Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:27:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What was the first thing you ever posted on CaB?

Started by Ciarán2, February 13, 2007, 11:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciarán2

For me, it was a thread starter about, of all things, Soft Rock back in 2000. Four years, a board crash and a mental breakdown later I returned with a jewel regarding the trials and tribulations of living in Valencia, Spain.

So what was your first CaB post - have you change at all since posting it? Are you embarrassed by it? I'm embarrassed about posting an anti-drug tirade here back in 2004. Oh well...

buttgammon

I have no idea what the first thing I posted was here (I posted about 4 times pre-board crash under a name I can't even remember) but my official 'first' post is:

QuoteThrobbing Gristle - United

It was the old "What are you listening too (sic)" thread! What a fucking waste of a first post!

Mister Cairo

It was about John Wayne Bobbit and Jo Brand.

I looked back on some of my 2005 posts the other week and reading them made me feel so embarressed, especially the ones on foreign affairs. I think I've changed in my outlook as I've realised that one opinions aren't always going to all be on the same area on the political spectrum, so you shouldn't think "I support X, so I should support Y".

Still Not George

It was a monkey - actually it was Ian Brown, to be precise.

My first actual post, on the other hand, was about sex. I talked about the difference between fucking and making love, and how fucking was ultimately superior as it was generally shorter and thus left more time for eating chinese food, which is after all what everyone really wants. It went down well, I seem to remember.

boki

Quote from: "Still Not George"It was a monkey - actually it was Ian Brown, to be precise.

My first actual post, on the other hand, was about sex. I talked about the difference between fucking and making love, and how fucking was ultimately superior as it was generally shorter and thus left more time for eating chinese food, which is after all what everyone really wants. It went down well, I seem to remember.

I don't like Chinese food.  Well, not most of it.  I like some of it.  I guess I'd only fuck some people rather than most of them, come to think of it.  Maybe you have a point.

I have absolutely no bloody idea what my first CaB post was, but it probably had something to do with those stars that followed the cursor around (that's right Huzzie, they were really there!)

Neil had no shame in those days:  stars that followed the cursor around aaaaaaaand...

(Comic Sans)

I believe the use of tiny text is justified on the grounds of taste here.

Mister Six

I think I was slagging off the second series of The League of Gentlemen.

mook

After posting a monkey, I think it was some rant about how much I hated Charlie Drake.

mothman

wheatgod

My initial posts made me sound like Ja'moke. Thank goodness I've moved on, albeit only slightly.

Cerys

I think my first one was about that programme in which they tried a repeat of the experiment with people playing the parts of prisoners and prison guards.  As I recall, I pointed out that the reworking was fundamentally flawed, since the participants knew what was going on instead of being totally psychologically fucked with.

non capisco

Some old rubbish about Billy Joel if memory serves. Someone subsequently wondered if I'd signed up just to post some old rubbish about Billy Joel.

The Duck Man

QuoteI thought the Johnny Vegas edition of Room 101 was excellent. To see him pour his heart out over how he was emotionally attached to Internet role-playing boards was a fantastic sight to behold. Much like his appearance at the Comedy Awards a couple of years back.

I've only ever seen one of the Hancock shows (Monkhouse - when he died) and none of the radio ones (in fact I didn't know they existed until I saw this thread!) so don't how good they are. I've always liked Merton and am rather fond of Room 101, although it has gone down hill in recent years due to it's tendencies to get boring people on, who, as has been said, can't argue very well. I too wish Merton would be a bit more decisive and not go to audience vote at all.

Still, I like it. Whilst it's not the best comedy on TV at the moment it's certainly not the worst - I'll settle for that.
Not bad, actually. I remember I registered here to slag Green Wing off.

Angst in my Pants

I made the mistake of asking a question about an upcoming "Friends" DVD boxset as my first post, thus invalidating the worth of any of my future posts.

My second post was about "Filthy, Rich & Catflap" though, how I wish it had been my first.

I seem to remember being on the board for months before realising GD, SE & UYA existed!

Tri-ang

My first post is in reply to a thread asking about what the first thing you posted on CaB was.

So, in reply, see above.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

In a Peep Show thread.

I'm pretty sure that British Aerospace (now called BAe Systems beacuse it's a The combination of British Aerospace (BAe) and Marconi Electronic Systems (MES)) is a seperate company to British Airways.

Yes hello, I am a pedantic geek!

Woo, exciting.

Lady Beaner

I have no idea what mine was. I think I posted a monkey and told everyone that I found the site by accident because one of my colleagues was on it a lot at the time... and I found it funny.

Milo

With regards to Nathan Barley episode three, my very first post was this:

QuoteI absolutely hated the first two but my attitude to this most recent one has reached the giddy heights of 'not entirely hostile'. Still, wasn't bad enough to make me go downstairs and watch Along Came Polly with housemates.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

ffogems

Mine was some back slapping late-night tirade against a Balls Of Steel minion. In retrospect it was a terrible entrance, yet at the time I went to bed fully expecting it to have awarded me deital status by the morning. Sadly, I'm still here, dragging my heels like some maudlin street store mannequin, still here, waiting for someone to acknowledge me, someone to love me or at the very, very least show me the flaps of their fanny.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If I had some flaps from a fanny next to me in a little box, I'd take a picture of it and show you. That's the level of esteem in which I hold you.

All Surrogate

It niggles that I can't remember my first post.  It was probably rubbish.  I really wish the old database were restored, so I know just how rubbish.

SweetRosalyn

Mine was about flat feet, and how I wished you could attach two mice to computers to use simultaneously.  (Those two things weren't actually related.  I didn't want to drive them with my feet or anything.)  Not especially thriling, really...

ccab

Mine was a Blue Jam soundtrack question back in the day, 2000 or 2001? I wanted Plaid's Rakimou IDed. I was told, "ethnic chillout music".

Look at me, said the crocodile, I knew dinosaurs.

fanny splendid

Mine was in The Young Ones thread, regarding the shopping centre which now stands in the quarry where the bus was exploded.

I was wrong.  I live between two quarries.  The one where they filmed that scene still looks the same.  The other quarry has a shopping centre in it.

Suttonpubcrawl

I think mine was something about kosher coke. I'm going to go and check if I remembered that correctly now.

Jack Shaftoe

I was responding to accusations that the fag packet scene I'd written for Green Wing was nicked from Bill Hicks (it wasn't). Some people were then annoyed with me for not knowing the original Bill Hicks joke, and said they'd have been happier if I had nicked it. The utter bloody-mindedness of this argument impressed me so much I have hung around ever since, slagging off the new Who and Torchwood and saving myself a fortune in therapy.