Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:51:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Whorespotting

Started by 3pin, February 14, 2007, 05:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3pin

What’s the etiquette when meeting/seeing CaBers in real life?  

Over the 12 months I’ve been the vicinity of many whores - recognising them from meet photos etc. and wondered whether I should say hello, do nothing, or start sending them stalky PMs saying I know where they’ve been spending their evenings.

I sat behind to a gaggle of whores at Emo Philips (and said to my friend - ‘they're off the internet’ - to which he just looked at me strangely).  I sat opposite a whore in a pub but didn’t get drunk enough to go and say hello though I did try bluetoothing them something but they wouldn’t accept.  At a festival I called a whore who was a friend of a friend by his CaB name because I was drunk and had forgotten his real name.  I’ve even stayed at a whore’s sister’s house and met another whore who went to school with a friend.

So, would you like to be greeted by a ‘Hello, you’re xxx of cookdandbombd!’ by a total stranger?  Especially if it’s a stranger whose internet presence you aren’t even aware of.  
How about a friend revealing themselves to be a member of a forum where you’ve been spilling the details of your life semi-anonymously?  

Or have you met whores in real life, struck up a conversation and either fallen in love and lived happily ever after or realised that they are much more boring/exciting in real life than their internet persona?

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

I met SuttonPubCrawl at a party and he got all confused for a while. Also met ImitationLeather there, but I often see him round and about. Just the other week we were sat opposite each other in a pub. We talked for a short amount of time, but I probably wouldn't have said hello if we hadn't already met at the aforementioned party. I often also see people who I am convinced are 'Whores, even though I don't know who they could be.

Huzzie

I'd be happy if you politely asked for my autograph and then left it to me to decide if I wanted to further a relationship.

If I turn my back on you after signing your paper/laptop/chest/etc then it is to be taken for granted that I have not been sufficiently impressed enough to want to know you.

Really though, I would be chuffed to have a Whore come up to me and introduce themselves.

Mr. Analytical

Quote from: "Eight Taiwanese Teenagers"I met SuttonPubCrawl at a party and he got all confused for a while.

I think you've mentioned this before.  Didn't he introduce himself in a very LAHNdon accent and you didn't understand him because it sounded like "Suh-uhn Puh Craw"?

I wouldn't mind someone coming up to me and saying hello... I'm a very amiable chap in real life.

chumfatty

Bah ! I thought this was gonna be a thread where we could all tag our favorite prostitutes on Google maps.

no_offenc

I don't think the best way to go about it would be to keep referring to them by their username at, for instance, All Tomorrow's Parties, when they don't realise you use the board, and then continue to leave 'em guessing as to how they know a username you only use in a few places while they're drunk.

But then that's just me.

3pin

Quote from: "no_offenc"I don't think the best way to go about it would be to keep referring to them by their username at, for instance, All Tomorrow's Parties, when they don't realise you use the board, and then continue to leave 'em guessing as to how they know a username you only use in a few places while they're drunk.

But then that's just me.

Sorry, I was drunk.  

The main reason for me not CaB mentioning was that I was worried I may have posted stuff on here that I wouldn't really talk about with my friends in real life - so I wanted to check my posts before I could reveal myself!  And that's the reason why I am hestitant about the whorespotting - the other person might feel the same way and I wouldn't want them to feel awkward or embarrassed.

So, Huzzie and Mr. A, I know I can say hello to - I'll make sure I have a marker pen and my autograph book with me.

Huzzie

Quote from: "3pin"
So, Huzzie and Mr. A, I know I can say hello to - I'll make sure I have a marker pen and my autograph book with me.

hehe;-)

Don't worry about it, I normally carry around photo's with a printed signature to make life easier.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Quote from: "Mr. Analytical"
Quote from: "Eight Taiwanese Teenagers"I met SuttonPubCrawl at a party and he got all confused for a while.

I think you've mentioned this before.  Didn't he introduce himself in a very LAHNdon accent and you didn't understand him because it sounded like "Suh-uhn Puh Craw"?

Nope, not me, that must have been a different whore incident!

I asked him if he was SuttonPubCrawl, and he was confused. Not for long though, and he even knew my real surname once I gave a few hints as to my true identity.

no_offenc

Quote from: "3pin"Sorry, I was drunk.  

The main reason for me not CaB mentioning was that I was worried I may have posted stuff on here that I wouldn't really talk about with my friends in real life - so I wanted to check my posts before I could reveal myself!  And that's the reason why I am hestitant about the whorespotting - the other person might feel the same way and I wouldn't want them to feel awkward or embarrassed.

Ah no worries, I should've guessed given this is the only messageboard where I use this name (I think).

ziggy starbucks

its easy to recognise a cabber, they are the ones with terrible body odour

El Unicornio, mang

I've never met anyone off CaB. I imagine it would be a bit like meeting a minor celebrity, or bumping into someone I've been stalking on myspace.

Mr Wrong

Quote from: "3pin"What’s the etiquette when meeting/seeing CaBers in real life?  
Rape them to break the ice.

All Surrogate

I once saw TraceyQ and her sons in the library where I work.  They were all very pleasant.  I didn't introduce myself though, and now there would be no point.

hundred

I'm also from Walsall, All Surrogate, I may have seen you at some point. That is all.

non capisco

I've seen what I'm 99.9% sure have been Purple Tentacle and Banana Woofwoof on seperate occasions in 'real life', but bottled saying anything because even the .1% chance of embarrasing myself by going up to someone and saying "are you Banana Woofwoof" proved too insurmountable to bother.

