Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:44:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ryan Adams interview in Pitchfork

Started by Borboski, March 23, 2004, 11:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borboski

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/interviews/a/adams_ryan-04/

Interesting review with Ryan Adams here - who can't seem to stop releasing bad albums bless him. Anyway, Pitchfork (a site i'd recommend) slated the 3,000 albums he released last year which clearly bothered him so he phoned them up for a chat, bless him. Seems a nice enough guy - just has to stop released bad albums...

This bit made oi laugh:

"I really don't like Sting's new music very much, but he has a total right to make records. I wouldn't call him up and say, "You gotta stop making records, man, you suck!""

Now look here, if no-one phone's Sting and tells him this he will keep on releasing albums. He will keep on writing the soundtracks for Disney musicals... He will keep on inflicting his trite rags to riches tales Geordie bobbins on Parkinson, and worse still autobiographies.

NobodyGetsOutAlive

He really needs to dig out the 3 Whiskeytown albums and realise how he was able to write brilliant songs. "Strangers Almanac" was fucking ace.

european son

Rock 'N Roll is a derivative-as-fuck, but i think brilliant tribute to well, Rock 'n' Roll... and as someone who deosn't really like all that alt-country stuff, best thing that Ryan's done.