Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:26:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bargains bargains bargains....

Started by surreal, February 12, 2007, 12:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokyo Sexwhale

Yeah - I thought it was worth a Seinfeld-style punt though.

so did i, it hasn't come to pass though - just got this message through:

Yesterday an automated program mispriced the Tales of the Unexpected Box Set on the MovieMail website from £99.99 to £6.99.

When a mispricing takes place we will often honour the deal. However in this case the price difference is too large to make that feasible. We have therefore cancelled your order.

Please accept our apologies for the disappointment.

turnstyle

I went for this too, wasn't surprised to get that email this morning. Shame, as I was genuinely interested in these (although not enough to spend £99).

Nik Drou

Bionic Commando is now £4.50 at Tesco online.  Is this game worth getting yet?

buntyman

The Hotukdeals community are going ape for this Amazon Disney DVD and Blu Ray buy one get one free offer http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_115203707_17?ie=UTF8&ie=UTF8&docId=1000272253&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=172QYRNW58P1E77YPWAN&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=153892307&pf_rd_i=283926

I don't have a Blu Ray player but bought Toy Story 1&2, Wall E, Pinocchio, Snow White and Dumbo on Blu Ray for a total of £36. Seems an excellent deal and they come with the DVD too which will keep me going until I decide to fork out on a Blu Ray player.

wherearethespoons

I've never seen any of the Russ Meyer films but for some reason I'm very tempted to get this; http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/dvd/Russ-Meyer-Collection/1066349.htm

Should I?

Get Valley Of The Dolls / Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls, then ask yourself whether you can watch another 18 Russ Meyer flicks.

Artemis

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it's kind of related to this part of the forum, so....

Humax are releasing their Freeview HD PVR on 9th August (the HDR FOX-T2) and it's going to sell for £329. However, Very are selling it for £299. They also give you 10% off your first order if you use code XX829 at the checkout, and Quidco are giving a further 8% off the total, including VAT. That brings the total cost down to £242.17 - still a lot to shell out, but for a HD PVR, it's not that bad. Oh, and it connects to home networks for streaming and will have iPlayer/Sky Player support later this year. My order's placed for one.

Hank_Kingsley

Quote from: daz on April 02, 2010, 11:42:52 AM
Get Valley Of The Dolls / Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls, then ask yourself whether you can watch another 18 Russ Meyer flicks.

You will drink the black sperm of my vengeance!

I love that film so much.

surreal

for the artistically minded, Sculptris is a pretty impressive 3d sculpting and modelling tool - quite similar to zBrush and just been bought by the same company.  And it's free. For now, anyway.

http://www.sculptris.com/index.html

Check out the demo video

Famous Mortimer

wasp_f15ting

Quote from: Lee on April 05, 2010, 09:38:38 PM
Metal Gear Solid 4 for a fiver.

You should all get this game if you have a PS3, its still one of the best looking games ever made.

falafel

For a fiver he's right, just don't bother completing it or you'll kick yourself. In the head.

Ja'moke

The new HMV that has just opened in Hull has the Complete Seasons 1-6 of Lost for an impressive £69, reduced from £200. I think this might be just a pricing mistake because the HMV website is selling it at £114.99. But might be worth checking out your local HMV because that's a bargain.

Emma Raducanu

what is your avatar taken from? It's scaring me.

gmoney

It's a little girl in a wrestling crowd after one of the bad guys won the world title. They cut the camera to the girl in the crowd, furious with the events that had come to pass.

rjd2

Quote from: gmoney on November 29, 2010, 06:50:40 PM
It's a little girl in a wrestling crowd after one of the bad guys won the world title. They cut the camera to the girl in the crowd, furious with the events that had come to pass.

That, its quite anti climatic isn't it?!

Famous Mortimer

Spotted by wasp-f15ting in the blu-ray thread, the Alien quadrilogy is £24.99 at HMV today. Get that shit snapped up on the double!

wasp_f15ting

I have 2 x 2 month full memberships to lovefilm. You can use this to get a few films or whatever or play games you can't be arsed buying.

Give me a shout if you want the codes and I'll send you the codes and destroy the cards they came on.

I assume a few other lovefilm members might have them too. But I have no friends in reality to give it to so..