Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:40:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tactile Sensations (Tautology?)

Started by The Boston Crab, February 09, 2007, 10:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Good:

Squeezing a Mr. Muscle trigger and seeing a cleansing cloud hiss out of the nozzle, there's just enough resistance for it to satisfy but not completely, meaning you're inclined to squeeze again and again. A full-on foot-to-the-floor squeeze is rarely necessary but feels fantastic.

Soaping another's aureola in the shower. The nipple could well go in the overrated thread but there's no way the tiny wrinkled ridges get enough credit. When dry, they're delightfully playful, when wet, they're probably banned in some States.

Bad:

Scratching yourself in the shower with no/short fingernails, particularly the mons pubis. I'm gritting my teeth now in disgust at how dreadful the feeling is, so unsatisfying and can even give you the sponge-under-the-nail distress which you either understand completely or don't at all.

Mousemats, usually the underside. Whatever foam-rubber abomination is used on these it makes me skin crawl. Too much resistance (that's the point, I know...) for our fingertips to handle whilst also hinting at an imminently perishable future, like artificial sandstone or flexible fibreglass you can feel the spores of mat coming off onto your fingertips and embedding themselves into your fingers, lips and eyes forever. Your touch now forever half-man, half-foam-rubber. Shudder...

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I can't stand the feel of polystyrene. It makes me shudder to touch it.

I ain't a freak tho!

AMG

I'm the same with that foam stuff you don't seem to see so much any more. Just thinking about touching it makes my hair stand on end.

Fry

Flunching your hand around in melted wax, it's heaven, picking it off of your hands when it's dry is also a delight.

Oh oh, and pouring golden syrup on your hands and letting it drip from hand to hand, slowly rolling around on your fingertips and palms....hmmmmmmm.

Oh, and shoving your hand into a pit of sand!

All lovely

But crabs, seaweed and nearly all sea life feel horrible in and out of the water.... yuck.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

God your hands must be in a right state. All covered on dried on wax, golden syrup and clumps of sand.

Brutus Beefcake

Lady Beaner

Rolling bogies between your finger and thumb.

What?!

Dipping your hands into a bag of raw rice and scooping it up - lurve it!

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

The feeling of fresh snow compacting as you walk on it is ace.

sproggy

Quote from: "Brutus Beefcake"Playing with your balls.

You haven't told us whether it's a good or bad tactile feedback experience.  I suspect bad, for I have no doubt that playing with your balls is not dissimilar to kneading a couple of lumpy bogies wrapped in cling film.

Brutus Beefcake

I fail to see what would be unpleasant about such a thing.

Cerys

Peaches.  The fuzziness of the skin makes eating them a toe-curlingly uncomfortable experience.  Give me a nectarine over a peach any time.  Unless it's one with a worm in it.  This is not good.

SweetRosalyn

Good = digging spoons into sugar - that scrunching sound and the way it gently gives is just heavenly.

Bad = running your fingers along corduroy. It just feels... wrong.

Cack Hen

Quote from: "Cerys"Peaches.  The fuzziness of the skin makes eating them a toe-curlingly uncomfortable experience.  Give me a nectarine over a peach any time.  Unless it's one with a worm in it.  This is not good.

ARGHHH I know! I do love the rest of a peach but the skin against my teeth makes me want to curl up into the foetus position.

I'm really sensitive to the way things feel. When my hands run out of moisture, usually in winter, everything feels gross. Most people don't even realise it but it makes it hard to do anything unless I have moisterisier - and lots of it. I can touch plastic things if my hand is spread wide apart but if I have to clench it in any way the skin touches itself and I recoil like I've had an eelctric shock. Paper or any soft fabrics are a complete no-no. Touching paper without moisterised hands would be like stabbing myself in the eye, I just couldn't do it. This is a nightmare if I'm out and don't have moisteriser, I usually wait until nobody's looking and spit on my fingers then rub it in. Gross, I know, but the relief is heavenly. For about ten seconds.

El Unicornio, mang

Licking fabric or seeing people lick fabric makes me shudder

Edit: or peaches, as Cerys said

buttgammon

I love the feel of poker chips, especially clinking a stack of them together. Another nice feeling is PVC. I won't go into details, but it's a lovely material to rub. I don't know how anything so synthetic can feel so wonderful.

On the flipside of the coin, wet hair is possibly the most disgusting thing in the world that I can touch (save for maybe Gary Glitter's scrotum).

Morrisfan82

Quote from: "buttgammon"On the flipside of the coin, wet hair is possibly the most disgusting thing in the world that I can touch
Conversely, I find the look and feel of wet hair on a girl incredibly hornsome. Horses for courses or what.

I hate the sensation of anything oily on my hands. The notion that it's impervious to water and might not completely wash off unnerves me slightly. I sometimes get disproprtionately angry when buttering toast and it invariably works its way up the handle of the knife, or I partially butter a finger that's steadying the slice. Every fucking time.

Picking up a plate only to put my fingers in a blob of butter or other substance that's concealed on the underside is particularly rage-inducing.

When I was a kid I fair chewed through the collar of a woolly jumper I wore, because I was absolutely repulsed by the squeaky sensation on my teeth, yet couldn't stop doing it.

I would put a lovely sensation in here for balance, but it's a rude one.

El Unicornio, mang

That moment when someone is talking to you (usually in a loud club) and a bit of spit lands on your face (especially bad if it lands on your lip) and you have to wait a bit before wiping it so as not to make it obvious what they've just done.

Brutus Beefcake

I just wipe it off.  If they find that offensive maybe they'll avoid spitting on people in future.

rudi

Quote from: "Muteki"I would put a lovely sensation in here for balance, but it's a rude one.

If you leave that butter on your finger it'll slip out much easier, too...

Good: two-day old facial stubble (nice and scratchy), mud between the toes, and real angorra

Bad: that 'oasis' stuff that florists use, chewing gum in any state on anything, and broken glass

Quote from: "Brutus Beefcake"Playing with your balls.
With mine? I'm flattered.

Labian Quest

Good: Putting your hands into a bag of those Polystyrene beads they use to fill bean bags with, you expect them to come out wet because it feels like water.