Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:52:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jonathan Whitehead in The Day Today?

Started by Darrell, March 23, 2004, 06:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrell

Hello. Seeing as the DVD won't provide the answer to this, I'm fascinated to know whether a long-standing suspicion/assumption of mine is correct.

In the Last Televised Hanging sketch from The Day Today, who is that sitting at the organ ("Fancy Lady? Well fancy that")? Is it, as I have always been thinking, Jonathan Whitehead making an uncredited cameo? He doesn't seem like an actor as such (his delivery certainly doesn't make me think he's a proper actor), isn't in the series anywhere else, and isn't played by one of the main cast (who you'd expect for that sort of thing).

Anyway, something I saw recently - the end credits to the series 2 finale of Armistice have passport photos instead of names, and one of the two pictures under the 'Music' header (the other being the theme song vocalist Johnny More) could very well be the same man.

Anyone know? Anyone actually care other than me?

Purple Tentacle

Ambient Sheep

I'm afraid I can't answer your question, but can you tell me who the main presenter of that section is?  I just assumed he was some jobbing actor, but it's implied by what you say that he's one of the main cast SERIOUSLY made-up.  Can't check my copy now, so can't have another squint to see if I'm being stupid.

Darrell

It's Mr Patrick Marber!

Who is thoroughly great in it.

Dr David V

I thought it looked and sounded more like Morris myself. Then again, maybe I'm wrong.

abighat

I always thought it looked like Johnathan Cohen, who used to 'do' piano on Play School, although I realise there is a good chance that it isn't.

wheatgod

Quote from: "Darrell"It's Mr Patrick Marber!

Who is thoroughly great in it.

agreed, on both counts

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Darrell"It's Mr Patrick Marber!
Good God, so it is!  (Well at least as far as my mind's eye can agree, anyway, which is quite far.)

QuoteWho is thoroughly great in it.
Absolutely - I admire him just for being able to do that 1950s hyper-RP so well!