Make me smile

Quote from: "All Surrogate"I once saw TraceyQ and her sons in the library where I work.  They were all very pleasant.  I didn't introduce myself though, and now there would be no point.

Ha! If you work in Walsall library you are either someone I know, or have worked with someone I know. Ooh, the mystery!

I met a friend of Sam's at a party in Bristol once upon a time - he was living in the same house as a friend who had gone down there for Uni. That's about as close as I've ever gotten to a verbwhore in real life, and I'm hoping it stays that way.

(I'll do the "us too" line first, before any other bastard does)

Mr. Analytical

The etiquette for female whores when they meet someone from here is to flash their breasts, wink and say "hop aboard sailor"

*quietly hopes it takes off*

EDIT: Actually no... going on past experience it's apparently to grope the male whore's nuts.  *ahem*

mothman

I'm just amazed that 3pin can remember all these faces. I've glanced at photos from past meets, especially the Bristol ones which I keep not being able to make it to, but I'll be buggered if I could remember any of you off the top of my head, let alone recognise anyone in the street, even the really funny-looking ones. So what's your secret, 3pey? Do you have some sort of aide-memoire, are you keeping a little pocket-sized scrapbook of Whores? Are you, in fact, a stalker?

Mr. Analytical

Some people are memorable.  WoofWoof for example I could recognise quite easily.  Pikey too but that's because he looks eerily like a bloke who used to run a kiddy's football team a mate of mine was in.  Though I'm sure Pikey wouldn't make spot "hygiene checks".

Mr Mr

As a long time lurker, I think I'd be able to spot Sutton Pubcrawl, Shoulders and Tracey Q, just because there photos have come up a fair few times in other threads.

Bar that the rest of you are safe. For the time being.

Jack Shaftoe

QuoteI'm sure Pikey wouldn't make spot "hygiene checks"

He said that's how writers' meetings are supposed to start!

Hmm.

3pin

Quote from: "mothman"So what's your secret, 3pey? Do you have some sort of aide-memoire, are you keeping a little pocket-sized scrapbook of Whores? Are you, in fact, a stalker?

I just remember faces and as a long time lurker so I've seen many a meet photo.  Of the gaggle of whores at Emo Philips I only really recognised Darrell, and one other who I don't know who it is, just remember the face from the photography thread (possibly lazyhour?).

no_offenc I recognised from meet photos and had actually seen him at gigs a few times before I actually spoke to him.  Goldentony and djtrees I recognised from their usernames being what they are commonly called in my circle of friends up north.  And PLC and Timmay used to put their faces up here regularly enough to be imprinted in my mind.  I saw Imitation Leather once too and recognised his face but didn't realise who he was until weeks later when a photo of him came up again.
And I'm a stalker.

Whores I'd Recognise:

TraceyQ
Banana Woofwoof
Purple Tentacle
Shoulders?-Stomach!
Weekender
Timmay
Abbie
Partridge's Love Child

I was talking to one whore's Dad at a party at Christmas (I haven't met the whore in question but he knows who I'm talking about).
And who says I wouldn't make compulsory hygiene checks?  I might do.  
Though I'm not sure I like the idea of a being a doppelganger of a paediasoccerist.

Artemis

I've seen Abattoir_Worker in passing, but she didn't see me (that's not as sinister as I've just read it back to be), and I'm 90% certain I've seen, and spoken to, Uzi Lover but didn't want to ask if he was Uzi Lover incase I got the wrong guy and got twatted.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

You wouldn't recognise me. I look very inconspicuous out and about. And the photo that went around is 2 years old, and my chin pubes have lengthened.

Quote from: "non capisco"I've seen what I'm 99.9% sure have been Purple Tentacle and Banana Woofwoof on seperate occasions in 'real life', but bottled saying anything because even the .1% chance of embarrasing myself by going up to someone and saying "are you Banana Woofwoof" proved too insurmountable to bother.

Someone actually has come up to me and asked me if I was Banana Woofwoof on the tube.  Luckily, I am Banana Woofwoof.  They were called Shane but did not actually tell me their Verbwhore name, usefully! Shane, make yourself known!

I have bumped into Peach Smints on the way home from work and mayer at a coupla gigs.  I think that might be it, though.  I thought I saw Purple Tentacle once but I too bottled out of saying anything to him.

Quote from: "3pin"
Quote from: "mothman"So what's your secret, 3pey? Do you have some sort of aide-memoire, are you keeping a little pocket-sized scrapbook of Whores? Are you, in fact, a stalker?

I just remember faces and as a long time lurker so I've seen many a meet photo.  Of the gaggle of whores at Emo Philips I only really recognised Darrell, and one other who I don't know who it is, just remember the face from the photography thread (possibly lazyhour?).

no_offenc I recognised from meet photos and had actually seen him at gigs a few times before I actually spoke to him.  Goldentony and djtrees I recognised from their usernames being what they are commonly called in my circle of friends up north.  And PLC and Timmay used to put their faces up here regularly enough to be imprinted in my mind.  I saw Imitation Leather once too and recognised his face but didn't realise who he was until weeks later when a photo of him came up again.
And I'm a stalker.

It would have been Darrell and Lazyhour, yep.