Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:56:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Childrens CookdandBombd.

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, February 04, 2007, 08:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles Charlie Charles

Why don't you save some time and post some pics of these "dolly-birds" (as I think people call them nowadays?)

Catalogue Trousers

She was in Clive Doig's Eureka, you know. One hell of a children's programme!

Catalogue Trousers

As a Victorian lady complaining that her corset was too tight in one edition, apparently. And I didn't see it. My life is automatically incomplete...

terminallyrelaxed

Quote from: "Al Tha Funkee Homosapien"
Quote from: "mothman"My Top 5 Sexiest Female Presenters on Cbeebies:-

1. Sarah-Jane Honeywell - yum.

Apparently she used to (and maybe still is) a contortionist.

But she can't wear high heels anymore:

QuoteCompensation for actress injured by badly fitting boots
A member playing the part of Noddy in a touring children’s show strained her ligaments so badly because of the badly fitting boots she was given that she can no longer wear ballet shoes or high heels. She has now received substantial compensation negotiated by Equity-appointed solicitors Douglas -Mann and Co.

Sarah-Jane Honeywell had told her employers, Children’s Showtime Productions, on regular occasions that the boots made it difficult for her to do the skipping, jumping and knee-bends that the part required. Almost as soon as she began to wear the boots her feet become sore and they rubbed and cut her lower leg.

Sarah-Jane had her contract terminated by the company’s solicitors.

Her own physiotherapist confirmed that the boots were causing her injuries and expert medical opinion obtained by Equity’s solicitors agreed that the boots were to blame.

Equity’s solicitors applied to take the case to court, but before the hearing a compensation settlement was agreed which included Equity’s costs.

swarfmonkey

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"and they rubbed and cut her lower leg.

Am I the only one who read it like this?

Vaguely Phallic

Would I get in trouble (here or legally) for posting a picture of the girl who plays Tracey Beaker having a crafty ciggie and wearing the lord's cross somewhat inappropriately between her cleavage attempt?

I didn't take the picture, I didn't even recognise her. My niece, who's a fan, took the picture covertly during the Cardiff 2006 summer festival thing. Or could I sell the photo to Heat and make millions?

Cleavage Attempt; a user name after my own heart!

mycroft

I wish 'Yoko! Jakamoko! Toto!' would come back on...

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Avert your eyes children, your chapel has been defiled!

Morrisfan82

I don't think it's been turned into a series yet, but this looks like it could be a fantastic children's TV show. I could never sit through an episode of Teletubbies or anything, but I reckon I could happily watch this and be totally entertained throughout.

Plus it's got Biz Markie and The Aquabats in it.

sproggy

Aardman have been comissioned to write a new series invovling Shaun the Sheep for CBBC apparently, should be good.

Vaguely Phallic

Quote from: "Vaguely Phallic"Would I get in trouble (here or legally) for posting a picture of the girl who plays Tracey Beaker having a crafty ciggie and wearing the lord's cross somewhat inappropriately between her cleavage attempt?

What the hell. SOME ROLE MODEL!

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

She's 17 therefore you're not that much of a PAEDO PERVERT SCUM.

Vaguely Phallic

I didn't take the picture, I'm just... pimping.

Goldentony

That's someone elses hand with the ciggie aswell isn't it? unless they were passing it round in a DRUG FUELED HAZE.

mothman

<littlejohn>Tracy Beaker? Brassy toker more like. You couldn't make it up. Etc.</littlejohn>

I want a much-larger version of that Strachan pic for my desktop. . .

Lt Plonker

Quote from: "sproglette"Aardman have been comissioned to write a new series invovling Shaun the Sheep for CBBC apparently, should be good.

Speaking of Aardman...

Purple and Brown

mothman

Quote from: "In between rubbing my thighs, I"
2. That blonde librarian in Storymakers.

Her name, it transpires, is Aliex Yuill, and she also does the voice of Jelly. Learn something new, etc.

Cerys

Is she related to Wycliffe stalwart Jimmy Yuill?  I've been wondering this ever since I got over the disappointment of realising that no, it wasn't Jimmy voicing Jelly.  Note to self - learn to read.

Dark Sky

Quote from: "Shoulders?-Stomach!"Bring back Knightmare, that's what I say. But I'm an adult now, so I don't get a say anymore.

They are gonna bring it back.  But it's gonna be all CGi (including the child in the dungeon), so it'll effectively be like watching a nine year old play a particularly boring role playing game, without the satisfaction of seeing them fall down chasms or eaten by spiders.

Just another case of the creators of something cool not realising why something is cool.  (See the Thunderbirds film...  Or indeed Gerry Anderson's CGi remake of Captain Scarlett.  [Although that was supposed to be good?!?])

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Gah. It'll be OK as long as the atmosphere of thing remains. For instance the bleak and genuinely medieval look of the first few series. That Raven programme on CBBC hasn't got any atmosphere at all despite its pretensions at sword & sorcery style fun because they shoot it in the daytime in the middle of a nice field and the narrator is crap.

Time Commanders managed very well presenting a 100% CGI in-game action, so I dare say the new Knightmare can do as well. It'll be a bit sad not to have the VR style feel about it- in many ways it was the most important feature of the show. Wouldn't it look 100 times better if they did it now as well? Anyway, I did some searching and the pilot for the programme you're talking about was shelved, unless some new info has surfaced.

As you say, quite a lot of producers seem to know which programmes were good but they haven't a clue why.