Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:25:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ignore

Started by hymen spaz, February 14, 2007, 12:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hymen spaz

So you just clicked on this then?

Why is it that as soon as i see that title i go straight for it with a "ohhh hoo, some ones fucked up there, let me just do some internet rubber-necking"

are we attracted to the failures/fuck ups of others?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Yes. People in this country hate success.

Marvin

I'm going to ignore this thread to prove you wrong.

An interesting experiment.

If we compare it with the newest thread on this forum, which is 'what was the first thing you ever posted on CaB', which was started just under an hour before this one, we see that that thread has one more post and about 20 more views. I would say it was too early to say whether people click on an ignore thread more often at the moment.

buttgammon

I'm always certainly fascinated with 'ignore' threads, as I'm sure many people are. They have a certain enigmatic quality which makes me curious as to why we're supposed to ignore them. Therefore, I reckon wthin a few days, this thread will have more views than most other threads in this particular forum. I'm the kind of twat who says "Haha I bet someone said something which they regretted and subsequently deleted, the fucking pissface."

Oscar

I like that when some one accidently creates an ignore thread, the posts that follow don't need to take any direction. Usually what follows are several insults and vague threats (which people on this forum are very good at) and I always have the hope that someone will take the lack of specific topic as an opportunity for rambling and confession - I understand completely why "Nothing of Worth" threads are a Bad Thing, but if they spontaneously generate then that's ok, right?
On the odd occasion I start a thread, I always want to write in the last line "Nah, sod the topic, just write anything, go on."

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Quote from: "Marvin."I'm going to ignore this thread to prove you wrong.

There's a flaw in that somewhere, but I'm buggered if I can spot it.

Ciarán2

Yes, I've also noticed that threads named "Ignore" or "Please Delete" achieve a very high view count very quickly.

actwithoutwords

There's really nowhere else I can legitimately post it, but this gave me a chuckle:

QuoteWe have 5969 registered users
The newest registered user is iMac Hunt

Topical as well.

chumfatty

Unfortunately the more replies this thread gets the more it seems like a legitimate thread, thus creating more interest and misleading interpretations of the view count.

Although pointing that out by replying hasn't help either, maybe you should just ignore me.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Quote from: "chumfatty"Unfortunately the more replies this thread gets the more it seems like a legitimate thread, thus creating more interest and misleading interpretations of the view count.

Although pointing that out by replying hasn't help either, maybe you should just ignore me.
Spoiler alert
chumfatty
[close]

Pie Pie Eater

This really needs to get onto a second page to get going.

Lu tze

Quote from: "Pie Pie Eater"This really needs to get onto a second page to get going.

Ignore is an anagram of oringe.  If that helps?

buttgammon

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hows the ignoring going guys? I just wanted to lend some moral support.

You Can Do It.

buttgammon

I'll help some more.

hymen spaz

You guys are the best guys in the world when it comes to ignoring.

I'll pretend I didn't hear that.

cleverjake

Best ignore this post.

Ignore this new page.

mook

OK then, seeing as you asked so nicely.

mook

OK then, seeing as you asked so nicely.

butnut

I heard you the first time.

Santa's Boyfriend

Bah, I wanted to do the new page thing, but seem to have been beaten to it.  I'm going to have to wait until the next new page at least now.  This has ruined my day.

Quote from: "aaaaaaaaaargh!"Bah, I wanted to do the new page thing, but seem to have been beaten to it.  I'm going to have to wait until the next new page at least now.  This has ruined my day.
It wouldn't have, if you had ignored it like I said.

Is Louis Walsh the new "owe me £5" or "an hat"?

butnut

Last Valentine's Day, I couldn't even open Jim's front door.