Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:35:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What was the first thing you ever posted on CaB?

Started by Ciarán2, February 13, 2007, 11:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev

Under this name, and not the other one I'd forgotten the password for, my first post was in the aftermath of 9/11.  I distinctly remember just jumping in and picking an argument with Spunk Workshop about how seeing a face in the flames was just sodding daft.

No monkeys in those days.  Happier times.  Apart from 9/11 and that.

Go With The Flow

Mine was attempting to clarify some confusion about Chris Morris (the one who did that paedophile thing on the telly, you know, a few years ago...) and Chris Morris (The BBC Radio producer)

hoverdonkey

Mine was an ill-advised piss-take of Abby, under my previous name, in a desperate attempt to be 'noticed'. I received suitably short shrift, although I'm convinced I was very, very funny.

Spiteface

I think mine was regarding the delay of the airing of the Brass Eye special, as I believe it was put back by a week or two later than planned.

I prefer not to talk about my early days of 'whoredom, (it wasmainly posts about 80's cartoons and calling moderators fascist because they told me I coudn't have a 150K animated sig) luckily I've changed my name a few times, and a lot of the people that were around then, are no longer here now. Either that or they've changed their names too, and I don't know about it.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

First post under this login on this board.

I miss Mando!

God knows what my first post with my first login might have been...

Still Not George

Quote from: "ffogems"Mine was some back slapping late-night tirade against a Balls Of Steel minion.
In all fairness, Balls of Steel was shite.

Catalogue Trousers

On the long-buried "First Celebrity Crush" thread, I was clearly having a somewhat sad RFH day for some reason or other...

QuoteIn a flagrant attempt at trying to out any pictures of her which may exist, for me the first major trouser-troubler was the mightily-gazongad Ellen (or was her name Heather?) from "OTT". Had trouble standing up after watching her...

On a non-priapic level, the first real crush was probably either Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith, or Penelope Pitstop. Go figure...

An illustrious start, I'm sure you'll all agree.

ccab

Quote from: "Eight Taiwanese Teenagers"I miss Mando!

Something about monkeys, perhaps. Can you remember your diving monkey gif animation? - or that genius Spackometer (was that the name?) flash toy?

And there ought to be a Mando revival.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Quote from: "ccab"
Quote from: "Eight Taiwanese Teenagers"I miss Mando!

Something about monkeys, perhaps. Can you remember your diving monkey gif animation? - or that genius Spackometer (was that the name?) flash toy?

And there ought to be a Mando revival.

I do remember the diving monkey. I wish I could find it now. I think Lycos must have deleted my old site!

I think I have the original Mando picture somewhere though...

GetTheeBehindMeStan

Quote from: "Catalogue Trousers"On the long-buried "First Celebrity Crush" thread, I was clearly having a somewhat sad RFH day for some reason or other...

QuoteIn a flagrant attempt at trying to out any pictures of her which may exist, for me the first major trouser-troubler was the mightily-gazongad Ellen (or was her name Heather?) from "OTT". Had trouble standing up after watching her...

On a non-priapic level, the first real crush was probably either Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith, or Penelope Pitstop. Go figure...

An illustrious start, I'm sure you'll all agree.

But good taste, nonetheless.

Mr Wrong

The trouble with this form of pointless chatter is that, unlike down the pub when the gobby-shite you inevitably spew out dissipates instantly, here it lingers like a permanent hangover -from a conceit, for instance, a rant, or  a non sequitur -not to mention a punctuation or spelling error. But how some of you claim to be embarrassed by this amazes me -it's just words on a screen.

chand

Mine was a response to a thread about 'black music' being shit and for criminals or something, which forced me to sign up and spit some rage about it. It ended up with me just listing some smart rappers who haven't ever shot anyone.

My oldest post now is something tedious about Region 1 DVDs. Meh.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

"I've heard rumours that the Fawlty Towers pilot still exists as rushes. Oh, where did I hear that again?" (4 Feb 04)

El Unicornio, mang

It was a link to some Blue Jam CDs on ebum in 2001

unicornjon* will think twice before saying that again!

*as I was known back then

Deadman97

Quote from: "I"I've watched the execution videos of Bigley AND his two American cell-mates, and I don't even know why. They're fucking horrible.

Musicoutoftrousers

I took a courageous stand against 2DTV with my first post, I recall. My next post was about the Robinsons! A show already horribly obscure about two years later.

I wish I could be one of those people whose first posts are shouty and opinionated and anti-consensus, but I have neither the self-confidence nor the rich contrarian streak required.

gazzyk1ns

My first registered post on CaB was expressing my surprise at how happy people seemed to be about Princess Di's death, and how they liked to mention it in posts, even a few years after it happened.

daisy11

Something cheeky in a discussion thread as I couldn't endure the blatant sexism any longer.

Beagle 2

In another incarnation in 2002, in a thread about Prince Phillip calling somebody a wog or something, I had a little rant against the monarchy, cementing my radical on-the-edge rep from the start. Almost Yearly gave me a lovely hello.

petula dusty

Being the weak, toadying, conformist that I am my first post was to fill out the questionnaire in the 'Hello, I'm New' thread. Nobody said hello back even though I'm female. That could be because I'm old and saggy though.

I've just read my first post and I'm not surprised I didn't get a response. Plus, DG posted just after me and mentioned she had big boobs so I had no chance. Mine are enormous but I didn't think to mention it at the time.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Mine was about how where I first heard/heard of Chris Morris.  

(It was when he filled in for Danny Baker on the old Radio 5, if you're interested.  Which you probably aren't).