed

Quote from: "Shoulders?-Stomach!"
QuoteShe lived California, he in a small Irish town

Uh?

Am I missing something here? I think what I wrote is pretty clear no? Maybe its an Irish way of saying things? Anyway for the benefit of those who didn't understand:

"She lived in California. He lived (indeed, still lives) in a small Irish town."

I thought it was pretty clear too.

Sending Valentine's cards is for losers.  Sending sex pest texts from a prepay mobile phone (rather than your usual one) is the way forward.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

At a glance that read "She lived in California, in a small Irish town."

Heh! Sorry.

quadraspazzed

Quote from: "Shoulders?-Stomach!"At a glance that read "She lived in California, in a small Irish town."

Heh! Sorry.

No worries. I was a bit paranoid there ("I've made some horrendous fuck up and everyone else sees it except ME!").

Though I'd bet there is a least one small town in California that has been entirely taken over by the Irish.

Brutus Beefcake

I'll probably just stage a mock beheading in honor of Saint Valentine like I do every year.

Ronster

My ex dumped me last year the night before Valentine's Day and then proceeded to give me the presents he had got me anyway, which made it all the more bizarre and upsetting.

This year I shall put a brave face on it all and smile sweetly as I try to stop myself wishing awful things on him and his new boyfriend (there is a reasonbale chance I will still see him on the day as we're good mates but still.....)

Neville Chamberlain

Last Valentine's Day, I couldn't even open my front door.

cleverjake

Quote from: "Jim"Last Valentine's Day, I couldn't even open my front door.

That's curfews for you.

boki

You only get morning glory once a year?

amp

I'm going to a Towers of London gig, with my ex...

It can just see it being either the best or the worst thing to happen to me in a very long time

asv

Forget your key?

Are we referencing the same programme I wonder?

rudi

Quote from: "Garth Vader"WHY MUST YOU REOPEN THE WOUNDS??!!

To have the sex?

Charles Charlie Charles

It'd be great if this thread played "that theme from Our Tune that Simon Bates used to play, you know the one that goes doo-doo-doo-doo-doooo-doo-doo, yeah, you know it, you do!"

QuoteBates is mainly remembered for Our Tune, which, from 1980, became a daily 11am feature of his show. Over the background score of Franco Zeffirelli's 1968 film Romeo and Juliet, Bates would read out a true story sent by a listener. The story invariably had a theme of tragedy running through it, often starting with an initially happy courtship but followed by a disaster, such as an illness or death. The story would conclude with a record chosen by the correspondent. Although many bemoaned the largely mawkish nature of the feature, it was widely listened to and earned Bates much popular acclaim. A number of spin-off albums, featuring songs chosen by listeners, would be released.

The story invariably had a theme of tragedy running through it, often starting with an initially happy courtship but followed by a disaster, such as an illness or death.

And you're all moaning that you won't got a card! Imagine how Simon felt as Valentine's Day approached!

Spiteface

Quote from: "Charles Charlie Charles"It'd be great if this thread played "that theme from Our Tune that Simon Bates used to play, you know the one that goes doo-doo-doo-doo-doooo-doo-doo, yeah, you know it, you do!"

Yeah, I remember it, only because I have to listen to it EVERY FUCKING DAY thanks to it being on the radio where I currently work.

Some of them have to be made up stories...

Valentine's day?  Hate everything about it.  I doubt I'd feel any different if I got any cards or not, it just makes me puke.  I'd remove my arse and shit through my ribs before even buying a card for anyone else, too.

Mister Cairo

I am going to the theatre on Valentine's Day to see Twelfth Night, thankfully.

Well, I'm about to blow my load, I'm cooking tonight to avoid completely spoiling next week. I don't get to see her too often at the moment, she's working like crazy before Chinese Spring Festival (government bastards) so I'll probably just work the cliches, some tasteful/filthy new lingerie, a nice hot bubble bath and all that, good wine, little foot massage, out for a great Western meal at this new cozy French restaurant and back to mine for reciprocation.

I'm also working on a romantic comic strip for all my friends at home to ignore.

Well, I'm about to blow my load, I'm cooking tonight to avoid completely spoiling next week. I don't get to see her too often at the moment, she's working like crazy before Chinese Spring Festival (government bastards) so I'll probably just work the cliches, some tasteful/filthy new lingerie, a nice hot bubble bath and all that, good wine, little foot massage, out for a great Western meal at this new cozy French restaurant and back to mine for reciprocation.

I'm also working on a romantic comic strip for all my friends at home to ignore.

Cack Hen

Quote from: "The Boston Crab"Well, I'm about to blow my load

Quote from: "The Boston Crab"and back to mine for reciprocation.

Save it.

Thanks for taking something amusing from my absolutely dull as dishwater post. I came back here to edit it funny. Fuck it...For nobody's particular attention, tonight's dinner went extraordinarily well, I never knew I could cook! It was a curious old meal, belly pork, green and red peppers, olives, shrooms of course, tomatoes, Tabasco and a handful of ubiquitious-in-China MSG to top it off! A surprising winner, even if it was just the MSG which tricked me ino thinking it was dead tasty. God bless MSG and the blindness/brain tumours it apparently causes.

weekender

To this day I have a special annual anniversary on Valentine's Day, and no-one knows what it is.

Captain Crunch

You can tell your Smurf pals surely, g'waaaan you know you want to.

Lady Beaner

It's a murder isn't it? It has to be. You collect a new trophy decapitated head every Valentines Day. Please say you do.

Still Not George

Quote from: "Lady Beaner"It's a murder isn't it? It has to be. You collect a new trophy decapitated head every Valentines Day. Please say you do.
That's me, dear. And it's not that head.

Lady Beaner

weekender

Well, if you're offering LB (ho ho ho).

Anyway, you can have a choice:

1) It's the anniversary of my virginity-loss;
2) It's the anniversary of my parents' death;
3) It's the anniversary of my wife's death.

Some or all of the answers may not be true.

Still Not George

It's the anniversary of you losing your virginity to your wife's parents?

Cupid Stunt

Surely at least one other person would know, whichever one it was.

Unless...

thugler

Quote from: "amp"I'm going to a Towers of London gig

bad luck

buttgammon

Quote from: "thugler"
Quote from: "amp"I'm going to a Towers of London gig

bad luck

Are they a real band? I thought they were done in the vein of Spinal Tap/Bad News as a joke. Or is it just wishful thinking on my part that they aren't serious?